• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama's schedule is pretty bad but..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. There's nothing weaker than they literally mean nothing.

Bama playing Mercer now is better than Bama playing Oklahoma when neither team puts a single name you've ever heard of in it. Ever again.

I'd much rather have at least SOME really good OOC than literally ZERO ever again. You want to eliminate anything other than imbalanced schedules that reward whichever team is lucky enough to be on a year where they miss the harder players from the other division.

You haven't once EVER answered to that because you can't without blowing auto bids up completely.

14 teams conferences that play 8 games miss 5 teams every year. And none from the same division miss the same 5. Yet you want to treat a win against Vandy as the same as a win again Georgia. There isn't anyone in their right mind that thinks those two games should be counted as the same. It kills anything close to fairness.

It's pure dumb.
Again more "debate" and nothing to refute the facts and what the play offs would have looked like. You may prefer swim suit competions......But the data speaks for its self. 100's of pages of what team should be in. All answered within that format. If you want a true champion and more meaningful games. That would be the system to use. Its concrete to the point its irrefutable and concrete . It cant be denied by facts the data still speaks for itself........Much better than what ifs and I think insert team "looks" the best......The no more than 2 loss fail safe Auto bid with a WC is genius imo

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read earlier today that Greg McElroy was previously arguing for "conference champions" in the playoffs etc.

Then someone gave him a list of teams that would be playing in the conference championship as a result of divisions, and what could be a possible playoff of:

Alabama or Georgia
Pitt
Utah
Northwestern

He basically said "Yeah, that won't do" and had to completely walk back on supporting such a system.

Of course that is unlikely to happen because better teams will win most of the time, but still - that's the kind of possible playoff people are asking for. And they claim these kinds of things bring better results. Nonsense.

That shit would never and will never happen in the current not broken format.
If there's one silver lining from the weak ass BS of clarky and their ilk, it's that this discussion has actually helped educate and convert at least a couple of credible board posters that at one time were firmly for auto bids and now have at least reconsidered. There are just too many really obvious and major things wrong with it. You would have to blow up the current conferences and create exactly equal conferences that every member played every member AND no OOC (100% conf slates) to even begin to find some kind of fairness again and for what? :L

Clarky will always attract the fringe fans that refuse to think it through and that's ok. They need someone to white knight for them and he's entirely happy to do so. Match made in heaven.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one silver lining from the weak ass BS of clarky and their ilk, it's that this discussion has actually helped educate and convert at least a couple of credible board posters that at one time were firmly for auto bids and now have at least reconsidered. There are just too many really obvious and major things wrong with it. You would have to blow up the current conferences and create exactly equal conferences that every member played every member AND no OOC (100% conf slates) to even begin to find some kind of fairness again and for what? :L

Clarky will always attract the fringe fans that refuse to think it through and that's ok. They need someone to white knight for them and he's entirely happy to do so. Match made in heaven.
Pretty sure theres only two knights in college football Army and UCF. There may be more would have to look.Neither are the White Knights tho. I'll be trying to find a meaningful game in the SEC this weekend. While you work on trying to find facts. That provide a viable argument against the 6 game auto bid fail safe system. May take a while that system cleans up the current flaws

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't take long to figure out that dude is completely full of shit and can't really follow a conversation.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure theres only two knights in college football Army and UCF. There may be more would have to look.Neither are the White Knights tho. I'll be trying to find a meaningful game in the SEC this weekend. While you work on trying to find facts. That provide a viable argument against the 6 game auto bid fail safe system. May take a while that system cleans up the current flaws
I gave you facts, you simply refuse to see them. You have no facts, you have wild assumptions on a system that hasn't ever existed. There can be no facts on that. None. It's a hypothesis, nothing more. And a really bad one at that. It has been entirely dismantled piece by piece.

Now if you will excuse us, the grown ups were having a discussion. Thank you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take long to figure out that dude is completely full of shit and can't really follow a conversation.
He's a 'special' case alright. We understand the draw to wanting more playoffs and having conf championships meaning something. I was on board with it at one point. It simply falls apart when you look deeper at the consequences of it. It really is only the ones unable or unwilling to do that process that stay there. You can't use reasoning and sound logic and stay in that camp. You simply can't.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you facts, you simply refuse to see them. You have no facts, you have wild assumptions on a system that hasn't ever existed. There can be no facts on that. None. It's a hypothesis, nothing more. And a really bad one at that. It has been entirely dismantled piece by piece.

