• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama's schedule is pretty bad but..

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit some lower P5 are the same as FCS. I believe 8 conference games and a mandatory 2 P5 is a better system than 9 and 1 for determining the best 4 teams in the country.

Bingo. Another conference game means nothing as far as comparing conferences for playoff purposes. We need inter-conference games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just did cry about it.
No I didn’t you illiterate fuck. I said nothing is forcing them to play the game. Nothing is stopping them from trying to schedule another team but themselves. So again, if Saban did not want to play an fCS team he can not play one, but he does want to play them and won’t change until he is forced to which is his right. Just don’t expect us to pretend that he has his hands tied to play them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban wanted to not play an FCS team, it wouldn’t take much effort to change. He will not change until he is forced to and it is working for him now so why change?

Nobody will come to Alabama in November so it would require the SEC to change it's schedule and put a conference game the week before Auburn. Probably go back to Miss St and have to move the A&M game into November as well after the LSU game.

Turns out, it ain't easy getting a team to play Alabama the week before their rival game.

So Alabama's alternative schedule for November would be this since we don't have teams like Illinois and Kansas to plug in that week like other conferences:

LSU
Texas A&M
Miss St
Auburn

It's near impossible to replace the FCS with a FBS directly. Auburn somehow managed to get a FBS team last year I think it was, but for the most part that time of year there is nobody else.

So the idea that "If Saban wanted this or that" is really just way off base. There is a lot more to it than that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn’t you illiterate fuck. I said nothing is forcing them to play the game. Nothing is stopping them from trying to schedule another team but themselves. So again, if Saban did not want to play an fCS team he can not play one, but he does want to play them and won’t change until he is forced to which is his right. Just don’t expect us to pretend that he has his hands tied to play them.

Nobody else brought up Michigan St...ever.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will come to Alabama in November so it would require the SEC to change it's schedule and put a conference game the week before Auburn. Probably go back to Miss St and have to move the A&M game into November as well after the LSU game.

Turns out, it ain't easy getting a team to play Alabama the week before their rival game.

So Alabama's alternative schedule for November would be this since we don't have teams like Illinois and Kansas to plug in that week like other conferences:

LSU
Texas A&M
Miss St
Auburn

It's near impossible to replace the FCS with a FBS directly. Auburn somehow managed to get a FBS team last year I think it was, but for the most part that time of year there is nobody else.

So the idea that "If Saban wanted this or that" is really just way off base. There is a lot more to it than that.
Again, who has Alabama tried to get to come play there in November? Do you have any actual information of the teams that are ducking them or are you just pulling shit out of your ass? Seems like other teams are actually able to schedule nonconference games in November. Please provide the link stating that no power five team is willing to play Bama in November. Please educate us with real facts and not your homer BS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, who has Alabama tried to get to come play there in November? Do you have any actual information of the teams that are ducking them or are you just pulling shit out of your ass? Seems like other teams are actually able to schedule nonconference games in November. Please provide the link stating that no power five team is willing to play Bama in November. Please educate us with real facts and not your homer BS.

You mean other than the AD and Saban directly saying these things?

Scheduling non-SEC games can mean 'bargaining and begging' for Alabama

"You know, we don't have a lot of choices," Saban said Monday. "It's not like going into a restaurant and getting a menu and saying 'OK, we can play these 24 different teams. Which one do you want to play?' Most of the time, we're bargaining and begging to get anybody to play us. So we don't always have a lot of choice."

And

"I don't know that we have a choice sometimes, you know," Saban said last summer. "We can't just call people up and say we want to have a game. ... You ever try to schedule a game? Do you know what goes into that? And it's very difficult to do home and home with quality teams. And there's only certain teams, to be honest with you, you almost have to buy games to get people to play you. Outside of the neutral site game we do and our conference games, we struggle to schedule three other games."

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, Saban...aka Bama...wants open dates prior to LSU and Auburn games...and to avoid a stretch of multiple difficult games in a row. That and the fact they prefer 7-8 home games like all the biggies do. I can see that making OOC scheduling more difficult.

What is different is that Bama actually GETS those open dates prior to LSU and Auburn and avoids many multiple week grinds. (FCS is a defacto open date IMO.) I'm sure Oklahoma would prefer open dates prior to the Texas and Okie Lite games. Michigan would prefer open dates prior to Ohio State and Sparty games. FSU would prefer open dates prior to both the Clemson and Florida games. Bama actually gets it done.

FSU sucks at this type scheduling...they were open prior to Wake Forest:L and have BC prior to Florida:L! Florida is better at it. They have an open date prior to Georgia and play Idaho prior to FLorida State...even though they don't need a cupcake this year prior to FSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, Saban...aka Bama...wants open dates prior to LSU and Auburn games...and to avoid a stretch of multiple difficult games in a row. That and the fact they prefer 7-8 home games like all the biggies do. I can see that making OOC scheduling more difficult.

What is different is that Bama actually GETS those open dates prior to LSU and Auburn and avoids many multiple week grinds. (FCS is a defacto open date IMO.) I'm sure Oklahoma would prefer open dates prior to the Texas and Okie Lite games. Michigan would prefer open dates prior to Ohio State and Sparty games. FSU would prefer open dates prior to both the Clemson and Florida games. Bama actually gets it done.

FSU sucks at this type scheduling...they were open prior to Wake Forest:L and have BC prior to Florida:L! Florida is better at it. They have an open date prior to Georgia and play Idaho prior to FLorida State...even though they don't need a cupcake this year prior to FSU.

Alabama's alternative November schedule:

LSU
Texas A&M/Ole Miss/Arkansas
Miss St
Auburn