• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the ohio state SUCKeyes

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the second half of tonight's game it was obvious the big 10 officials know that the only hope for the conference is for tosu to go undefeated and will make any lame ass call to make sure that happens.

Tonight was a good game until the officiating made the difference.

Not saying the Gophers would have won, but the out come was definitely influenced by the guys in stripes.

46.jpg

You lost money on the game didn't you? And before you think I'm defending those missed calls read comment # 16.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there were several missed pass interference calls that could have benefitted OSU, but didn't end up hurting UMn because UMn made big plays on their next play for either first downs or TDs. But the last missed call, the targeting call, would have had the Gophers retaining possession with good field position. May have resulted in their scoring once more, but without some crazy miracle like a recovered onside kick or something.

There could come a day, not too far off, where the Western Division produces a winner capable of beating OSU and also competing for a Natl Title, as the trend the last 10 or so years is Iowa's, Wisconsin's and Minnesota's recruiting has improved for sure, and it's possible the same could be said about another team or two in the west? But I doubt it will happen this year, and until it happens and the team follows it up by also doing well in the playoff, your suspicious that the B1G officials will favor OSU could be right on?
I thought that targeting was going to be called, but Johnson wasn't off base in saying he was kind of off to the side. Was not too egregious that letting it go was so crazy.

And, while by rule it was a roughing the passer, the one on the INT could also have been ignored (but think they got it right).

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Anytime someone starts a thread about the refs after a loss...they're blaming the refs.

A statement like "not saying the Gophers would have won, but the out come was definitely influenced by the guys in stripes."...Is blaming the refs and is ghey.

You can try to pretend it isn't, but everyone knows the meaning.
Did you watch the game?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Anytime someone starts a thread about the refs after a loss...they're blaming the refs.

A statement like "not saying the Gophers would have won, but the out come was definitely influenced by the guys in stripes."...Is blaming the refs and is ghey.

You can try to pretend it isn't, but everyone knows the meaning.

Meh, I think being a USC, Dodger, and Seabag fan is ghey.

Have you and the other Seabag fans stopped crying about the Superbowl in '05?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question Ohio State got away with multiple PI's last night. But it's not like the Buckeyes won on the last play of the game or something. And missed PI calls happen in every game played in every conference.

For all the Buckeye haters out there

View attachment 279156
Thank you dude, for at least admitting as much. Your team played well for being as inexperienced as they were, and deserved and would have won the game even if those PI calls had been made, and yes, even if the targeting call had been made as well. Your young QB's not going to have such easy passes to complete vs better pass defending teams, but by then he'll maybe have had time to improve? If OSU can get by Oregon next weekend, they should end up in the B1G Title game once again with a Top 4 ranking going into the game. If they lose to Oregon, they should be able to recover and get back into the Top 4 after winning another B1G Conf title. I don't see anyone in the West, including my Gophers, being able to beat them this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game?

Yes. I thought Minnesota played pretty well for much of the game. Then, in the 2nd half, the talent difference showed up. Even then, your Gophers didn't back down at all.

Personally, if I were a Gophers fan, I'd be talking about how hard they played rather than the refs.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of missed calls as well as calls that shouldn't have happened. Regardless of that fact, OSU should be a little bit concerned if they cant get things going smoother. Minn is a decent team, but they are not a big caliber team. The next few weeks will be interesting to see how OSU continues on. But after last nights game, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop a spot or two if a few other teams show up with more gusto than OSU displayed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of missed calls as well as calls that shouldn't have happened. Regardless of that fact, OSU should be a little bit concerned if they cant get things going smoother. Minn is a decent team, but they are not a big caliber team. The next few weeks will be interesting to see how OSU continues on. But after last nights game, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop a spot or two if a few other teams show up with more gusto than OSU displayed.
This is why I am not very concerned...coming into the season I knew this would be a very young team with very few experienced starters other than the WR's. We saw a young team, freshman QB and 11 players out struggle bigtime in the 1st half but bounce back strong in the 2nd half. I knew the defense would struggle considering they have basically all new starters and they weren't very good last year. Minny was the experienced team and they pretty much dominated the 2nd half. Minny, if they get their RB back, can be a top 3 B1G team without a doubt. With all things considered and the outlook coming into the season I can't be disappointed considering what we saw in the 2H from the offense. Possibly their best OL (the center) was out and a starting CB is huge for a young team. We will see what they have against Oregon

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I thought Minnesota played pretty well for much of the game. Then, in the 2nd half, the talent difference showed up. Even then, your Gophers didn't back down at all.

