• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back up QB?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think we should bring in? One guy who intrigues me is Jameis Winston. I think Nagy is going to get a lot more guys open than Arians did. There is also Fitzpatrick, Cam, Rivers, Eli, etc. We need a guy that can potentiall start. I say we bring in jameis on a 2 or 3 year deal.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of the names mentioned, outside of probably Fitz, signing to be a backup.

Winston is gonna try to demand some silly money he shouldn't get. Eli should be done.

Some guys that could make sense as backups.....Case Keenum, Marcus Mariota, Matt Moore, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, and AJ McCarron are gonna be some names on the more affordable side of the QB free agent market.

Taysom Hill is gonna be an RFA........but that's a nightmare because imagine how gimmicky Nagy would get then.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has never seen a linebacker in his career. Entertaining to watch but a turnover machine

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Nagy brought in 9 kickers.
How many QB should he bring in?

Regardless of who the Bears bring in, sign as a free agent, or draft as a rookie, Trubisky is the starter. To suggest otherwise would mean that Pace would have to admit he was wrong. (Dont know too many GM's that admit franchise altering mistakes. Particularly at Halas Hall.)

Sorry but i think our QB situation boils down to politics. Like it or not, Trubisky will play most of 2020.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Nagy brought in 9 kickers.
How many QB should he bring in?

Regardless of who the Bears bring in, sign as a free agent, or draft as a rookie, Trubisky is the starter. To suggest otherwise would mean that Pace would have to admit he was wrong. (Dont know too many GM's that admit franchise altering mistakes. Particularly at Halas Hall.)

Sorry but i think our QB situation boils down to politics. Like it or not, Trubisky will play most of 2020.

Theres no doubt in my mind MT will be back hete next seaason, for the fact that as uou ssaid, Pace will not admit he fucked up, especially trading up to get him........

But, we need to draft another with the first pick we have .......

They need to show MT that if he cant figure it out, there is someone ready to take his job.......

And as far as the freeagent list,theres not a one I want.....Drafting one is the better way to go......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think we should bring in? One guy who intrigues me is Jameis Winston. I think Nagy is going to get a lot more guys open than Arians did. There is also Fitzpatrick, Cam, Rivers, Eli, etc. We need a guy that can potentiall start. I say we bring in jameis on a 2 or 3 year deal.
My opinion, draft someone late. Bears do not have the dollars to bring in someone serious, and with limited draft capital and holes that need addressing with the draft early, they should go late round flyer... Eli said yesterday he has no interest in being a back up anywhere, just an fyi.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no doubt in my mind MT will be back hete next seaason, for the fact that as uou ssaid, Pace will not admit he fucked up, especially trading up to get him........

But, we need to draft another with the first pick we have .......

They need to show MT that if he cant figure it out, there is someone ready to take his job.......

And as far as the freeagent list,theres not a one I want.....Drafting one is the better way to go......
I'd take Bridgewater in a heartbeat.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to bring back Daniel on the cheap when nobody else wants him and we're rolling with the same sh*t.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FitzMagic would be a good get. That dude plays some entertaining football even if he's a turnover machine.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to say for the Bears, a lot of the backups being mentioned probably dont see a scenario where they are the starter here.

So unless the Bears throw a ton of Mike-Glennon-type cash their way, we may have to settle for a Mariota-type. Yikes!

Pace should hire Peyton Manning or Tony Romo as the QB coach.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to say for the Bears, a lot of the backups being mentioned probably dont see a scenario where they are the starter here.

So unless the Bears throw a ton of Mike-Glennon-type cash their way, we may have to settle for a Mariota-type. Yikes!

Pace should hire Peyton Manning or Tony Romo as the QB coach.

Chase Daniel. That's what is going to happen. I have no doubt about it. Mitch is their guy and they are going to ride him into the sunset....The road to hell is paved with good intentions will apply most likely...

But hey...There's a chance they can give us false hope for a week if we can pull a sh*t team for week 1 next season. I fully intend to go bonkos crazy if we win handily against said sh*t team calling a Super Bowl guarantee and drowning out the voice of reason in richi about the first game blah blah blah. Because #Bearsboardthings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is going to pay Jameis 20 mil and make him their starter. IMO. Jameis is the modern day Jay Cutler. People will keep trying to fix him until he retires. I would like him as a backup but he'll start somewhere in all probability.

Arians wide open offense was Jameis on steroids. It magnified all of the good and all of the bad simultaneously.

I have zero interest in paying Teddy Bridgewater any kind of decent cash either.

Give me Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith or Dalton. Any of those are better than Mariota.

Thank god we fired Helfrich so there's no temptation for a reunion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel. That's what is going to happen. I have no doubt about it. Mitch is their guy and they are going to ride him into the sunset....The road to hell is paved with good intentions will apply most likely...

But hey...There's a chance they can give us false hope for a week if we can pull a sh*t team for week 1 next season. I fully intend to go bonkos crazy if we win handily against said sh*t team calling a Super Bowl guarantee and drowning out the voice of reason in richi about the first game blah blah blah. Because #Bearsboardthings.

Those aren't the rules, though. The rule is that we have to play Green Bay on primetime and suffer a soul crushing defeat.

Seriously, we've played GB Week 1 three out of the last five years and I've had just about enough. lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh.......i didnt think much of him as a starter in Minnestota.........
I dont believe he would make that much of a difference between him and MT to sign him.....I think weve seen his ceiling.....
Id rather take the chance by drafting a qb that can significantly seperate the two qbs......
But thats just me......and Im usually wrong.........lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is going to pay Jameis 20 mil and make him their starter. IMO. Jameis is the modern day Jay Cutler. People will keep trying to fix him until he retires. I would like him as a backup but he'll start somewhere in all probability.I

Arians wide open offense was Jameis on steroids. It magnified all of the good and all of the bad simultaneously.

I have zero interest in paying Teddy Bridgewater any kind of decent cash either.

Give me Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith or Dalton. Any of those are better than Mariota.

Thank god we fired Helfrich so there's no temptation for a reunion.

I was gonna say that.....

And I think Alex Smith is done.....

Fitz is a turnover machine too.....No need to bring him here....

Dalton, probably say no to that one too......But I would not be surprised if we signed him.....You know Cincy is going after Burrows.......So that should leave him for the taking.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I uess I have to get windy.

I'd take Bridgewater, but of course, that is strictly hypothetical, i.e., the right price en sech. Which will not happen.

The Bears will roll with Trubisky, and hopefully draft a QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much worse QBs than Trubisky have won it all.

Matt Nagy needs to wake up.

Your great coaches do what is needed to win, regardless of their preferred "style" of play.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't the rules, though. The rule is that we have to play Green Bay on primetime and suffer a soul crushing defeat.

Seriously, we've played GB Week 1 three out of the last five years and I've had just about enough. lol

If they put us on prime time on opening weekend after that 10-3 stinker and the fact that our team is allergic to touchdowns, (aka boring and sh*tty) their funeral.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles seems like good backup option.

I see most of the guys mentioned as starters, for somebody. Kinda.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of the names mentioned, outside of probably Fitz, signing to be a backup.

Winston is gonna try to demand some silly money he shouldn't get. Eli should be done.

Some guys that could make sense as backups.....Case Keenum, Marcus Mariota, Matt Moore, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, and AJ McCarron are gonna be some names on the more affordable side of the QB free agent market.

Taysom Hill is gonna be an RFA........but that's a nightmare because imagine how gimmicky Nagy would get then.

Don't give Nagy Taysom Hill. Good god. lol

That's like letting a child play with a loaded gun. Something horrible is going to happen. You don't know when... but you know it will.