• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears trade no.1

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you like Johnson and Gordon as starters? I would be fine with a safety to pair with Brisker, but I think we are pretty good at CB.
Love those two but JJ is a free agent after this season. I have CB as the 3rd need. No question the majority of our attention needs to go into the lines on both sides.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was using 'incredible' relative to the group of RBs entering the draft. I think Robinson and Gibbs are in their own class. Now how they fare once they hit the NFL could very well be a whole nuther story.

I've said before that if the Bears let Monty walk and there is no FA signing, then look no later than the 3rd round for us taking a RB. Of course both Robinson & Gibbs will be long gone if we were to choose the 3rd round to take one.
:thumb:
The team who I thought would take RB early was Dallas. McCarthy has gone on record that he wants to run the ball. They franchised Pollard but he has never carried a full workload. Could Jerra & the 'Boys get antsy enough to move up to #9?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:
The team who I thought would take RB early was Dallas. McCarthy has gone on record that he wants to run the ball. They franchised Pollard but he has never carried a full workload. Could Jerra & the 'Boys get antsy enough to move up to #9?
That's an intriguing option. All our talk, all everyone's talk about the Bears trading back has always been with respect to teams wanting a QB. Now sitting at #9, are there other positions besides QB that might interest teams in need enough to seek the Bears #9 slot? Interesting food for thought.

But back to teams still seeking a QB, let's float another scenario. The going opinion of late has been as many as five QBs being taken in the 1st round, with four of them possibly in the top 10. What if one of those four, likely Richardson or Levis, is still on the board when the Bears are on the clock. You'd have to think there's a team or two out there who'd at least be interested. Two teams right off the bat come to mind in the Titans at #11 and Commanders at #16. Who knows, maybe even the Bucs at #19 or the Seahawks with their second 1st rounder at #20. Would they be interested in trading with the Bears and what would it take to get Poles to move that farther back? More food for thought.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also factoring in that Jerry is crazy enough to do whatever he wants. Most GM/teams show some restraint. Not Jerry.
I'll say this much, if the Bears are willing to trade with the 'Boys all the way back to the #27 slot, two things would have to be in play here: 1. Dallas gives up their '24 or '25 1st rounder, and 2. Poles has gone on a FA shopping spree, filling in the holes of our most biggest needs. I have a tough time seeing either of those scenarios, especially the latter. But then again crazier things have happened in previous offseasons.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans LOVE WRs. I've been here a long time, they want to draft one EVERY YEAR. Doesn't matter the circumstances, they just want one for their Madden roster.

Thats because its like our qb situation over the years.....

WE HAVE NEVER HAD ONE THATS SATIFSFIED OUR NEED.....Weve good ones,but never franchise ones we can count on year after year after year........

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the

The idea of drafting PJ.....but Im assuming we did not address that in freeagency then.......it would be a must.

Altho Id like to JSN,its most likley not gonba occur with just adding Moore,and there is no one in available in freeagency.........

But Im stuck on Robinson or Gibbs.....Montgomery is a goner,and would love to see one of those two suit up for us.......
I think either one would put our offense over the top......
Gibbs and Robinson are great but spending a top 10 pick on a RB is a reach IMO.
This year's RB class is pretty deep and should be plenty of viable options in the 3rd or 4th

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rushers or linebackers on this team

3 legit WRs

Hey let’s draft a receiver!!!!

Do I think we will draft wr in round 1.....no.....do I wish we would,Im on the fence......what do I hope for,one of the ots/Robinson/JSN in that order.
And ot only if we dont get one of the tp players in fa......

And 3 legit wrs??????

Hell,I wouldve loved to have one......Brandon Marshall,Willie Gault????
They are the best we have had.....ever......but Mooney and Claypool are legit......theyre not even in the same class.....ok,what evs.

As for defense.........
Im sure Poles will spend that cap money THAT HE HAS TO SPEND on some big names and will...........DreMont and Hargraves come to mind........so dont get your pantiies in a bunch......

Fields needs to come first and foremost.......and Moore is just the start.....

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an intriguing option. All our talk, all everyone's talk about the Bears trading back has always been with respect to teams wanting a QB. Now sitting at #9, are there other positions besides QB that might interest teams in need enough to seek the Bears #9 slot? Interesting food for thought.

But back to teams still seeking a QB, let's float another scenario. The going opinion of late has been as many as five QBs being taken in the 1st round, with four of them possibly in the top 10. What if one of those four, likely Richardson or Levis, is still on the board when the Bears are on the clock. You'd have to think there's a team or two out there who'd at least be interested. Two teams right off the bat come to mind in the Titans at #11 and Commanders at #16. Who knows, maybe even the Bucs at #19 or the Seahawks with their second 1st rounder at #20. Would they be interested in trading with the Bears and what would it take to get Poles to move that farther back? More food for thought.

We went from 20 down to 11 tp pick Fields,its very possible someone may want one of those qbs left at 9 if still there........I even thought that myself.....

And I doubt Dallas moves to 9 for a rb.........too costly to move that far up.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Saquon in the same league as CMC. Jacobs has always been great but they just never used him fully.

They are great rbs.......just always thought CMC was tops in the league,with those two a step behind.......and I was not taking anything away from them.....just always thought that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs and Robinson are great but spending a top 10 pick on a RB is a reach IMO.
This year's RB class is pretty deep and should be plenty of viable options in the 3rd or 4th
From a purely positional standpoint, I could not agree with you more. In fact, I've stated in previous threads that the RB class this draft was relatively deep in talent. Still, you never know how Poles and his staff have players ranked on the BPA board, regardless of position. I'm 100% confident when we were in the guaranteed top 5 slot area, no way would Poles even consider a RB. But at #9? I still think no, but I also can't rule it completely out.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because its like our qb situation over the years.....

