• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Practice Squad

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerback Troy Hill
Defensive tackle DeShawn Williams
Linebacker Trevor Roach
Wide receiver Jake Kumerow
Tight end Matt Lengel
Guard Dan France
Guard Trey Hopkins
Running back Terrell Watson
Running back James Wilder Jr.
Quarterback Keith Wenning

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad Williams made it through. He'll do in a pinch

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise is sometimes oddly competent (given our incompetent history it's still hard to get your head around)..... I can't think of a guy that we lost that I would have liked to keep. Well done.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just wait, teams can sign guys off our practice squad to their 53 man. So I expect Williams and Wilder to be gone before week 4.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just wait, teams can sign guys off our practice squad to their 53 man. So I expect Williams and Wilder to be gone before week 4.

Wilder is overrated by our fans..... I worry about Williams though.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just consider Williams gone and it will hurt less.

we need a damned guard that doesn't suck. I'd consider trading for one, but I guess our backup tackles can just fill in at guard when one of the starters has to take a pee break.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we need a damned guard that doesn't suck. I'd consider trading for one, but I guess our backup tackles can just fill in at guard when one of the starters has to take a pee break.

The guards are fine, its an nfl quality starting center that this team lacks

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards are fine, its an nfl quality starting center that this team lacks

Yes indeed. It's been the thorn in our sign since Rich Braham went down all those years ago.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm...
I never said the 2 we have on the active roster were the problem. we are going with 8 active OL, that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

yes, center is an issue, but I'm hoping it's just been blown out of proportion by people who really don't know what they are talking about and just repeat what they hear and read, otherwise I don't understand how people keep predicting 10 wins for this team.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds to me like you're not a fan of any of our guards.

umm...
I never said the 2 we have on the active roster were the problem. we are going with 8 active OL, that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

yes, center is an issue, but I'm hoping it's just been blown out of proportion by people who really don't know what they are talking about and just repeat what they hear and read, otherwise I don't understand how people keep predicting 10 wins for this team.

I admit, I don't know what I'm talking about, but if you watch the o line you can clearly see Bodine on the ground, getting pushed back, or him chasing his man into the backfield.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they figured any fool can hike a ball.

after a few injuries to the line Dalton will have a lot of excuses to fail.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what I'm talking about..... But I always figured it was probably bad when you are involuntarily moved five yards backwards after snapping the football.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are exaggerating about Bodine a little bit. Not completely, but a little bit. I think he was a rookie last year and is learning the ropes. An NFL offense is much more complex to help anchor especially when as the center you are responsible for line calls and alignment. DL are so damn big and fast now a days, that starting in a vulnerable position like the center is, I am sure is a very difficult task.

Now I know that is no excuse as there are other really good centers in this league that doesn't happen to, but he only has one year under his belt, and it takes some guys a little bit to get it going, like it did Rich Braham. As I am personally recalling, Braham kinda sucked his first few years in the league before it clicked for him. Hopefully, Bodine will click a little faster than Braham did.

However, everyone is expecting instant satisfaction on everything now. Dalton had his 4 years and he didn't improve, matter of fact, he seemed to regress. He had his shot at not getting so much blame, that time is over. I would have to think we have to give Bodine a couple years to figure things out at one of the 3 most difficult positions on the field: QB, MLB, C

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't think Wilder is over hyped by our fans, I just think a lot of fans see the potential that Wilder has with his size and speed. He is a heck of a special teams player as I saw him make some good tackles down field being the first guy in on the return take down. He also has enough burst to make it to the outside, as well as enough power to run through the middle of the line and break tackles.

I think he is a victim of the number game in Cincinnati, so I would not be surprised at all to see someone pick him up for their 53 man roster if they have an injury to one of their running backs. He might not be a starter, but he would be a quality backup with his intangibles.

Hill has earned the starting role on this team. Gio is a 2nd round pick, and a change of pace back from Hill while having excellent hands. Burkhead was a lower round pick, but he has made himself indispensable with his position flexibility. Then you have Peerman who is a special teams captain for the last several years. Wilder really didn't stand a chance of making this roster even though my wishful thinking had him being secured on our 53 man roster.

I am glad he made it to our practice squad, but I don't think he will be there long as I see many teams who do not have the same depth as the Bengals do at RB, and Wilder could be a casualty on our PS at some point.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you can afford to let a guy learn when he hurts your team..... This is a playoff roster - If you have doubts about your center, you replace them.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we don't have the money..... Particularly since we didn't get around to signing any of our future FAs to long-term deals. You know, like everyone said we were going to do rather than signing free agents this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, not surprised.

They kept the guys I pretty much thought they would, and the guys they wanted to keep on the PS, they did. Seems like a win/win.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throughout the season, I will be offering insights and training tips to any of the guys on the practice squad.
Contact me offline and I will be offering advice on ways to improve your performance on the field and make you a a better and more complete player, should you get the call.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we don't have the money..... Particularly since we didn't get around to signing any of our future FAs to long-term deals. You know, like everyone said we were going to do rather than signing free agents this year.

If anyone actually bought into that nonsensical Hobspin drivel, nieve doesn't do them justice. Which case, the Brown family has beach front property for sale on scenic Lake Erie.

There's absolutely no reason that an AJ Green contract shouldn't already be signed and mailed. Julio signed his deal, Dez and Demaryius got theirs done. The market has been set.