Now if you will excuse us, the grown ups were having a discussion. Thank you.
Ive yet to see a fact. You didnt use the format your data was flawed......Therefore it was nothing more semantics and opinion......

Almost forgot the Scarlet Knights but Ive never been a fan of Rutgers. I am looking forward to Army/Oklahoma. Gotta give the Sooners credit for scheduling a home and home. Another thing CFB could use more of

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The point is you are still assuming all wins, and you are only doing the 1 conference, not that they are FCS or FBS. Surely you realize that FBS has cupcakes too right?

If 1 conference wins them all, then this.
If 1 conference loses them all, then this.

You: SEC wins them all, that's the only possible outcome and blah blah blah. Let's just completely ignore the effects adding conference games has for other conferences.
I'm not assuming anything I just used the 2017 schedule as an example to which every sec team scheduled a fcs team and won. Proving yet again your Inability to read.

You're wrong stoner

Go to bed

Facts

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive yet to see a fact. You didnt use the formula your data was flawed......Therefore it was just more semantics and opinion......

Almost forgot the Scarlet Knights but Ive never been a fan of Rutgers. I am looking forward to Army/Oklahoma. Gotta give the Sooners credit for scheduling a home and home. Another thing CFB could use more of
More pure bullshit. That really is all you bring to this board anymore. You haven't given any type of fact ever. Not once.

I took the current system and compared them to mistakes proposal and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is stupid and unnecessary. 22 of 24 teams would have been the same under the current vs proposed systems if normalized. That's called actual live real data based on known quantities. ALL you have is made up crap on a napkin. That's not called facts.

Sorry your team got left out, but they didn't belong. Blowing up an entire sport to right that wrong is ludicrous. It's simply not going to happen.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play 9 conference games and get rid of FCS teams losing record pffft

They are also guaranteed 1 extra win. You have to actually win the OOC games for them to be "guarenteed wins".

Playing Nebraska 1 more time ain't helping anyone's schedule this year for example.

No its not 1 extra win......... you are not good at the maths are you

Dumbass obviously the CONFERENCE record would be .500 that is a no shit... you still cant see how it affects the entire conference.

Last year Every SEC team played and won (except floriduh's was canceled) their FCS game, replace that with a conference game and that is 7 less wins for the conference.

Der Der Der
so the entire winning percentage goes down as a whole for the confrence, not for conference games dumbass as nobody made mention to that being able to change.

last i checked you cant win 75% of a game...

You keep grasping at straws trying to cover up how you claimed it adds 1 more win..

Learn math then get back at me. Hell learn to read while you are at it you have yet to grasp one concept of any of my posts, you keep making shit up in your head going all the way back to my original post in here.

nuther' swing and a miss from the bama edubacated reject

I'm not assuming anything I just used the 2017 schedule as an example to which every sec team scheduled a fcs team and won. Proving yet again your Inability to read.

You're wrong stoner

Go to bed

Facts

Follow that retard

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More pure bullshit. That really is all you bring to this board anymore. You haven't given any type of fact ever. Not once.

I took the current system and compared them to mistakes proposal and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is stupid and unnecessary. 22 of 24 teams would have been the same under the current vs proposed systems if normalized. That's called actual live real data based on known quantities. ALL you have is made up crap on a napkin. That's not called facts.

