• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals Vs. Browns

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nothing happening until offseason regardless, so may as well root for good Andy to return and stick around a while.

It's very clear that this team is capable of winning games with Andy playing well or not. I will root for a win every single time. Assuming that win comes, I hope Andy plays horribly IN that win, so hopefully the Bengals organization - minus the few who already see it (ahem...Gruden) - will see Andy is a hindrance to a championship caliber team and puts a solid effort forth to try to find a better replacement, whether through the draft or FA (ahem...Cutler).

Anyone who disagrees either believes Dandy can be the answer or has reading comprehension issues.

Twisting of my words coming in 5, 4, 3, 2....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very clear that this team is capable of winning games with Andy playing well or not. I will root for a win every single time. Assuming that win comes, I hope Andy plays horribly IN that win, so hopefully the Bengals organization - minus the few who already see it (ahem...Gruden) - will see Andy is a hindrance to a championship caliber team and puts a solid effort forth to try to find a better replacement, whether through the draft or FA (ahem...Cutler).

Anyone who disagrees either believes Dandy can be the answer or has reading comprehension issues.

Twisting of my words coming in 5, 4, 3, 2....

So, you think Gruden is without fault? If you believe all the hype, it was Jay Gruden that was big on drafting Ginger to begin with. That should be a strike against him.

And it's Jay Gruden that leads an offense that is beginning to develop a horrible trend..... They hit the middle of the season, teams figure them out and we don't adjust. Granted, if Dalton plays the way he's been playing, it would be a challenge for even the best offensive coordinator to get better than average play out of the offense. That said, I think Gruden's performance is somewhat spotty.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, you think Gruden is without fault? If you believe all the hype, it was Jay Gruden that was big on drafting Ginger to begin with. That should be a strike against him.

And it's Jay Gruden that leads an offense that is beginning to develop a horrible trend..... They hit the middle of the season, teams figure them out and we don't adjust. Granted, if Dalton plays the way he's been playing, it would be a challenge for even the best offensive coordinator to get better than average play out of the offense. That said, I think Gruden's performance is somewhat spotty.

I am a big fan of Gruden. But that is not what I said. It was a reference to the report that futball posted from Dalton's rookie season when a source reported that Gruden wasn't sold on Dalton. I was making the point that hopefully others (Marvin and Brown) in the organization can also see what Gruden and likely some others see as well.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if Dalton could somehow stop doing dumb things and making errant throws that would be nice.

my guess is he's got money now and he's getting comfortable. He needs to get the "eye of the tiger" back...

but this is reality, and it won't happen.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gruden, but he has a few head-scratchers every season (and he's starting to overuse that flat pass to Gio like Brat used the shovel)..... And one or two games that the offense just looks horribly lost. Having a quarterback that gets scared to throw it to the middle of the field doesn't help.

I think Paul Alexander needs to be looked at closely as well - Doesn't it seem like our run blocking is regressing?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Andy Dalton can run up a mountain during the bye week? That helped Rocky.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if Dalton could somehow stop doing dumb things and making errant throws that would be nice.

my guess is he's got money now and he's getting comfortable. He needs to get the "eye of the tiger" back...

but this is reality, and it won't happen.

He was making good money the second he got drafted. He is still working off a 2nd round rookie contract, so if you mean fat with riches, that is not happening.

"Eye of the Tiger" is in the eye of the beholder. You can have the greatest motivators in the world, but they will not do any good if you are not willing to motivate yourself.

Dalton is in a terrible funk, as bad as he was good. Too damn streaky of a player, why the Reds hitters drive me freaking crazy. He needs to find a way to be more consistant from game to game. We don't need superstar Andy, we need motivational leader Andy, who takes care of the ball and is more consistant statistic wise from game to game.

--------------

Flaming needs to get Cutler out of his head, because it is not going to happen. Why be so pissed off and disappointed come offseason?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was making good money the second he got drafted. He is still working off a 2nd round rookie contract, so if you mean fat with riches, that is not happening.

"Eye of the Tiger" is in the eye of the beholder. You can have the greatest motivators in the world, but they will not do any good if you are not willing to motivate yourself.

Dalton is in a terrible funk, as bad as he was good. Too damn streaky of a player, why the Reds hitters drive me freaking crazy. He needs to find a way to be more consistant from game to game. We don't need superstar Andy, we need motivational leader Andy, who takes care of the ball and is more consistant statistic wise from game to game.

--------------

Flaming needs to get Cutler out of his head, because it is not going to happen. Why be so pissed off and disappointed come offseason?

To be fair, I think I'm the one that keeps bringing up Cutler.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't do pissed off or disappointed. I leave that to you.

Fans are supposed to be hopeful. That's all I'm doing. Kind of like what you've been doing for the last 2.5 years and continue to do with Dalton. We're both in the same boat.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Gruden, but he has a few head-scratchers every season (and he's starting to overuse that flat pass to Gio like Brat used the shovel)..... And one or two games that the offense just looks horribly lost. Having a quarterback that gets scared to throw it to the middle of the field doesn't help.

I think Paul Alexander needs to be looked at closely as well - Doesn't it seem like our run blocking is regressing?

I agree. He's not the best OC in the league (that would go to Payton hands down) by any means, but I give him top 5 - worst case top 10 - honors. It's kind of like the lack of TE seam routes that fans here keep complaining about. You can only do something so many times until teams start taking it away. That said, you can't acknowledge the QB's shortcomings and then when talking about the effectiveness of the OC not mention the QB. They go hand in hand. And I'd love to see what Gruden could do with a QB who isn't supposed to be a game manager.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He's not the best OC in the league (that would go to Payton hands down) by any means, but I give him top 5 - worst case top 10 - honors. It's kind of like the lack of TE seam routes that fans here keep complaining about. You can only do something so many times until teams start taking it away. That said, you can't acknowledge the QB's shortcomings and then when talking about the effectiveness of the OC not mention the QB. They go hand in hand. And I'd love to see what Gruden could do with a QB who isn't supposed to be a game manager.

I don't think that will be possible under Lewis. I think Lewis let the offense be wide open in 2005 and 2006 and his D couldn't hold up their end of the bargain. In the later years of Palmer, Lewis forced him to be more of a game manager and he limited the offense. I think this is Marvin's strategy -- It's a year 2000 strategy played out in 2013.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think that will be possible under Lewis. I think Lewis let the offense be wide open in 2005 and 2006 and his D couldn't hold up their end of the bargain. In the later years of Palmer, Lewis forced him to be more of a game manager and he limited the offense. I think this is Marvin's strategy -- It's a year 2000 strategy played out in 2013.

Last year I may have agreed, but this season Marvin seems to have broken out of some of his funk. It isn't as if Dalton isn't slinging the ball around. They make plenty of attempts to go downfield. And Marvin is more keen to go for it now on 4th and short downs as well.

I think part of the problem is, considering this offense and the plethora of weapons (TE's and Green particularly), Marvin and Gruden attempt to utilize those downfield weapons, but they don't fit Andy's strengths due to his lack of accuracy downfield. And now teams have caught on to Andy, bringing that extra man, taking away the middle of the field, and daring him to throw deep. And Andy just can't beat it because he is only a game manager. Poor man's Alex Smith.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless...

Andy is going nowhere.

They aren't bringing someone in to "compete"

He's the QB for the future. Might as well hope he plays well.

Sure, you can hope he plays poorly and the Bengals still win, but if they keep winning, they will overlook a lot of fault with Andy and keep him anyway "because he wins".

I'm not saying I agree with that, but this is the Bengals, and it's still Mike Brown. Until proven otherwise, there is no way this team is making a change at QB, outside of a major injury.