• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears (3-3) at Buccaneers (5-1)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, if you will, stop being hostile. From now on, I am over that type of stuff on this forum. I was not hostile towards you in my post. I stated my opinion

At one point you tried to state your opinion as fact. Don't do that...and we won't have an issue.

Justin Fields is not given less than the average amount of time to throw on EVERY play.

Well, duh. Sorry...is that hostile? His average time to throw, however, is far less than the average time to throw for the rest of the league. That is an actual fact.
Many plays, the tape backs up my opinion. Fields has a baseball type of windup with a long, long stride.
His windup is way too slow. His decision making is way too slow. I totally agree. Some of the sacks he has taken have totally been on him. But more often than not the sacks are on the line. That's what I've seen on watching the games, rewatching the games, and finally watching the All-22.
If targets are not open, he needs to check down or throw the ball away more often than he is currently doing. Instead of holding the ball or trying to extend a no win situation and turning it into a disaster.
Definitely. That was something mentioned in preseason. He has to rewire the way he thinks once the ball is snapped.

But that's an indictment of the receivers...not of Fields. Because they are supposed to be open. That's kind of their job.
I never accused you of being a part of a narrative. I never accused you of being on a wagon. In fact, I SPECIFICALLY worded it in a way where I had hoped you would realize that I was NOT talking about this being YOUR opinion. Your argumentative nature, though, cannot seem to help you from making this an issue with me.
It's easy to take issues with you rich. Stop demonstrating your opinions as fact and presenting them like they're better than everyone else. Stop being an arrogant prick whenever your opinions are challenged. Just talk football. You obviously know a lot about football.
I am also looking at him him when he does have time or room to throw. Where he has often not been good, at all, either.
I would very much argue that he has been really good at times when he's had the time. He's made some throws down the field that are just stellar. And, call it an excuse, he's had touchdowns and other passes dropped in every game he's played. Kmet's dropped 3rd down throw this past sunday. ARob has dropped a touchdown. Kmet has misplayed at least 3 other great throws down the field.

Fields ball placement is top notch. He typically puts it right where it needs to be. He has touch. He has timing.

There is a ton the kid needs to work on. But he's shown some flashes that it's all there.
I believe we should play Dalton because... A) He gives us our best chance currently. The offense wasn't "good" for his 5-6 quarters. However, at least it wasn't a total embarrassment.
The Rams 6 yards per attempt wasn't embarrassing?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means absolutely nothing but these are the numbers through the first five starts for a still very young but also a very prominent QB in the NFL right now. The bolded part is what this same guy is posting in 2021.

Completions 55.65% 64.8%
Yards 758 1723
TDs 2 15
INTs 5 3
Fumbles 4 2
Rating 62.5 103.6

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line was rough last week due to a later covid scratch from Wilkinson. Simmons replaced him and was terrible, and he was shortly thereafter benched and replaced by Bars.

So this last week, the line probably played more of a factor, but there is no denying that a bunch of these sacks are on Fields. You don't take 9 sacks in a fucking game otherwise, and I don't care what line you put out there or how shitty they are.