• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Practice Squad

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let Seattle know that great defense and running the ball isn;t the way to win and they need to change.

They also have Russell Wilson. Not saying he's Aaron Rodgers but the Seahawks don't go to two straight Super Bowls without him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Russell Wilson. Not saying he's Aaron Rodgers but the Seahawks don't go to two straight Super Bowls without him.
I agree, but what do they not have?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green isn't going anywhere. This discussion is pointless. This is the Bengals. Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis run the show. Somebody could offer 5 1st rounders for Green and they wouldn't do it.

For the record, I'd trade AJ for a pair of 1st rounders tomorrow. I think he's a tremendous talent. He could put up historic numbers with a legitimate NFL QB. But his overall value has been overrated by our fans. WRs are a luxury. Not a must have.

WR's are a luxury, not a must have in a pass heavy NFL?

Okay, if you say so man.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH GOD HE NEEDS TO STOP WHINING

I know. It upsets me so damn much that we have a top 5 WR on my favorite team. I wish we could go back to the old days when 4 to 5 wins were the norm. Ohhhh, whoa is me. Whoa is us. Poor Bengal fan base having to deal with AJ Green. *whines* *whines* *whines*

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It upsets me so damn much that we have a top 5 WR on my favorite team. I wish we could go back to the old days when 4 to 5 wins were the norm. Ohhhh, whoa is me. Whoa is us. Poor Bengal fan base having to deal with AJ Green. *whines* *whines* *whines*
Eh, first round exits are much better.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just keeps the Status quo in cincinnati. Makes Dalton look good enough to keep which makes Marv look good enough to keep. Yay us.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll let Seattle know that great defense and running the ball isn;t the way to win and they need to change.

The team who traded a 1st and a 3rd pick for Percy Harvin while he was in a contract year and proceeded to give him 12 million a season? The same team who just traded a probowl center and another 1st round pick for a move TE that's going to be used like a WR in the passing game? They seem to recognize how important a big time weapon is in today's passing game

They've been a run/defense team out of necessity not design. They also have a mobile, improvisational QB who can still move the ball without weapons

This team needs AJ Green. They got him at a fair market contract and for his whole prime without the 5th year. I like the deal

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team who traded a 1st and a 3rd pick for Percy Harvin while he was in a contract year and proceeded to give him 12 million a season? The same team who just traded a probowl center and another 1st round pick for a move TE that's going to be used like a WR in the passing game? They seem to recognize how important a big time weapon is in today's passing game

They've been a run/defense team out of necessity not design. They also have a mobile, improvisational QB who can still move the ball without weapons

This team needs AJ Green. They got him at a fair market contract and for his whole prime without the 5th year. I like the deal
Lets see, Harvin didn't really play and then they shipped him off very quickly because it was certain quick that he wasn't worth 12 mil. Graham isn't a WR, he is a TE. I'd pay vastly more for a stud TE than WR. They are vastly more important,

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see, Harvin didn't really play and then they shipped him off very quickly because it was certain quick that he wasn't worth 12 mil. Graham isn't a WR, he is a TE. I'd pay vastly more for a stud TE than WR. They are vastly more important,

I think the key word here was "vastly".

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you're reaching here. They traded Harvin because he was injury prone, got into fist fights with teammates and didn't produce on the field. They invested so much in him and Graham because they wanted to upgrade their targets for Wilson. Seattle's a bad example to prove your point

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're reaching here. They traded Harvin because he was injury prone, got into fist fights with teammates and didn't produce on the field. They invested so much in him and Graham because they wanted to upgrade their targets for Wilson. Seattle's a bad example to prove your point
It's really not. They won a SB and made it top another with no real talent at WR. That is exactly the point I want to make. Their best WR in the SB WAS AN UNDRAFTED GUY FROM KENTUCKY.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's really not. They won a SB and made it top another with no real talent at WR. That is exactly the point I want to make. Their best WR in the SB WAS AN UNDRAFTED GUY FROM KENTUCKY.

Golden Tate had 100 catches and 1300 yds in a pass first offense last season so saying Seattle won a SB without any WR talent isn't necessarily true.

Between signing Sidney Rice, the trade for Harvin and now the one for Graham I'd say finding a top flight pass catcher seems to be one of the Carroll/Schneider regime's main objectives. They haven't done it yet but I don't think the Seahawks or any quality team in 2015 has a design to play like the 2000 Ravens. It's not how the game is played these days

New England won a SB without an elite pass rusher last season. Robert Quinn, Justin Houston, JJ Watt, Mario Williams, Von Miller and Demarcus Ware all have one or less playoff victories for their entire career. Does that mean you let an elite pass rusher go because they must not be important?

I think there are a bunch of different ways to build a winning team in the NFL. Locking up your young, elite talent before they hit the open market is generally a good plan to start

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate had 100 catches and 1300 yds in a pass first offense last season so saying Seattle won a SB without any WR talent isn't necessarily true.

Between signing Sidney Rice, the trade for Harvin and now the one for Graham I'd say finding a top flight pass catcher seems to be one of the Carroll/Schneider regime's main objectives. They haven't done it yet but I don't think the Seahawks or any quality team in 2015 has a design to play like the 2000 Ravens. It's not how the game is played these days

New England won a SB without an elite pass rusher last season. Robert Quinn, Justin Houston, JJ Watt, Mario Williams, Von Miller and Demarcus Ware all have one or less playoff victories for their entire career. Does that mean you let an elite pass rusher go because they must not be important?

I think there are a bunch of different ways to build a winning team in the NFL. Locking up your young, elite talent before they hit the open market is generally a good plan to start

Well said!

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past Super Bowl probably had the worst starting wide receivers for both teams in the history of the Super Bowl.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, look at the QB's who played in them. Brady can turn any scrub WR into a good WR. I mean look at Edelman.

Then Wilson is so mobile and has excellent pocket awareness he can use his feet to extend time for plays and let those WR's get open.

NE doesn't even have that great of a defense or a running game. So that debunks winning championships on the ground and with good defense.

Every team is built differently, but now a days, passing is the biggest key to success in the NFL. We have become a pass happy league with all the rules limiting what DB's can do in coverage and penalties.

We are lucky as hell to have AJ Green.

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they let Golden Tate walk because they didn't want to pay him half of what Green is getting.