WE HAVE NEVER HAD ONE THATS SATIFSFIED OUR NEED.....Weve good ones,but never franchise ones we can count on year after year after year........
Untrue, we've had good WRs before. And the idiots still wanted one. The satisfaction level is off the charts by Bear fans.

So......why want one now still? DJ, Mooney and Claypool not good enough?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think we will draft wr in round 1.....no.....do I wish we would,Im on the fence......what do I hope for,one of the ots/Robinson/JSN in that order.

And 3 legit wrs??????
3 legit WRs and no protection. YEAH that'll work.

People that want WRs EVERY YEAR doesn't understand football. They believe having great WRs means they'll be open all the time so no need for protection (aka outside in theory). When in reality, without protection, everything else breaks done.

It's very similar to loading up on CBs and having no DLine. "The CBs will cover everybody all day you don't need pressure!"

I said this before, i blame video games.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans LOVE WRs. I've been here a long time, they want to draft one EVERY YEAR. Doesn't matter the circumstances, they just want one for their Madden roster.

As Poles wanted a wr this year too......

Some Bears fans dont ever think we need one.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool or Mooney is expendable......JSN would be a huge huge upgrade......

Id love to see Poles move this offense into a juggernaut.......
How do you know JSN will be a huge upgrade? Mooney is now no good? Oh i see. Makes sense.

Why stop at 1 WR? Lets use the entire draft to get WRs. Can you imagine how awesome our offense would be if we had like 10 WRs. How will the defense cover all our awesome WRs? They'll be open all day and Fields could just chuck the ball anywhere on the field and make completion. We'd likely break every passing record in the books! Lets do it!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have at WR:

DJ Moore
Darnell Mooney
Chase Claypool
Velus Jones
Equanimeous St. Brown

We need to fill spot 6 with somebody...I doubt they re-sign Pringle or Pettis...Maybe the latter since he's rolled with us, would be in the final spot and would be cheap.

Either way, I'm certain that our coaching staff is going to give Velus Jones every chance to succeed this upcoming season...and ESB is a service-able 4-6 spot receiver...so there is no way I can see us spending a high draft pick on WR to fill that last spot.

If Fields breaks out in 2023, we will draft a WR next season...possibly with one of our two first rounders-since we most likely will lose either of Claypool or Mooney (maybe both?) as they are unrestricted free agents in 2024. (Marvin Harrison Jones Jr perhaps?) Either way, we're either filling that last 2023 WR spot with a very late draft pick or a cheap FA pickup/re-sign.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Velus Jones as an occasional slot guy plus lining him up in the backfield and so on. Find some mismatches. Kid made some big mistakes this past season but he has some physical talent you can utilize. Certainly not an every down player but if he’s the 4th or 5th guy on the depth chart that’s fine with me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Velus Jones as an occasional slot guy plus lining him up in the backfield and so on. Find some mismatches. Kid made some big mistakes this past season but he has some physical talent you can utilize. Certainly not an every down player but if he’s the 4th or 5th guy on the depth chart that’s fine with me.
Maybe up till around weeks 13, 14 I might have said to anyone who thought we should bring Velus back next year, that he was nuts. Jones was just about a total shit show for much of last season. But during those final games he kinda came alive and seemed to have found a new life. I'm 100% for giving him every chance to make the team this year and contribute.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have at WR:

DJ Moore
Darnell Mooney
Chase Claypool
Velus Jones
Equanimeous St. Brown

We need to fill spot 6 with somebody...I doubt they re-sign Pringle or Pettis...Maybe the latter since he's rolled with us, would be in the final spot and would be cheap.
I heard that KC's Mecole Hardman openly stated on social media that he'd love to play for Fields. No doubt the dude can blaze, but not sure how good of a fit he'd be, plus one has to wonder if he'd be Byron Pringle 2.0, another ex-Chief who can't cut it. His playing time was reduced this past season for who knows why, but in previous years he seemed like a decent role player who produced. And since we'd be looking for someone along those lines, he might fit the bill. Oh and BTW, happy 25th B-Day Mecole!!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And 3 legit wrs??????

Hell,I wouldve loved to have one......Brandon Marshall,Willie Gault????
They are the best we have had.....ever......but Mooney and Claypool are legit......theyre not even in the same class.....ok,what evs.

As for defense.........
Im sure Poles will spend that cap money THAT HE HAS TO SPEND on some big names and will...........DreMont and Hargraves come to mind........so dont get your pantiies in a bunch......

Fields needs to come first and foremost.......and Moore is just the start.....
but what are you doing behind fields? signing another 10 million dollar sounding board? Fields is half way thru the decision timeline of the fifth year option and has not shown enough to be the next 50 million dollar quarterback. You want to baby him and give him no competition or do you want someone good enough to replace him because you know he is going to miss games. Another 2500 yard season and Mooney and Claypool deciding they can get at least 800 somewhere else means you are basically starting from scratch. Are you going to tag one of them and dish out 20? At that time you are going to think maybe we should have taking Richardson, put a package in like New Orleans did for Hill because everyone knows Richardson needs two years in development. Then your offense does not have to completely change to a statue in the QB position.

Baby him or force him to compete? Man I hate these donning a QB a franchise guy out of the draft. Seems there is no way around it. But part of why I think Poles went with this deal was because he did not want to go from 1 to 4 and then 4 to 9, so I dont see him dropping more. The only no brainer is if the bears were offered Payne and 16 for 9, but he is locked up for 22.5 a season and I do not think he can be moved now. You still have a chance next year with Carolinas pick, but you gotta think the bears pick will be in the teens.