• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears trade no.1

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the new order of our picks, We know Poles loves to collect draft picks like they're baseball cards or something, which means we could be in for more trade backs so that he can add even more to his pile. But I seem to recall he did make at least one trade UP last year. So I gets to wondering........think there's any chance Poles packages some of these picks to move up in the draft? I'm specifically thinking #s 61 & 64, and #s 133 & 136. Both doubles are ripe for offering them to a team needing additional picks, and in the process allowing for Poles to move up and get a particular player he might be targeting. Just food for thought.

Thats a very good possibility........love the thought.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being Montgomery probably wont be a Bear anymore,and he fixes the oline with Brown and or McGlinchey,I can see us taking Bijan Robinson.......or in the least,somehow try to make Jahmyr Gibbs our rb.......even tho Im still on with drafting JSN.
We have to take care of JF before anytiing else.......

Seriously........

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being Montgomery probably wont be a Bear anymore,and he fixes the oline with Brown and or McGlinchey,I can see us taking Bijan Robinson.......or in the least,somehow try to make Jahmyr Gibbs our rb.......even tho Im still on with drafting JSN.

Seriously........
Some are thinking the Bears will go RB Bijan Robinson at #9. Which for me will be a major disappointment.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Poles adds to the OL in free agency he is setting himself up to have a very defense heavy draft.

And if Fields is a disappointment next year he has the draft capital at his disposal is rectify the QB position.

It’s a really good situation he’s sitting in.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously........

We now have 3 legit NFL receivers, a mid tier TE, and a backfield that isn’t awful even without Monty.

If you wanna take care of Fields you upgrade the OL and stack the defense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the fact that I very clearly said use a later pick on a TE? Sure. Let’s just go with that.
I'm sorry. I got that wrong. We'll use a later pick for that very important backup pass catching TE. And because you think Kmet isn't very good. Did i get that right?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he slips.....take Jalen Carter at 9.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry. I got that wrong. We'll use a later pick for that very important backup pass catching TE. And because you think Kmet isn't very good. Did i get that right?

Kmet is average. On his best day maybe he’s slightly above. He’s a good blocker and a very average receiving TE.

So yeah….if you’re able to add a 2nd TE that can catch the ball and run routes you definitely do it. Either a bargain free agent or a mid to later round pick.

Hard to see why that’s such a big deal.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is average. On his best day maybe he’s slightly above. He’s a good blocker and a very average receiving TE.

So yeah….if you’re able to add a 2nd TE that can catch the ball and run routes you definitely do it. Either a bargain free agent or a mid to later round pick.

Want Kmet the 7th best TE in the league statistically? 3rd most TD by TEs. Maybe I’m wrong.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Moore, Mooney, and Claypool.....you do not need a Travis Kelce at TE.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a top 7-8 TE in the NFL.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how it goes with Kmet. I was really sour on him early on but he played respectably last season. I won't be stressing if we use one of our 10 draft picks on a tight end if it's round 5 or later. Earlier than that seems unwarranted considering all of our other needs.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want Kmet the 7th best TE in the league statistically? 3rd most TD by TEs. Maybe I’m wrong.

On a team with limited weapons offensively and the QB really didn’t have anyone to throw to.

If you want to go by just the stats cool. But there’s no way Kmet is actually the 7th best right end in football and I’m pretty sure you know that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Moore, Mooney, and Claypool.....you do not need a Travis Kelce at TE.

No one needs a Kelce. I’m not asking for a Kelce. There’s only 1 of those.

I’m asking for a late round pick or bargain FA to be acquired as a 2nd option.

See how those two ideas are totally different?