• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Steelers SNF thread

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In review:

1) Dalton is a pussy
2) Green blew the big dick Sunday Night
3) Dalton is the Mini Me of big game QBs
4) The Bengals have ruined AJ Green's career

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start of the game a Bengals fan in the stands has a sign, "Steelers, it's OUR turn".

It's a common theme with the Bengals fanbase. It's our turn. The Steelers are the past, the Bengals are the future. Steeler fans only have the past to look to because the Bengals own this division etc. etc. etc.

Somehow you paint on stripes and whiskers and all of a sudden you are the real deal I guess. :yahoo:

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the sad sombitches go and win the Superbowl now and ruin all my awesome pre-playoff posting.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have that and watch it about once a year.

Start of the game a Bengals fan in the stands has a sign, "Steelers, it's OUR turn".

Um..we don't take turns - you have to earn it.

In all honesty, I think this was the fatal flaw in the Carson/Chad teams. I think on the one hand they feel cheated that because of Palmer's injury, they never really got a chance to experience playoff football and have a chance to make a run, and I truly believe that the players felt that they were so good enough and would just end up back in that spot the following season ready for another chance, without having to work/struggle/play hard to get back there. And they didn't make it and they imploded

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Palmer injury was a killer man. He was never the same player after that and the team was really built around him at that point. From my perspective anyway.

I remember going into that game telling EVERYONE that the Bengals were going to kill us. I had zero faith in the Steelers coming out on top at that point. It was a nice surprise.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Palmer injury was a killer man. He was never the same player after that and the team was really built around him at that point. From my perspective anyway.

I remember going into that game telling EVERYONE that the Bengals were going to kill us. I had zero faith in the Steelers coming out on top at that point. It was a nice surprise.

I never doubted the win. I knew the Bengals would find a way to lose.

We split that year. We won in Cincy and they won in the 'Burgh.

I knew we'd win the Lombardi when we beat Indy.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knew we'd find a way to lose?
oh, so you've watched our guys play before, lol.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have that and watch it about once a year.

Um..we don't take turns - you have to earn it.

In all honesty, I think this was the fatal flaw in the Carson/Chad teams. I think on the one hand they feel cheated that because of Palmer's injury, they never really got a chance to experience playoff football and have a chance to make a run, and I truly believe that the players felt that they were so good enough and would just end up back in that spot the following season ready for another chance, without having to work/struggle/play hard to get back there. And they didn't make it and they imploded

We fans don't understand how hard it is to win a game in the NFL. Each season is a new beginning on top of that.

You have to start from scratch each year.

"You have to work harder to maintain the same ground" - Rocky Blier.

Chris Henry couldn't stay out of trouble.

Carson never fully recovered.

Chad Johnson's ego became more and more of a distraction.

They had to replace their RB a couple years after that.

That being said, they HAVE had their chances the last 3 years.

But they lost in Houston. Dalton was OK but he was a rookie so you can't throw the world on his shoulders.

They lost in Houston the next year, too.

Last year they lost at home against the Chargers and Dalton looked like it was his first playoff game.

Still...they're alive this year and COULD get a win vs. the Colts. If they do, Cincy will burn itself to the ground in celebration.

I can't even imagine...no playoff win in almost 24 years. Some of the guys they have on the roster weren't even born yet.

Thing is, if they don't do it this year - it might very well be over 30 until their window opens again. Should they lose this one, I see them parting ways with Dalton and bringing in another QB.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a transgender biracial dream boat. A gun-toting liberal agnostic who goes to church every sunday.

I've also got Uncle Jesse's hair.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We fans don't understand how hard it is to win a game in the NFL. Each season is a new beginning on top of that.

You have to start from scratch each year.

"You have to work harder to maintain the same ground" - Rocky Blier.

Chris Henry couldn't stay out of trouble.

Carson never fully recovered.

Chad Johnson's ego became more and more of a distraction.

They had to replace their RB a couple years after that.

That being said, they HAVE had their chances the last 3 years.

But they lost in Houston. Dalton was OK but he was a rookie so you can't throw the world on his shoulders.

They lost in Houston the next year, too.

Last year they lost at home against the Chargers and Dalton looked like it was his first playoff game.

Still...they're alive this year and COULD get a win vs. the Colts. If they do, Cincy will burn itself to the ground in celebration.

I can't even imagine...no playoff win in almost 24 years. Some of the guys they have on the roster weren't even born yet.

Thing is, if they don't do it this year - it might very well be over 30 until their window opens again. Should they lose this one, I see them parting ways with Dalton and bringing in another QB.

While you'll make a lot of friends with Bengal fans for believing this, it's not going to happen.

Dalton will be here for at least another two seasons -- And our roster is good enough to continue to compete for playoff spots. Sadly, our next few seasons will probably look a lot like the one we just played.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, this is the NFL, where they don't just give up on QBs that get a lot of money and have some success here and there.

Eli Manning and Sam Bradford for example.