• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears/Seahawks

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but some guys are swearing by the "it's only preseason" mantra.

Not buying it.

Well, yea it is nice to see how guys react to a more meaningful practice, but since they don't game plan, and they use it as an evaluation tool for a lot of the players, its meaning is deflated. As others have posted, the NFL is littered with 0-4 Preseason teams that ended up winning the superbowl, oh and in 2008 the Lions went 4-0, heh.

Neither the O or the D are tipping their hand on what is in store for the regular season, you're seeing plain Jane offenses and defenses. But you guys know all this.

Just take what you see with a grain of salt. For those that take it too serious I offer this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda with antone112 on this one. I'm not looking for us to win the game. I really don't care if the Seahawks beat us 70-0.....but what does concern me is the individual play by our linebackers, how slow they react, how they are out of position and getting beaten on both pass and run plays. Our defensive backs allowing easy completions to be caught right in front of them by no-name receivers (as was the case during the Jacksonville game).

I know we didn't game plan. I know our defense is vanilla. But isn't that the case with Seattle and Jacksonville as well? Am I to believe that Seattle did game plan against us?

Listen, I get that it's preseason and I am far from running into the streets screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling," but I personally don't think these performances bode well for our defense, nor do I think that there will be some magical transformation that will take place in the first week for us.

First week we play Buffalo. I get the feeling that CJ Spiller is going to have his way with our defense in the same way Denard Robinson did a couple weeks back.

Point taken. I wasn't trying minimize the performance completely, the defense is certainly a cause for concern. But I'm just saying let's see how it pans out in the regular season before we start really worrying. With Mel Tucker leading the defense, there's a high probability that they will be ranked towards the bottom of the NFL.....so that won't surprise me.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching your starting d get absolutely destroyed does mean something imo

nah........

i`m not saying the Bears d will an 85 d all over by any means,but hell with this preseason warm-ups.

i will worry once the regular season gets going and we stop no one.

And if your gonna worry about the defense,why not the offense then?

They mean nadda.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe so many take this as a seasons preview. LMAO. Our def is gonna be pretty good. Our offense even better. Enjoy.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yea it is nice to see how guys react to a more meaningful practice, but since they don't game plan, and they use it as an evaluation tool for a lot of the players, its meaning is deflated. As others have posted, the NFL is littered with 0-4 Preseason teams that ended up winning the superbowl, oh and in 2008 the Lions went 4-0, heh.

Neither the O or the D are tipping their hand on what is in store for the regular season, you're seeing plain Jane offenses and defenses. But you guys know all this.

Just take what you see with a grain of salt. For those that take it too serious I offer this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

I hope you and the others are right. But I would like to point out that Seattle and NE have looked pretty damn good this preseason... And we all know they are going to be fucking awesome this season.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you and the others are right. But I would like to point out that Seattle and NE have looked pretty damn good this preseason... And we all know they are going to be fucking awesome this season.

Do we? I don't.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the SEA game against Den. SEA look like a 0 win team. Probably why they took our practice seriously.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this post is just oozing with stupidity. :L:L

I'm too busy at work to address every nuance of your thoughtful, well argued masterwork of a response, so I guess all of the research and reflection you put into it really paid off. Good on ya.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be living under a rock.

And you must've downed that Slurpee too quickly. They both look like good teams, but they've both got flaws, and "fucking awesome" reads like the transcript of a preseason sugar high.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the SEA game against Den. SEA look like a 0 win team. Probably why they took our practice seriously.

You can argue that direction, or you can say that Denver wanted to show that it didnt matter if it was a preseason game, they were going after the super bowl champs to show they can compete with the best.

That is the determination we didnt see the bears have, not on the first exhibition game, but the third preseason game that is the most your starters are going to be playing in the entire exhibition season.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken. I wasn't trying minimize the performance completely, the defense is certainly a cause for concern. But I'm just saying let's see how it pans out in the regular season before we start really worrying. With Mel Tucker leading the defense, there's a high probability that they will be ranked towards the bottom of the NFL.....so that won't surprise me.

To be honest I don't know why I referenced your quote when I made my post. Your initial argument is pretty reasonable.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you must've downed that Slurpee too quickly. They both look like good teams, but they've both got flaws, and "fucking awesome" reads like the transcript of a preseason sugar high.

Hang in there, Bearmagic!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue that direction, or you can say that Denver wanted to show that it didnt matter if it was a preseason game, they were going after the super bowl champs to show they can compete with the best.

That is the determination we didnt see the bears have, not on the first exhibition game, but the third preseason game that is the most your starters are going to be playing in the entire exhibition season.
We really started out very good on offense, but had some uncharacteristic drops, one for a TD. Then it snow balled from there. But Den proved nothing and neither did this practise game. In fact it may be a good thing and a wake up call.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. None of it.
I'm waiting for real games to panic. I have yet to see a game plan or a blitz on a passing down. On either side of the ball we have seen nothing, but pee wee football plays. I also believe with all the new players and schemes and lingo and quality rooks that time will be needed. By game 6 to 8 we'll know everything. This is Tuckers real rookie year here. Did you expect us to be at full speed already?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I guess. But it was a 32oz of reality, not the Kool Aid that Homers slurp down every preseason and when week 13 comes around are pissing and moaning about how poorly the Bears have played.

Have fun this season yuckity yuck.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for real games to panic. I have yet to see a game plan or a blitz on a passing down. On either side of the ball we have seen nothing, but pee wee football plays. I also believe with all the new players and schemes and lingo and quality rooks that time will be needed. By game 6 to 8 we'll know everything. This is Tuckers real rookie year here. Did you expect us to be at full speed already?

I'm not panicking by any means... Just disappointed by the defense. The talent on that side of the ball does not seem to compare favorably to other teams, even if they are playing "vanilla". And no I don't expect them to be at full speed, but neither was Seattle and we all saw what happened. Well, some of us who were not wearing our homer goggles did.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess. But it was a 32oz of reality, not the Kool Aid that Homers slurp down every preseason and when week 13 comes around are pissing and moaning about how poorly the Bears have played.

Have fun this season yuckity yuck.

Look, just because I'm married with kids, losing my hair, and up to 250 pounds doesn't mean you need to call me Homer.

Ahem.

No earthly idea why or how you've decided I'm a Kool Aid drinker. I didn't think I'd been posting here long enough to be pigeonholed.