• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Steelers SNF thread

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly sure his 'concussion' will be fine by Wednesday.

He was just being a bitch because he chocked again when we needed him most.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
haha...colts may be our best chance, but you can't have a passing game with one target. Can't be done. Sanu and greshem are busts, no eifert, no jones...forget it. Dalton is bad. It's a miracle we have 10 wins

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ frequently either chokes or just goes away in big games. He torched these bastards for over 200 yards last time and for my money was the goat tonight.

My question is this: How much of that is AJ and how much of it is the fact that the guy that has to get him the ball does what he did tonight? AJ was responsible for two turnovers tonight, but when your QB is horrendous in these games, is it possible to accurately judge AJ's performance? It's not like he's dropping passes consistently our at key times, he just had horrible stats.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts aren't very good right now. We can win. The question is do we know we can win?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this: How much of that is AJ and how much of it is the fact that the guy that has to get him the ball does what he did tonight? AJ was responsible for two turnovers tonight, but when your QB is horrendous in these games, is it possible to accurately judge AJ's performance? It's not like he's dropping passes consistently our at key times, he just had horrible stats.

No matter who your qb is, you can't fumble the ball in scoring position with less than 4 minutes to play.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have immediately gone to nflshop.com and bought Nelson's jersey if he would have punched Tomlin in the face.

Dude won the coaching lottery with Dick LeBeau as his D coordinator and Ben as his QB.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's not fair, but AJ is our "star". Since we all know our quarterback is not very good, it's on AJ to compensate for him. Brown finds a way. AJ doesn't do that. That first pick happened because he quit on his route. Maybe he can't catch that ball, but if he doesn't quit maybe he could have defended it. I guarantee you Brown would have. It's just like it's always been with us and the Steelers. Their stars rise to the occasion, ours quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who your qb is, you can't fumble the ball in scoring position with less than 4 minutes to play.

I'm not disputing that, but that's one game. I'm not sure where this mindset that he disappears in big games come from, I'm just assuming it's his stat line, which I'd think you'd want to rewatch those games and see if the fault is actually his. The Cleveland game wasn't on him. Pretty hard to catch balls that are going out of bounds or to the other team.

Edit: I'm not arguing the point, just trying to understand where it's coming from because the dude is one of the top receivers in the game to anyone you ask.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disputing that, but that's one game. I'm not sure where this mindset that he disappears in big games come from, I'm just assuming it's his stat line, which I'd think you'd want to rewatch those games and see if the fault is actually his. The Cleveland game wasn't on him. Pretty hard to catch balls that are going out of bounds or to the other team.

Edit: I'm not arguing the point, just trying to understand where it's coming from because the dude is one of the top receivers in the game to anyone you ask.

There is no way to prove it..... But there has been a lot of chatter about his contributions after each of our high profile losses. Whether it's fair or not is another question.

Tonight it is certainly fair to say that he blew it. He made a horrible play on the first pick, could have prevented the second pick and fumbled the game away in the 4th quarter.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let another one get away tonight. We could've and maybe should've beat the Steelers both times this season but can't hold it together in the 4th quarter. I may get blasted for this (or maybe not) but I'm blaming tonight solely on Adriel Jeremiah Green. I'm very much done with this dude after this year. He seems soft as butter and consistently lets this team down in big games. I'd trade him for a top draft pick tomorrow no questions asked.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the stat line at all. It's the frequency of costly fumbles and lack of big plays in clutch moments. He's just like Chad Johnson. Piles up numbers in meaningless games, pulls a Houdini in the big ones. The Cleveland game was not his fault though your right. That was textbook Dalton diarrhea sharting pussitis for sure.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B5gMW_6CcAAuI10.jpg

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
over the years I've gotten much better at watching Bengal gaffs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that once someone reaches a certain 'status' with the team, the coaches simply stop pushing them and start (and maybe in some cases, continue) baby them. There's no bar set higher, no higher expectations in practice, and certainly no accountability for when errors are made.

The dude who ripped out the fumble last night even said after the game "Coach said that 18 doesn't put the ball away. Holds it out front when he runs, and we can rip it out".

Go back and watch some tape, and he's 100% accurate. AJ rarely puts the ball away after any catch. he holds it with both hands, and often times out in front of his body. After nearly 4 years of playing NFL ball, this should not happen. Not only is that on AJ, but who the hell is coaching him? You mean to tell me that every single coach that watches film hasn't been able to get AJ to correct this problem after 4 years?

Just like the offensive play calling issues. For how long have we watched an early burned time out, or even a timout coming off a dead-ball/commercial because someone can't get the play called in correctly, or fast enough, or guys can't get back to the line, or just have a general lack of urgency? It's been QB after QB, OC after OC, and year after year...no accountability. That has to come from the top, and that has to come from Marvin.

His low key attitude can be great for when times are rocky, but the problem lies that he never gets 'up' for big games, and never gets into a guys face when they make consistent errors. That trickles down to the players, and can (at least in part, maybe) explain why this team fails to get 'up' for big games, and why guys don't fear not improving, and why they rarely ever seem to find that 'next gear' that other teams seem to routinely get to. You can't find that next level if you aren't consistently pushed to be great, and they just don't believe that anything will happen when they continue to do things the way they want to do them. Again, that is on Marvin.

He doesn't need to turn into Rex Ryan, but it would be great to see some actual emotion and fire out of him, and for that to trickle down, at least somewhat, to the players and get them fired up as well. It's no wonder they look like they're all asleep on the field because it looks like Marvin is asleep on the sidelines after every INT/Fumble just clapping his hands.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got a puppy the last time the Bengals won a playoff game, he'd be dead by now.