• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears trade no.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So used to seeing the Bears get fleeced in deals. Nice to be the fleecee for once.

I mean...If Carolina hits on the QB they select, everybody wins. Of course, if they Trubisky it....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...If Carolina hits on the QB they select, everybody wins. Of course, if they Trubisky it....
They traded CMC to SF. And Moore to the Bears.... they have no one else. That 2024 #1 could very well be a #1 overall.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded CMC to SF. And Moore to the Bears.... they have no one else. That 2024 #1 could very well be a #1 overall.
They still have a decent defense. But then again if their O is having trouble staying on the field and unable to sustain drives, that could wear down the defensive counterparts.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the other day that if Poles was seriously considering trading the pick in advance of the draft, a player would have to be included in the deal. And it turned out to be just that, DJ Moore, who BTW is signed thru '25 at a reasonable rate, at least as far as WR salaries go!!!!
Never stops them from sitting out and demanding a new deal.

I am glad it is over. I am glad Anderson will be off the board so we do not pick a 245 pound OLB to play in a 4-3.

I do not think Carter will drop this far even with his legal issues.

Paris Johnson or Skoronski or another Jones? Paris or Peter puts Braxon on the right side.

Now the question is, do you think there is a chance to resign Mooney or Claypool, do you move one of them and draft a receiver when Quentin Johnson will be there?

Probably better position if we are going after a DE that will fit this system, in Murphy or Wilson

Or will Poles shock the world and be there for Anthony Richardson.

I think its still a decent haul for the pick, even if Carolina gets more to flip it to Indy closer to the draft.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh...They're gonna suck for sure next year...but that doesn't mean the QB can't be the long-term answer for them. Pretty sure Carolina has a decent core in the trenches...They'll find skill position players if the QB is legit and rebound...just not next year. We will need that safety valve high draft pick from them if Fields busts out.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never stops them from sitting out and demanding a new deal.

I am glad it is over. I am glad Anderson will be off the board so we do not pick a 245 pound OLB to play in a 4-3.

I do not think Carter will drop this far even with his legal issues.

Paris Johnson or Skoronski or another Jones? Paris or Peter puts Braxon on the right side.

Now the question is, do you think there is a chance to resign Mooney or Claypool, do you move one of them and draft a receiver when Quentin Johnson will be there?

Probably better position if we are going after a DE that will fit this system, in Murphy or Wilson

Or will Poles shock the world and be there for Anthony Richardson.

I think its still a decent haul for the pick, even if Carolina gets more to flip it to Indy closer to the draft.
I say take Paris Johnson Jr. with the #9

Also lets worry about WR next season. I feel this WR class is not as strong as prev years and Marvin Harrison Jr. will be coming out next season.
Contract year for Claypool and Mooney, so lets see who steps up and earn a 2nd contract

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also lets worry about WR next season. I feel this WR class is not as strong as prev years and Marvin Harrison Jr. will be coming out next season.
Contract year for Claypool and Mooney, so lets see who steps up and earn a 2nd contract
There will be arguments for both to earn the next contract, but its is more of needing to be a 1000 yard receiver to get in that 20 million salary. Cannot pay them that much without making sure we have a passing game this year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the

The idea of drafting PJ.....but Im assuming we did not address that in freeagency then.......it would be a must.

Altho Id like to JSN,its most likley not gonba occur with just adding Moore,and there is no one in available in freeagency.........

But Im stuck on Robinson or Gibbs.....Montgomery is a goner,and would love to see one of those two suit up for us.......
I think either one would put our offense over the top......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the

The idea of drafting PJ.....but Im assuming we did not address that in freeagency then.......it would be a must.

Altho Id like to JSN,its most likley not gonba occur with just adding Moore,and there is no one in available in freeagency.........

But Im stuck on Robinson or Gibbs.....Montgomery is a goner,and would love to see one of those two suit up for us.......
I think either one would put our offense over the top......
Like you said, we have to wait to see what happens in free agency, but we definitely can't rule out taking one of these incredible RBs with our first pick, especially if Monty doesn't re-up.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incredible RBs
Maybe i am jaded but i dont think "incredible" RB exist anymore. Plus the rumor is the Bears may hand the rock to Khalil Herbert as the heir to Monty.

