• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Recruiting for 2016 Gets Serious

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring up Nebraska at all. I was baited into comparing programs by @Across The Field

"First off, I think you need a reality check on the perception of michigan's program. It has history, sure, but among 17/18 year old kids, it's a fossil. It's no different than a team like Nebraska or Washington. It's been a long time since these programs were genuine contenders, and there's no indication any of them are close to doing so in the next year or two, especially when programs like Ohio State, Alabama, USC, Auburn, Florida State, etc. are offering these kids at the same time."

My intent was not to rip on Nebraska at all, rather, prove that Michigan is one of the better recruiters in CFB over the past 15 years.

Just stop w/ this damn nonsense. If meeeechegan is sooooooo good @ recruiting it sure hasn't shown over the last several years. Maybe your Boyz should have never fired Carr? Because he was a helluva lot better HC than the previous 2 coaches before Crazy Jimbo returned to ann arbor.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, tOSU recruiting >>> scUM recruiting

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans are getting desperate. I dont blame them they have been in the shitter the last 5 years, dont expect anything soon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure was. I wonder if they sell copies at the Appy State book stores? Would be a great addition to my CFB library.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. That was App. State greatest regular season W in school history.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, so much time left for things to happen. Kids will be changing commitments all year long, the better recruits don't really commit until January usually, and it just doesn't mean that much.

Michigan should have a top20 class, but geez it's too damn early for this.
I agree, about this time a 2 years ago, Kentucky had a top 5 class but finished 17th. Like you said, a lot will change.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, about this time a 2 years ago, Kentucky had a top 5 class but finished 17th. Like you said, a lot will change.

Yep, I started to mention Kentucky being in the top5 and finishing much lower, but I couldn't remember what year it was.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the other schools in the BIG got tired of being Ohio States little bitches then.
Nothing bad about that.
Unless you're OSU

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I started to mention Kentucky being in the top5 and finishing much lower, but I couldn't remember what year it was.
It was their 2014 class (Stoops first year), and they had the 4th ranked class in July. Didn't even end up signing a top 15 class, although a top 20 class is still pretty good for them. Miami was 2nd and finished 12th.

Kentucky Football Building a Powerhouse? | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

bP4jtAH.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the B1G now has nine teams ranked among the top 35 classes in the country, including four of the top 15 and 3 of the top 10. And, Michigan (now ranked 8th) is leading the way pulling in six commitments from four different states. Included in that group is QB Victor Viramontes, who took part in Michigan's satellite camp stop in Fresno and was the QB MVP at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge.

But, the Wolverines outlasted rivals Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Wisconsin for five-star Hartland (Wisc.) for OT Ben Bredeson. Bredeson pledged to the Wolverines on Wednesday and is currently the highest ranked prospect in their 2016 class.

With as many commitments as Michigan has right now they honestly should be in the top 3. And congrats on pulling in kids from SEC territory that were offered by Georgia Southern, Troy, FAU and FIU. Michigan is pulling talent away from the Sun Belt.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring up Nebraska at all. I was baited into comparing programs by @Across The Field

"First off, I think you need a reality check on the perception of michigan's program. It has history, sure, but among 17/18 year old kids, it's a fossil. It's no different than a team like Nebraska or Washington. It's been a long time since these programs were genuine contenders, and there's no indication any of them are close to doing so in the next year or two, especially when programs like Ohio State, Alabama, USC, Auburn, Florida State, etc. are offering these kids at the same time."

My intent was not to rip on Nebraska at all, rather, prove that Michigan is one of the better recruiters in CFB over the past 15 years.
And my point wasn't talking about who has recruited better, it's about program image in terms of how they're interpreted by the general population. The difference between the 15th best class and 27th class is usually a 4* recruit or two, it's not a massive difference. My point mostly was that you can't expect these young kids to have such reverence for michigan when for the majority of their football-playing lives, michigan has been irrelevant.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"QB Victor Viramontes, who took part in Michigan's satellite camp stop in Fresno"
Sounds like somebody be a doin' some recruiting.

You're making an unwarranted assumption. Just because he attended a satellite camp doesn't mean that was the purpose of the camp or that he committed to Michigan BECAUSE he attended.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan isn't leading the way in anything. Ohio State's class is 3rd overall, Sparty's got the #5 or 6 class.

The recruiting period is not over, Oney. Let's see where each team ends up--there's a lot of time left for more commitments as well as decommitments. But, you do seem a little worried.