• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama's schedule is pretty bad but..

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting at 55s of that video the ball goes from between his hands to shifting in an unstable manner. It just seems clear, even from that crappy vid.

I don't think it's shifting in terms of not having control of the ball - I think they are fighting for it. Then he hits the ground on his back decently hard and Reid takes the ball.

If you go to 1:26, you can see the TE has the ball up to his chest while he is on the ground. After that point he flips over and during that process it gets taken. You can see Reid take it after he hits the ground.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama SOS is #34, SOR is #1.

Only played 2 teams so far with a losing record. (Louisville/Arkansas).

Schedule not so weak afterall.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play 9 conference games and get rid of FCS teams losing record pffft
I agree 4 OOC games 3 G5 1 FCS. * game conference schedule reduces conference win loss records. Gauging SOS based on polls rather than the actual games played and teams schedules. Is closer to a beauty pageant than football. Unless teams play uniform schedules. Gauging SOS in the current format biased rankings decided by the AP/Coaches/committee..... is basically smoke and mirrors imo

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 4 OOC games 3 G5 1 FCS. * game conference schedule reduces conference win loss records. Gauging SOS based on polls rather than the actual games played and teams schedules. Is closer to a beauty pageant than football. Unless teams play uniform schedules. Gauging SOS in the current format biased rankings decided by the AP/Coaches/committee..... is basically smoke and mirrors imo
Cant disagree.

The conferences that play 9 conference games are guaranteed 1 extra loss for half the teams... it might change that "not losing record" to losing record.

It needs to be standardized across the board.

Also can we finally all agree BYU isnt a P5 program! they are G5 at best regardless if a conference allows the independent school to satisfy rules put in place to bolster an entire conferences ooc schedule.

They are a waiver not a P5 smh

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant disagree.

The conferences that play 9 conference games are guaranteed 1 extra loss for half the teams... it might change that "not losing record" to losing record.

Also can we finally all agree BYU isnt a P5 program! they are G5 at best regardless if a conference allows the independent school to satisfy rules put in place to bolster an entire conferences ooc schedule.

They are also guaranteed 1 extra win. You have to actually win the OOC games for them to be "guarenteed wins".

Playing Nebraska 1 more time ain't helping anyone's schedule this year for example.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also guaranteed 1 extra win. You have to actually win the OOC games for them to be "guarenteed wins".

Playing Nebraska 1 more time ain't helping anyone's schedule this year for example.
No its not 1 extra win......... you are not good at the maths are you

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant disagree.

I'll never understand the BYU thing. Its almost like because Notre Dame has been considered P5 so long. Although they are an independent some conferences started adding BYU and Army as P5's to cover P5 slots. I don't personally see BYU as P5

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conference records are guaranteed to go to .500 overall, so half your conferences loses that game....the other half wins.

Now, lets say you go out there and you are the Pac12 or even worse than this year. They all instead play an extra OOC game and they LOSE them all. Guess what happens if they instead played the 9th conference game?

Guaranteed extra wins for their top teams.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand the BYU thing. Its almost like because Notre Dame has been considered P5 so long. Although they are an independent some conferences started adding BYU and Army as P5's to cover P5 slots. I don't personally see BYU as P5
It is one thing for a conference to waive it and say "we'll allow it" but then you get people who say OH THEY ALLOW IT THAT MEANS THEY ARE p5... SMH its one thing that the conference allows it to satisfy the requirements its another when team and fans claim it to be a p5 game

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference records are guaranteed to go to .500 overall, so half your conferences loses that game....the other half wins.

Now, lets say you go out there and you are the Pac12 or even worse than this year. They all instead play an extra OOC game and they LOSE them all. Guess what happens if they instead played the 9th conference game?

Guaranteed extra wins for their top teams.
You really are that dense....

Take away citadel a game you would win and now you are playing (insert SEC team you only face every 5 years) now that team is going to have a loss and bama still has the same number of wins

your entire conference will go down in the w/l stats... that is a fact jack

when you learn to do simple math then respond... .please not until then.

i know you think your alabama education is worth something and you let that california weed get to your head but trust me your math is wrong

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one thing for a conference to waive it and say "we'll allow it" but then you get people who say OH THEY ALLOW IT THAT MEANS THEY ARE p5... SMH its one thing that the conference allows it to satisfy the requirements its another when team and fans claim it to be a p5 game

It's pretty dumb to use the label "P5" beyond a generalization.

