• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Recruiting for 2016 Gets Serious

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except their recruiting situations, like the teams, are nothing alike. And for obvious reasons
(Washington left - Michigan right)

aD8piQb.png

Winning 1 national title in your history does not somehow magically make you connected to Michigan or in a similar situation.

I don't want to spend the time looking it up, but I'm willing to wager that Washington isn't even remotely close to Michigan in terms of recruiting over the last 15 years.
Come on man, stop touting those leather helmet days as if they mean anything at all anymore. Congrats for winning title when there were 6 teams and you couldn't even pass the ball.

You're getting way too bent out of shape that I'm bringing up Washington. It was a simple comparison - Like Washington, michigan was once a dominant national team, but now they are not.

Also, recruits don't go to schools because they can boast highly rated recruiting classes in the past, so I'm not sure why you're acting like that matters. They care about what happens on the field, and honestly, Washington has more to brag about over the past couple years than michigan.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one spewing "bullsh*t."
Youre the one who cant answer the question cause you know thw camps are for recruiting. Whoch is ok but call them what they are. Or are you afraid?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's name resonates, but not like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. Not even remotely close. But tell yourself whatever you need to.

Also, what does your last comment have to do with this? Did you think you were making a point with me or something? I think you need to direct that sort of stuff to your fellow comrade @MAIZEandBLUE09. He's the one obsessed with recruiting stars.
Harbaugh is considered by most who consider those things to be one of the top 10 coaches in the game. Yes, below Urban and Saban but it still should resinate more than getting two star commitments.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Sgt Brutus, newsflash: Ohio State does not have the current #1 recruiting class. And, the "shift" I was referring to was from the one Ellupo described in his post. Worried much?
Hey, Ohio State is 4 overall so incorrect again. LOL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, ok -- except that is Washington's only national title either way. Any team who ever won a national title is not similar to Michigan somehow. Colorado won a national title as well, that doesn't mean the teams are even remotely similar.

That actually isn't true. Since 1950 Washington has two titles. Michigan 1.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, stop touting those leather helmet days as if they mean anything at all anymore. Congrats for winning title when there were 6 teams and you couldn't even pass the ball.

You're getting way too bent out of shape that I'm bringing up Washington. It was a simple comparison - Like Washington, michigan was once a dominant national team, but now they are not.

Also, recruits don't go to schools because they can boast highly rated recruiting classes in the past, so I'm not sure why you're acting like that matters. They care about what happens on the field, and honestly, Washington has more to brag about over the past couple years than michigan.
Except it's not even about that. If you take 1960's and up, Michigan is still one of the winningest programs in the nation. Washington is not. We only have 3 losing seasons since Bo took over. We haven't won a lot of national titles in that way but we've done a hell of a lot of winning and produced a hell of a lot of good players. There are a bunch of teams who have won a single national title because they had a good team and then fell back into mediocrity -- Washington is one of them. So is Iowa, so is Minnesota, so are a bunch of other BCS teams. They are all nothing like Michigan and saying so is stupid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually isn't true. Since 1950 Washington has two titles. Michigan 1.
Not recognized ones. If you count all the bullshit titles, Michigan has 4 or something in the last 50 years.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what "splitting hairs" means?

This is a thread about B1G recruiting, and Ohio State has the #1 class in the B1G. It isn't hard to understand...
He or she doesnt know a lick about football. Keeps stating Michigan is ahead when they arent. But not like it matter at this point in the season!!!!

And then in denial about the receuiting satelite canps :L what else are they for?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not recognized ones. If you count all the bullshit titles, Michigan has 4 or something in the last 50 years.
The school recognizes one title since 1948. I don't even see any bullshit ones they've gotten since then.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's name resonates, but not like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. Not even remotely close. But tell yourself whatever you need to.

Also, what does your last comment have to do with this? Did you think you were making a point with me or something? I think you need to direct that sort of stuff to your fellow comrade @MAIZEandBLUE09. He's the one obsessed with recruiting stars.

Oh, really? You are the one who said, "Right now, if you expect you just have high 4* and 5* kids flocking to your program, you're going to be extremely disappointed." See above. It would help the discussion if you remembered your own comments.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He or she doesnt know a lick about football. Keeps stating Michigan is ahead when they arent. But not like it matter at this point in the season!!!!

And then in denial about the receuiting satelite canps :L what else are they for?
She's just pissed she's getting called out for stuff and has now just resorted to nonsensical ravings without any substance. Oh well, doesn't look like she regularly posts.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Written with the typical Ohio State fan bias. . . you're just hurt that Meyer didn't think of satellite camps first.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, really? You are the one who said, "Right now, if you expect you just have high 4* and 5* kids flocking to your program, you're going to be extremely disappointed." See above. It would help the discussion if you remembered your own comments.
Christ you're retarded. Nowhere in that conversation did I say "only 4* and 5* recruits can be good". He was stating how he was disappointed how michigan was settling for 2* and 3* guys and how he expects them to get the more elite recruits.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's just pissed she's getting called out for stuff and has now just resorted to nonsensical ravings without any substance. Oh well, doesn't look like she regularly posts.

Mad, bro?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Written with the typical Ohio State fan bias. . . you're just hurt that Meyer didn't think of satellite camps first.
Again you deflect the question. Ohio state doesnt need satelite campuses, so no im not mad.

Youre the one getting called out cause you dont know shit and have to resort to name calling cause you have nothing to back up your false claims.

Still waiting for you to admit Ohio state is ranked higher in receuiting nationally. And waiting to hear hear how the camps arent meant for recruiting.

Or you can call me biasand deflect because you dont know anythinf. Prove me wrong

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you deflect the question. Ohio state doesnt need satelite campuses, so no im not mad.

Youre the one getting called out cause you dont know shit and have to resort to name calling cause you have nothing to back up your false claims.

Still waiting for you to admit Ohio state is ranked higher in receuiting nationally. And waiting to hear hear how the camps arent meant for recruiting.

Or you can call me biasand deflect because you dont know anythinf. Prove me wrong

Read much?