Sorry your team got left out, but they didn't belong. Blowing up an entire sport to right that wrong is ludicrous. It's simply not going to happen.
Nope this is what it would have looked like using the 6 team play off 5 team auto bid with the CC cant have more than 2 losses format

Clemson 12-1 CC, 12–1 Oklahoma CC,, 11-2 Ohio State CC , 11-2 USC,
Are in on Auto bid and12-1 Alabama most likely gets the At Large spot

12- 1 Clemson CC, 12-1 Oklahoma CC,11-2 Penn State CC,11-1 Washington CC, 13-0 Alabama CC,
Are all in on Auto bid 11-1 Ohio State moct likely gets the At Large Bid

13-0 Clemson CC,,12-1 Oklahoma CC,12-1 Michigan State CC,11-2 Stanford CC,12-1 Alabama CC

Are allí in on Auto Bids 11-1 Ohio State or !!-1 Iowa most likely get the At Large Bid

13-0 FSU CC, 12-1 Ohio State CC, 12-1 Oregon CC,12-1 Alabama CC
Are all in on Auto Bod 11 - 1 TCU and !1 - 1 Baylor are most likely in as the At Large Bids

Its an upgrade removes all the question marks each year. reduces opinion and human influence. While raising the bar on th regular season and play offs. The only argument against it is fear of a higher competition level......You can keep looking for an actual rebuttal. My guess is its going to take the same amount of time. It will take me to find a meaningful SECD game this week......

Get back to me when you have facts with a solid foundation. Not incorrect data that veers off this format. Which provides a true champion and the best teams via play on the field. Fwiw Veering off topic is the same as confirmation this is the best system.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipshit, we've been around this so many times. I gave you clear line by line comparisons. It's a FACT that 22 of 24 teams would be the same under this current format. That's not called broken.

There isn't a single thing above that resembles a fact. You have a list of teams you'd like to see play in a playoff. You do NOTHING AT ALL to work out how you get there. The truth is if teams were playing knowing they only had to win their conf to be in, their scheduling would be WAY different and the results above moot. You want to use schedules under THIS format and try to use it with a different playoff and call it facts. :L

Pretty fucking stupid.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipshit, we've been around this so many times. I gave you clear line by line comparisons. It's a FACT that 22 of 24 teams would be the same under this current format. That's not called broken.

There isn't a single thing above that resembles a fact. You have a list of teams you'd like to see play in a playoff. You do NOTHING AT ALL to work out how you get there. The truth is if teams were playing knowing they only had to win their conf to be in, their scheduling would be WAY different and the results above moot. You want to use schedules under THIS format and try to use it with a different playoff and call it facts. :L

Pretty fucking stupid.
Now I know theres no college team named the dipshits.

And you're shifting the goal posts again. Under this format their are there would be 8 teams added with a much more valid case.
2017 you wouldnt have the Ohio State Alabama "debate"
2016 you would not have the OSU Penn State "debate"
2014 You don't have the TCU Baylor "debate"

You could spin it and say 22-24 But you're just shifting the goal posts rather than using fact. Which would be in actuality you would have 24 f 24 teams that earned the right to play in the play offs. Rather than a bunch of opinions and asterisks. If you truly want higher competition levels and less meaningless games. You stop rewarding teams who schedule weaker regular season schedules to avoid the dreadful 2nd loss. Set a standard that all teams must play 10 PAC teams. One could call it uniform by contact of the word. Add meaning to the CCGs with 5 auto bids with the fail safe of requiring no more than two losses and add an at large that qualifies.

Too much debate and emphasis on human influence off the field with your system,. If we want the best teams put the actual best teams in. With the results of the first 4 "selections" leaving way too many questions while using constant changing criteria to fit opinion. The system is flawed. The current format waters down schedules by design and precedents. Its based on opinion like the polls etc...The only real argument against the upgraded formats would be fear of compassion or being left out due to not being god enough to wine r conference or weak scheduling. No more than two loss fail safe and an at large bid......Or you can settle for games being played by the people not on the field.....

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that 1 vote make my comment any less valid?

Nope didnt think so, thanks for playing retard
Bamas Conference opponents went 6-2 OOC vs Power 5s. None of those 6 wins came at home. 1 of those losses was to the #2 team in which the SEC team arguably got robbed and outplayed Clemson.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just show me the part where I missed you looking at more than 1 conference.
What the absolute fuck are you talking about? More than one conference? i am specifically pointing at the SEC. Lay off the pot retard

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamas Conference opponents went 6-2 OOC vs Power 5s. None of those 6 wins came at home. 1 of those losses was to the #2 team in which the SEC team arguably got robbed and outplayed Clemson.
LMFAO whatever you say team SEC

Still doesnt change facts