Looking at the FA RB there arent too many names that you'd want to spend money on - not long term anyway. Most are old and have mileage.

One FA RB is D'Ernest Johnson from CLE. He is young and did fantastic when Hunt and Chubb missed time. Would love to see Poles go after him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i am jaded but i dont think "incredible" RB exist anymore. Plus the rumor is the Bears may hand the rock to Khalil Herbert as the heir to Monty.

Looking at the FA RB there arent too many names that you'd want to spend money on - not long term anyway. Most are old and have mileage.

One FA RB is D'Ernest Johnson from CLE. He is young and did fantastic when Hunt and Chubb missed time. Would love to see Poles go after him.

CMC is incredible.....Saquon and Josh Jacobs is a step below.......
Thats pretty much the closest to being incredible........
Im all for pushing this offense over the top,and if Robinson or Gibbs can do that,Im all for it......and I think they can.....
With a top olineman in freeagency,Moore and Robinson or Gibbs,I think thatll be a bonafide offense......get some young fresh legs behind Fields.....
Im still not hip on Claypool tho,he played with better wrs and qb,but still never made that trabsition as that wr he was drafted for......And I dont think he will be it here either......
So Im still in also for JSN too......

Def can come thru freeagency and latter picks.......and top def players next season if our off turns the corner.......
It all boils down to see what JF can do....GET HIM THAT OFFENSE TO CLICK WITH!!!!

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rushers or linebackers on this team

3 legit WRs

Hey let’s draft a receiver!!!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a team with limited weapons offensively and the QB really didn’t have anyone to throw to.
Fields obviously had Kmet to throw to. Kmet was 3rd among all TEs in TDs and that's with a season where Kmet did virtually nothing the first 3 (or 4) games of the season. But i'm sure that was Kmet's fault too.

If you want to go by just the stats cool. But there’s no way Kmet is actually the 7th best right end in football and I’m pretty sure you know that.
Never said he was. All i'm saying is if Kmet had a horrible season statistically you would use that against him. But he had a very good season and now you want to take that away because "Fields had no one to throw to". All the blame goes to Kmet and none to Fields. And by that same rationale, you must think Mooney sucks right? All that attention and still had a horrible season statistically.

Give credit where it's due. Kmet is hardly league average. He is above and rising. Only a fool sees Kmet and think "we need another backup pass catching TE to put us over the top". That is the dumbest comment ever.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rushers or linebackers on this team

3 legit WRs

Hey let’s draft a receiver!!!!

Bear fans LOVE WRs. I've been here a long time, they want to draft one EVERY YEAR. Doesn't matter the circumstances, they just want one for their Madden roster.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CMC is incredible.....Saquon and Josh Jacobs is a step below.......
I would put Saquon in the same league as CMC. Jacobs has always been great but they just never used him fully.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was using 'incredible' relative to the group of RBs entering the draft. I think Robinson and Gibbs are in their own class. Now how they fare once they hit the NFL could very well be a whole nuther story.

I've said before that if the Bears let Monty walk and there is no FA signing, then look no later than the 3rd round for us taking a RB. Of course both Robinson & Gibbs will be long gone if we were to choose the 3rd round to take one.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields obviously had Kmet to throw to. Kmet was 3rd among all TEs in TDs and that's with a season where Kmet did virtually nothing the first 3 (or 4) games of the season. But i'm sure that was Kmet's fault too.

Kmet was option 2. After Mooney went down he came option 1. Next season he’s option 3 at best and probably more often option 4 or 5.

Never said he was. All i'm saying is if Kmet had a horrible season statistically you would use that against him. But he had a very good season and now you want to take that away because "Fields had no one to throw to". All the blame goes to Kmet and none to Fields. And by that same rationale, you must think Mooney sucks right? All that attention and still had a horrible season statistically.

Give credit where it's due. Kmet is hardly league average. He is above and rising. Only a fool sees Kmet and think "we need another backup pass catching TE to put us over the top". That is the dumbest comment ever.

Not taking anything away. I’m being realistic.

Kmet is Kyle Rudolph. That’s pretty much his ceiling.

Nothing dumb about having a 2nd pass catching tight end.