The reason BYU was considered acceptable is because they were producing quality teams a few years back. If they continue to be shitty, they won't count as a "P5" any longer.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty dumb to use the label "P5" beyond a generalization.

The reason BYU was considered acceptable is because they were producing quality teams a few years back. If they continue to be shitty, they won't count as a "P5" any longer.
I understand the why it was allowed, but no conference was declaring that BYU was p5 level, obviously they are not actually p5 since that refers to the 5 conferences and there lies the issue an independent doesnt have a conference....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a 9 game schedule as opposed to playing an 8 game schedule. Is a guaranteed loss by fact. By playing a 9th game thats more conference games. And a mathematical fact...direct loss distribution. Playing an extra OOC game has no impact on conference other than padding stats and opening up a spot for an easier game. If P5 conferences that play a 9 game schedule. Drop down to an 8 game schedule that would be removing a guaranteed loss throughout the conference. And replacing it with a lay up OOC win. You're correct its simple math

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are that dense....

Take away citadel a game you would win and now you are playing (insert SEC team you only face every 5 years) now that team is going to have a loss and bama still has the same number of wins

your entire conference will go down in the w/l stats... that is a fact jack

Yes, the SEC's record will go down because they are a good conference that wins it's OOC games.

Other conferences are not so good and do not win their OOC games at the same rate.

You actually have to be good enough to win the OOC games for those things to actually come into effect.

when you learn to do simple math then respond... .please not until then.

i know you think your alabama education is worth something and you let that california weed get to your head but trust me your math is wrong

:lol: If you only knew.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the why it was allowed, but no conference was declaring that BYU was p5 level, obviously they are not actually p5 since that refers to the 5 conferences and there lies the issue an independent doesnt have a conference....

What does it matter so long as any SoS metric worth a shit looks at team strength instead of conference?

The whole thing was just an attempt at getting a few teams to schedule tougher.

I don't understand the issue. Boise St is another that gets the same treatment and they are in a G5 conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the most I'll do is mock BYU being considered P5. In the end its a conference ploy to fill a P5 slot. Love Armyfootball but I don't consider them P5 either tbh

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the SEC's record will go down because they are a good conference that wins it's OOC games.

Other conferences are not so good and do not win their OOC games at the same rate.

You actually have to be good enough to win the OOC games for those things to actually come into effect.

:lol: If you only knew.

Being good enough or not to win an OOC is irrelevant my math is still correct and you are still wrong.

You claimed its 1 extra win when in reality this guarantees half the teams have an additional LOSS where playing an FCS you would have a 99% chance of a win instead.

seriously guy.

I know what you have "claimed" in the past about "writing scripts" you are full of yourself and not nearly as smart as you want people to believe.

REPLACE YOUR FCS GAME WITH A CONFERENCE GAME

I am right you are wrong - FACT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being good enough or not to win an OOC is irrelevant my math is still correct and you are still wrong.

You claimed its 1 extra win when in reality this guarantees half the teams have an additional LOSS where playing an FCS you would have a 99% chance of a win instead.

seriously guy.

I know what you have "claimed" in the past about "writing scripts" you are full of yourself and not nearly as smart as you want people to believe.

REPLACE YOUR FCS GAME WITH A CONFERENCE GAME

I am right you are wrong - FACT
The difference is really quite simple. By playing an 8 game schedule you are removing guaranteed conference losses. Which gives the illusion" of conference strength. By replacing a conference loss with an OOC cupcake win. Its basic number manipulation. Scheduling 1 P5 OOC may make it look good. But that game has no effect on conference W/L record. Following that with 2 G5s and an FCS......

If a team playing a 9 game conference schedule schedules 2 G5s and an FCS its viewed as a weak OOC. While already having the disadvantage of conference loss differential. Which is a far more difficult actual SOS. The extra conference games holds much more bearing,by design than using extra OOC which is basically ducking the guaranteed losses to boost conference appearance

Without conferences all playing a uniform conference schedule. Conference strength,SOS.etc...is a myth