• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the ohio state SUCKeyes

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU might have best the WR group in the nation, if not top 3, so yeah Minny just screwed up lol. Minny easily had the more experienced group, half the team for tOSU was either a freshman or starting their first collegiate game.
Dude, no reason to take offense. Not saying the OSU WRs couldn't beat the Gopher defenders, just that your young QB was struggling in the 1st half with those same WRs. In the 2nd half the Gopher defenders screwed up on at least 2 of those big tosses, they were wide open. Stating this does not need to detract from how good the OSU wrs are, unless you are insecure or something?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people responsible for ensuring people tuned into the game said to ignore a bad season?

Shocking.
You apparently didn't watch the game. No problem. They put up a chart, of 4 teams that all did well in 2019, and compared them to their 2020 ssn and asked how much covid probably affected the results.

------2019----2020
PSU - 11-2 vs 4-5
Mich - 9-4 vs 2-4
Wisc - 9-4 vs 4-3
UMn - 11-2 vs 3-4

Total - 40-12 vs 13-16

but did covid only affect the B1G?

------2019---2020
ASU - 8-5 vs 2-2
Cali - 8-5 vs 1-3
Utes - 11-3 vs 3-2
Oreg - 12-2 vs 4-2

Total - 39-15 vs 10-9

Maybe those commentators were onto something?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparently didn't watch the game. No problem. They put up a chart, of 4 teams that all did well in 2019, and compared them to their 2020 ssn and asked how much covid probably affected the results.

------2019----2020
PSU - 11-2 vs 4-5
Mich - 9-4 vs 2-4
Wisc - 9-4 vs 4-3
UMn - 11-2 vs 3-4

Total - 40-12 vs 13-16

but did covid only affect the B1G?

------2019---2020
ASU - 8-5 vs 2-2
Cali - 8-5 vs 1-3
Utes - 11-3 vs 3-2
Oreg - 12-2 vs 4-2

Total - 39-15 vs 10-9

Maybe those commentators were onto something?

Minnesota's win % in 2021 is 0%. Maybe their struggles will continue.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, no reason to take offense. Not saying the OSU WRs couldn't beat the Gopher defenders, just that your young QB was struggling in the 1st half with those same WRs. In the 2nd half the Gopher defenders screwed up on at least 2 of those big tosses, they were wide open. Stating this does not need to detract from how good the OSU wrs are, unless you are insecure or something?
It sounds like you are the one taking offense the most in this thread, it’s ok maybe they can win next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OSU is young and will have a decent year. But no, there wasn't 11 starters out for the team ( I know you didn't say starters but you guys are acting like the 11 guys were the play makers on the team ). There was nothing disappointing about the game for OSU, they are young and inexperienced, the next few years will be very good for them. But realistically, they didn't show enough to be #4.
OU should drop out of the top 10 then lol. They have arguably the best QB in the nation and they beat Tulsa by 5 points. I guess Ohio St should drop from 4 bc they beat an experienced Minny team but Oklahoma should drop further bc they can’t beat an average at best Tulsa team. I mean from your logic, I guess.
It’s the first game, don’t overreact too much but I am sure you are realizing that now seeing Oklahoma one yard away from possibly losing to Tulsa

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people responsible for ensuring people tuned into the game said to ignore a bad season?

Shocking.
I mean, they said put more weight on the more traditional/normal season and not the one where teams were losing a ton of players each week and didn't play OOC games.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes since 2014 it's been a struggle. Raekwon was a beast and a high end prospect out of HS and obviously Shazier, Lee etc. The Borland, Werner group was not good

How Hilliard was not playing more last year was beyond me Dude did nothing but make big plays every chance he got last season

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU should drop out of the top 10 then lol. They have arguably the best QB in the nation and they beat Tulsa by 5 points. I guess Ohio St should drop from 4 bc they beat an experienced Minny team but Oklahoma should drop further bc they can’t beat an average at best Tulsa team. I mean from your logic, I guess.
It’s the first game, don’t overreact too much but I am sure you are realizing that now seeing Oklahoma one yard away from possibly losing to Tulsa
OU should drop out of the Top 25 after that display of garbage they put on the field. I'm not afraid of being a harsh critic of my own team, regardless that it was the very first game. And it was Tulane, not Tulsa.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU should drop out of the Top 25 after that display of garbage they put on the field. I'm not afraid of being a harsh critic of my own team, regardless that it was the very first game. And it was Tulane, not Tulsa.

Consider it a wake up call for the Sooners. The team faced adversity and pulled out a win. Now the coaches and players can evaluate the game, their strengths and weakness, and make adjustments. Let's see how OU adjusts and plays against WCU. I see no reason for OU to drop out of the rankings.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OSU is young and will have a decent year. But no, there wasn't 11 starters out for the team ( I know you didn't say starters but you guys are acting like the 11 guys were the play makers on the team ). There was nothing disappointing about the game for OSU, they are young and inexperienced, the next few years will be very good for them. But realistically, they didn't show enough to be #4.
Lol
Show enough?
Rusty first game.
covered the spread.
bad weather
Tough environment. Away.

honestly think the gophers are a good team.
who else would be #4?

and I don’t think #4s performance was the one that was most suspect in the top 5……,

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did we watch the same game? Noting to be disappointed about? Ibrahim ran through the Buckeye D. 30 for 163 and 2 TD's before the unfortunate injury. Ohio State couldn't stop him. I think the D could be an issue all season long.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we watch the same game? Noting to be disappointed about? Ibrahim ran through the Buckeye D. 30 for 163 and 2 TD's before the unfortunate injury. Ohio State couldn't stop him. I think the D could be an issue all season long.
A lot to be concerned about without a doubt but the defense has been a concern for years now. The only thing that gives me hope is that it’s a young team we haven’t seen close to their potential and two CB’s were out. Even the passing game worries me bc they got all their scores on big plays basically. A lot of question marks coming into the season though so it doesn’t surprise me, the offense has that big play dynamic which is a big key we haven’t seen in recent years but we will see.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR were open all game. Just struggled to get them the ball early.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the run D was not awful. Minnesota wanted to pound the ball and play the clock. Ibrahim did have a really nice game but was at about 3.5 yards/carry other than the 4th and 1 run.

Bigger concern for me is the pass D.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to be concerned about without a doubt but the defense has been a concern for years now. The only thing that gives me hope is that it’s a young team we haven’t seen close to their potential and two CB’s were out. Even the passing game worries me bc they got all their scores on big plays basically. A lot of question marks coming into the season though so it doesn’t surprise me, the offense has that big play dynamic which is a big key we haven’t seen in recent years but we will see.

Hopefully they get better with each game played. And I know it was Stoud's first career start. But those multiple overthrows were pretty bad. Maybe it was just nerves. And I'm not sure what to expect when Oregon visits The Shoe.