• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor Jumps Ohio St in AP Poll

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then tOSU gets their ass handed to them by Bama?

You don't know, if you don't try. We either don't make it bc their were two teams better than tOSU, or a coulple lose and we get in.

But if you don't get in, you NEVER had a chance to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State still has a better win than Baylor right now.

If Baylor beats the Pokes, that's probably a better win. But if MSU wins their next two, they'll probably be ranked #8 or better and would be a better win than OK State.

Yes, I believe Wisconsin is better than any win Baylor has so far and it isn't that close. If they beat Okie St it will be a better win, but if tOSU were to beat Michigan St that would be up to par with Okie St if not better.

So if both teams went undefeated, tOSU top two wins>then Baylor's top two wins IMO

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor and Ohio St have almost identical schedules remaining(assuming a 1 loss MSU team in the B1G CG). Baylor will have the edge in the computers, but the gap won't be quite as big because Auburn is ahead of Ohio St too, but they will probably lose to Bama, thus elevating Ohio St to #4 in the computers. It's going to come down to the humans. They've already had no problem jumping teams ahead of Ohio St so it leads me to believe that Baylor will be better in the human polls.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor and Ohio St have almost identical schedules remaining(assuming a 1 loss MSU team in the B1G CG). Baylor will have the edge in the computers, but the gap won't be quite as big because Auburn is ahead of Ohio St too, but they will probably lose to Bama, thus elevating Ohio St to #4 in the computers. It's going to come down to the humans. They've already had no problem jumping teams ahead of Ohio St so it leads me to believe that Baylor will be better in the human polls.

If they are almost identical and it comes down to humans. How many humans would vote for a prestigious well-known for a winning program tOSU or Baylor??

I think that has a big part in the end.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are almost identical and it comes down to humans. How many humans would vote for a prestigious well-known for a winning program tOSU or Baylor??

I think that has a big part in the end.

I don't think that will factor into at all. I think the perception of the B1G will hold Ohio St down more than anything else. Whether that's right or wrong.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that will factor into at all. I think the perception of the B1G will hold Ohio St down more than anything else. Whether that's right or wrong.

We have more ranked teams than the Big 12, and by the end of the season, our top 3 will likely all be ranked higher than the Big 12's #2. How can you justify what you said as being anything but bullshit?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have more ranked teams than the Big 12, and by the end of the season, our top 3 will likely all be ranked higher than the Big 12's #2. How can you justify what you said as being anything but bullshit?

The fact that Baylor will pass Ohio St this weekend if they win is justification enough. That's why this whole prestige factor won't come in to play IMO. I am not even going to start arguing who's crap conference is better than who's. Both are pretty average.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot more teams than the Big XII. My guess is Baylors wins will be more impressive and humans will rank them higher.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Baylor will pass Ohio St this weekend if they win is justification enough. That's why this whole prestige factor won't come in to play IMO. I am not even going to start arguing who's crap conference is better than who's. Both are pretty average.

They likely will pass us this weekend if they beat us and I'm fine with that. We will pass them after playing 1 more game and beating Michigan State (knock on wood). In the end, I don't think it matters, as we will be in the Rose, them in the Fiesta, and FSU/Bama in the NCG. If one of those two were to lose, though, we would be the deserving team and would most likely be the choice in both the human polls and computers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is going along with everyone else that the B1G is down. They are actually up from last. Wisconsin had 4 losses and made the CCG, Mich St wasn't as good, Ohio St wasn't eligible which hurt the B1G even more. And Minnesota is much better. But teams like Michigan and NW are down.

I would say comparing the B1G and Big 12 there isn't that much of a difference, w/ more top teams in the B1G. Only thing is Big 12 might have more competition from top to bottom, but more top teams go to the B1G. So I don't think that helps Baylor much at all.

So then we go back to name brand, might not have a huge factor, but will have enough. Especially since tOSU's last game will most likely be against a top 10 team and Baylor will play a 2-loss team maybe a 2-loss team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They likely will pass us this weekend if they beat us and I'm fine with that. We will pass them after playing 1 more game and beating Michigan State (knock on wood). In the end, I don't think it matters, as we will be in the Rose, them in the Fiesta, and FSU/Bama in the NCG. If one of those two were to lose, though, we would be the deserving team and would most likely be the choice in both the human polls and computers.

How is Ohio St going to be ahead in the computers when Ohio St is already behind Baylor and the schedules are basically identical down the stretch? Also why would the polls put more weight into beating a 2 loss MSU(if Ohio St beats them) as opposed to a 2 loss Okie State? Also The one extra game isn't going to mean anything since it doesn't now. Ohio St has 1 more win and is still behind in the computers.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Ohio St going to be ahead in the computers when Ohio St is already behind Baylor and the schedules are basically identical down the stretch? Also why would the polls put more weight into beating a 2 loss MSU(if Ohio St beats them) as opposed to a 2 loss Okie State? Also The one extra game isn't going to mean anything since it doesn't now. Ohio St has 1 more win and is still behind in the computers.

If history has shown anything, it's that the CCGs can matter in events like this. Why wouldn't it matter? We'll have had to play an extra game while they wouldn't. Also, either Oklahoma or Okie State will end up with 3 losses if Baylor beats both of them. So that would leave Baylor with wins over a 2/3 loss Okie State and a 2/3 loss Oklahoma. Meanwhile, OSU will have wins over a 2 loss Wisconsin and a 2 loss Michigan State more than likely, making our resume of wins better.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If history has shown anything, it's that the CCGs can matter in events like this. Why wouldn't it matter? We'll have had to play an extra game while they wouldn't. Also, either Oklahoma or Okie State will end up with 3 losses if Baylor beats both of them. So that would leave Baylor with wins over a 2/3 loss Okie State and a 2/3 loss Oklahoma. Meanwhile, OSU will have wins over a 2 loss Wisconsin and a 2 loss Michigan State more than likely, making our resume of wins better.

And like I said the extra game won't matter, since it doesn't now. And yes while Okie St or OU will have three losses its not going to hurt Baylor in the computers at all. One teams loss is another team's gain. Baylor is going to finish ahead in the computers there is really no way around it. I'm not dissing Ohio St it just is what it is.

As for the humans I said if I had to guess, Baylor would be ahead there as well. But I'm certainty not making that a guarantee by any means.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said the extra game won't matter, since it doesn't now. And yes while Okie St or OU will have three losses its not going to hurt Baylor in the computers at all. One teams loss is another team's gain. Baylor is going to finish ahead in the computers there is really no way around it. I'm not dissing Ohio St it just is what it is.

As for the humans I said if I had to guess, Baylor would be ahead there as well. But I'm certainty not making that a guarantee by any means.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. SOS does play into things, and the gap between the two isn't huge right now. Having one additional game against a top 10 team could very well change things in the final standings.

As far as the humans go, I would personally be shocked if we won the CCG and didn't jump Baylor, assuming they jump us first.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. SOS does play into things, and the gap between the two isn't huge right now. Having one additional game against a top 10 team could very well change things in the final standings.

As far as the humans go, I would personally be shocked if we won the CCG and didn't jump Baylor, assuming they jump us first.

I know the gap isn't huge. But Ohio St is behind right now and the SOS going forward is the exact same. How are you going to jump them? It's not like Cal is going to do anything to help. Both played Buffalo. And SDSU isn't going to improve much if at all in the computers. It's mathematically impossible.