Personally, if I were a Gophers fan, I'd be talking about how hard they played rather than the refs.
I am pleased with how the Gophers played. And I would have gone without talking about the refs had the Gophers last drive not been ended by such a bad non-call.

As for your claim that the talent difference showed up in the 2nd half, I don't know that I agree with that assessment. Like the game changed so drastically with one big play in the first half in favor of the Gophers, that forced fumble was a good defensive play, sure, but the lucky bounce that put the ball right into a defensive players hands who happened to be facing towards the endzone with almost no one in his path to stop him from running it in for a TD had little to do with OSU's superior talent level. That was just a lucky bounce that went OSU's way. Had a Gopher been able to fall on the ball, I believe we would have had another shot to get a first down or we'd have at least gotten a chance to punt it away. Not saying the Gophers would have then won, but they may have been able to keep the final scoring margin closer. Not saying there isn't a talent difference, but I think that is more of a raw talent thing, as UMn, at least on offense, had pretty comparable offense.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by "not a big caliber team"? Are you judging the 2021 Gophers against 2020? I ask because even the commentators pointed out that this 2021 Gophers team should be compared to the 2019 team more, and that team went 11-2 beating PSU and Auburn. Or were PSU and Auburn not big caliber teams?

And it was the first game of the season for a lot of 1st year Buckeyes going up against a pretty experienced Gopher squad.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I am not very concerned...coming into the season I knew this would be a very young team with very few experienced starters other than the WR's. We saw a young team, freshman QB and 11 players out struggle bigtime in the 1st half but bounce back strong in the 2nd half. I knew the defense would struggle considering they have basically all new starters and they weren't very good last year. Minny was the experienced team and they pretty much dominated the 2nd half. Minny, if they get their RB back, can be a top 3 B1G team without a doubt. With all things considered and the outlook coming into the season I can't be disappointed considering what we saw in the 2H from the offense. Possibly their best OL (the center) was out and a starting CB is huge for a young team. We will see what they have against Oregon
I think you are right not to worry. They can even recover from a loss vs Oregon though I don't see that happening. The Bamas, Clemsons, etc., could beat OSU right now, but give those young guys a few games to figure things out and by the end of the season, OSU might have a shot at the Title.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right not to worry. They can even recover from a loss vs Oregon though I don't see that happening. The Bamas, Clemsons, etc., could beat OSU right now, but give those young guys a few games to figure things out and by the end of the season, OSU might have a shot at the Title.

That back 7 needs some seasoning before they face the best of the best for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, not really worried about a title at this point and we don't know what Oregon will look like, also with a new QB. Bama will also have a new QB. Clemson will too, given he played with TL out. Even with Stroud playing much better in the 2H, I am still looking forward to Quinn Ewers, the phenom.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That back 7 needs some seasoning before they face the best of the best for sure.
We've been waiting for 2 years now and LB core, we have been waiting what 4-5 years lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, not really worried about a title at this point and we don't know what Oregon will look like, also with a new QB. Bama will also have a new QB. Clemson will too, given he played with TL out. Even with Stroud playing much better in the 2H, I am still looking forward to Quinn Ewers, the phenom.
Me, too....kind of wish he did not join this year, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so odd......we can recruit exceptionally well at DE and CB (though need another elite CB) but LBs have just been OK to solid, at best.

Yes since 2014 it's been a struggle. Raekwon was a beast and a high end prospect out of HS and obviously Shazier, Lee etc. The Borland, Werner group was not good

Reactions: gob

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes since 2014 it's been a struggle. Raekwon was a beast and a high end prospect out of HS and obviously Shazier, Lee etc. The Borland, Werner group was not good
Not sure, but cannot recall any in the last class or in upcoming either

Last edited: