• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears (3-3) at Buccaneers (5-1)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy sucks. Fields cannot read a defense to save his life. He is LATE, LATE, LATE, on every progression, and he has zero presence in the pocket.

This gameplan had Nagy's stench all over it tho. Prolly took the playcalling back from Lazor again, cuz he was too successful or some egotistic shit.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed this morning that Nagy was not canned. But then again I don't think the Bears fire mid-season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed this morning that Nagy was not canned. But then again I don't think the Bears fire mid-season.
He's out on covid at the present, so who knows.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly made a thread last week about Dalton being the better option right now. I'm not giving up on Fields but he has a loooonnnnngggggg way to go. His field processing is non-existent, he holds the ball for an eternity, is indecisive, poor feel in the pocket, and that baseball pitcher wind up has to be TOTALLY overhauled.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly made a thread last week about Dalton being the better option right now. I'm not giving up on Fields but he has a loooonnnnngggggg way to go. His field processing is non-existent, he holds the ball for an eternity, is indecisive, poor feel in the pocket, and that baseball pitcher wind up has to be TOTALLY overhauled.
Agree with all of this.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is flawed. But it’s better than the sh*t shoved on us in this and the Cleveland game. Nagy cannot survive those efforts. Yeah firing won’t happen this week. But at this point end of season should be a surety. I don’t give a sh*t what his record is.

These past couple years have been absolutely miserable. If we get a few more games like these two games this season, Pace better be ready to pack his bags too. I refuse to believe we’re as bad as these two games. There has to be accountability at some point if we drop any more unfathomable stinkers like them.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton should have gone in the second half, but now I am worried about the mentality of fields if he gets benched. Even when he hyperextended the knee, he was arguing to get back out right away. So not really sure if he is open to watching and learning.

Still looking for a covid answer as to why Damien Williams was allowed on the sidelines last game since his "protocol" started the friday or saturday before the game. They say 2 negative tests 24 hours apart for vaccinated players, minimum 10 days for non vaccinated. There is always a patient zero, right?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He does hold the ball too long because he wants the big play. I talked about this in preseason. But....when has he had an eternity to throw? Per Next Gen stats Fields has a 20.9% probability to be pressured 3 seconds post-snap. It's the highest percentage in the league. League average is 12.9%.

He's the only QB in football to be sacked on over 10% of his dropbacks.

That's a protection issue. Fields was pressured Sunday multiple times before even finishing his dropback. You can't grade or judge a QB in that situation.

This season is some of the absolute worst pass protection I've seen. This is worse than 2010 with Omiyale and Webb at tackle.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not an excuse for Fields. He has to be better. He has to learn from mistakes and realize what's in front of him.

But when you go max protection and still can't identify and pick up a blitzing safety....what is a QB supposed to do?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does hold the ball too long because he wants the big play. I talked about this in preseason. But....when has he had an eternity to throw? Per Next Gen stats Fields has a 20.9% probability to be pressured 3 seconds post-snap. It's the highest percentage in the league. League average is 12.9%.

He's the only QB in football to be sacked on over 10% of his dropbacks.

That's a protection issue. Fields was pressured Sunday multiple times before even finishing his dropback. You can't grade or judge a QB in that situation.

This season is some of the absolute worst pass protection I've seen. This is worse than 2010 with Omiyale and Webb at tackle.
I am not excusing the line play. However, a good solid chunk of these sacks are on Justin Fields and that is a flat fact. So, give me the NextGen stats all you want. Fine. However, I have no interest in the raw sack totals or percentages.

You can see him go to make a throw and tuck it back with hesitation before he has to realign his feet/shoulders downfield taking time to get to his next progression. He tries to extend plays that shouldn't be extended and should be checked down. A huge portion of his sacks I find myself yelling "GET RID OF THE BALL!". Those aren't on the pass protection.

And again... that windup might even be longer than Byron Leftwich. Many baseball pitchers from the stretch get the ball out quicker. I would bet on it. What's funny is, I just went back and looked at his OSU highlights. He didn't have that. It was noticeably shorter.

Editing to say that I am not "giving up" on Fields, nor am I "hating" on him. I just don't care for the narrative some fans are jumping on right now where it's everyone besides him, "we're ruining him!", etc. He deserves his share of the blame and plays a big part in his own demise/ass kicking out there. A huge portion of the fanbase wants to spin it that way because they jumped on the wagon very hard and very early. I am guilty of that as well, but I'm not going to sit here and go with that.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is flawed. But it’s better than the sh*t shoved on us in this and the Cleveland game. Nagy cannot survive those efforts. Yeah firing won’t happen this week. But at this point end of season should be a surety. I don’t give a sh*t what his record is.

These past couple years have been absolutely miserable. If we get a few more games like these two games this season, Pace better be ready to pack his bags too. I refuse to believe we’re as bad as these two games. There has to be accountability at some point if we drop any more unfathomable stinkers like them.
Shit... If he really did start Fields due to front office pressure, he sort of comes out of the last couple of weeks looking good. lol

I mean, most everyone wanted to go with that narrative. So, they sort of have to own up to the fact that he was correct.

And if it's true? He has every right to go to the front office and say "WTF!? I told you. I f'n told you."

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not excusing the line play. However, a good solid chunk of these sacks are on Justin Fields and that is a flat fact. So, give me the NextGen stats all you want. Fine. However, I have no interest in the raw sack totals or percentages.

It's not a fact...it's your opinion. The tape tells another story. He's responsible for some of his sacks but not all of them. Not even most of them. When you have less than the NFL average amount of time to throw....when you can't even complete your dropback without being harassed...that's a protection problem.

You can see him go to make a throw and tuck it back with hesitation before he has to realign his feet/shoulders downfield taking time to get to his next progression. He tries to extend plays that shouldn't be extended and should be checked down. A huge portion of his sacks I find myself yelling "GET RID OF THE BALL!". Those aren't on the pass protection.

Well you stumbled onto the 2nd biggest problem on this offense right now. Open targets. Bears receivers are currently dead last in separation in the NFL. You might not wanna look at metrics...but the metrics are there are they help tell the story. Even when you find time to throw...there's no one open to throw to.
Editing to say that I am not "giving up" on Fields, nor am I "hating" on him. I just don't care for the narrative some fans are jumping on right now where it's everyone besides him, "we're ruining him!", etc. He deserves his share of the blame and plays a big part in his own demise/ass kicking out there. A huge portion of the fanbase wants to spin it that way because they jumped on the wagon very hard and very early. I am guilty of that as well, but I'm not going to sit here and go with that.

What I am saying isn't part of a narrative. It's not about hate or ruining or anything else. That's fanboy meatball shit.

He doesn't have enough time to throw. The protection is complete shit. On top of all that....he's a rookie. To judge him right now in the face of all that is beyond silly. I couldn't care less about wagons....I will wait and see what the kid can do when he actually has time to do it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... If he really did start Fields due to front office pressure, he sort of comes out of the last couple of weeks looking good. lol

I mean, most everyone wanted to go with that narrative. So, they sort of have to own up to the fact that he was correct.

And if it's true? He has every right to go to the front office and say "WTF!? I told you. I f'n told you."

Braindead fucking stupid.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no forgiving Nagy or saying he was right about anything. Even if it's Dalton playing....this offense sucks donkey balls.

His offense continues to be in the bottom of the league statistically year in and year out.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem Fields actually has right now is reading coverage presnap. He's getting confused and looking at one half of the field and too slow to progress when that side isn't open. He doesn't have enough time to work through so if the play isn't there right away he needs to bail on the play and get the ball out or run. He's making that decision too slow.

If he can improve his presnap read....he can speed up his postsnap decision. He has to understand the protection won't be there and try to adjust any way he can.

But...and it's a big but...someone has to get open. Receiver play has been piss poor.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a fact...it's your opinion. The tape tells another story. He's responsible for some of his sacks but not all of them. Not even most of them. When you have less than the NFL average amount of time to throw....when you can't even complete your dropback without being harassed...that's a protection problem.

Well you stumbled onto the 2nd biggest problem on this offense right now. Open targets. Bears receivers are currently dead last in separation in the NFL. You might not wanna look at metrics...but the metrics are there are they help tell the story. Even when you find time to throw...there's no one open to throw to.

What I am saying isn't part of a narrative. It's not about hate or ruining or anything else. That's fanboy meatball shit.

He doesn't have enough time to throw. The protection is complete shit. On top of all that....he's a rookie. To judge him right now in the face of all that is beyond silly. I couldn't care less about wagons....I will wait and see what the kid can do when he actually has time to do it.
Please, if you will, stop being hostile. From now on, I am over that type of stuff on this forum. I was not hostile towards you in my post. I stated my opinion.

Justin Fields is not given less than the average amount of time to throw on EVERY play. Many plays, the tape backs up my opinion. Fields has a baseball type of windup with a long, long stride.

If targets are not open, he needs to check down or throw the ball away more often than he is currently doing. Instead of holding the ball or trying to extend a no win situation and turning it into a disaster.

I never accused you of being a part of a narrative. I never accused you of being on a wagon. In fact, I SPECIFICALLY worded it in a way where I had hoped you would realize that I was NOT talking about this being YOUR opinion. Your argumentative nature, though, cannot seem to help you from making this an issue with me.

I stated that I am not giving up on him, hating on him, etc. I SPECIFICALLY said that. I also SPECIFICALLY acknowledged the poor line play contributing.

I am also looking at him him when he does have time or room to throw. Where he has often not been good, at all, either.

I am judging him as is appropriate. I am looking at his performance, while also taking into account that he is a rookie, that he does have a poor line, etc. This isn't some final judgement on him. I LIKE HIM, I do. I am just shooting the shit about what's going on like everyone else. Relax.

I believe we should play Dalton because... A) He gives us our best chance currently. The offense wasn't "good" for his 5-6 quarters. However, at least it wasn't a total embarrassment. At least, we had a prayer of moving the ball through the air. It helped us stay in a game with 6-1 LAR until the 4th and helped us jump out to multiple score lead vs a 5-2 Cincinnati team. Two teams with defense's performing well (albeit, LAR with a slight drop off) B) I don't think this is good for him right now. He's getting obliterated out there and struggling terribly. He's going to get hurt, develop bad habits, etc.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braindead fucking stupid.
Just relax. It was mostly a tongue in cheek post. lol

Relax dude. My lord.

Like... my f'n lord. Haha

The only part that was serious. Was that, hey... Nagy had a point about it possibly having been best for Dalton to play this year.