• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't West Virginia make like 9mil a yr from Tier 3? you ready to piss that away for a big 12 network?

To be in a stable conference and not out in the cold looking in........FUCKIN RIGHT

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12: Trying to build a conference that ma

The entire city Memphis is worth less than LHN, so that might be tough

An the longhorn network is worth waaaay less then 1% of fedex.

image.png

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's the end game. Let the SEC and Big ten poach the schools in Virginia and North Carolina, let the Big 12 come in and grab 6 schools (Clemson, Ga tech, FSU, Miami, Duke, pitt or cuse). The only loser in this situation is the Pac, who has to grab 4 MWC schools to keep up.

I have said this from the beginning. But no one has patience. The best bet for B12 survival is let the B1G and SEC do the dirty work for emm. Ohh and Texas (not the issue) an OU( the minor issue) have to refrain from leaving.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So talk money. Its one thing if you expect a Big 12 network to pay out 10-15 million per school, but that seems really unlikely. IF I am correct about that viability of a Big 12 network the additional money will not be very much. I think most of this is coming from Polyanna thinking of the network. ESPN pays 15 million for LHN. For that they get to charge 26.5 million Texans a bit extra. What would you pay to move that number from 26.5 million Texans to the 38.1 million people residing in Big 12 states? People need to realize the Big 12 has teh smallest population footprint and 70% of the Big 12 footprint resides in 1 state.
Solid argument to break the league up.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this from the beginning. But no one has patience. The best bet for B12 survival is let the B1G and SEC do the dirty work for emm. Ohh and Texas (not the issue) an OU( the minor issue) have to refrain from leaving.
If you are banking on the ACC folding then you're in trouble because it's not going to happen. I wish it would because UNC and VT would be all ours.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are banking on the ACC folding then you're in trouble because it's not going to happen. I wish it would because UNC and VT would be all ours.

No chance, UNC would go B1G before they went SEC. You would have your pick of the litter though after that n UVA.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance, UNC would go B1G before they went SEC. You would have your pick of the litter though after that n UVA.
Promise you I'm right on this. Have business contacts in NC and they've told me the fan base's overwhelming first choice would be the SEC

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF the ACC implodes... correct on UNC to the B1G rather than the SEC. The B1G has a hard-on for top-notch academic institutions with research levels so high that they are members of the elite AAU. AAU membership is what the B1G prefers in choosing new members.

Also, B1G commissioner Jim Delany is a graduate of North Carolina, and was the captain of the Tar Heels basketball team in the late '60s. The other two expansion candidates from the ACC the B1G would possibly go after are fellow AAU members Virginia and Georgia Tech... but North Carolina would be the primary prize for the B1G should the ACC unlikely collapse.

The general fan base wishes are not particularly important.

NC State would be a good fit for the SEC but not the B1G.

So.... in the highly unlikely case of the ACC imploding..... I could see Virginia Tech and NC State to the SEC.... and North Carolina and either Virginia or Georgia Tech to the B1G.

Last edited:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the ACC implodes... correct on UNC to the B1G rather than the SEC. The B1G has a hard-on for top-notch academic institutions with research levels so high that they are members of the elite AAU. AAU membership is what the B1G prefers in choosing new members.

Also, B1G commissioner Jim Delany is a graduate of North Carolina, and was the captain of the Tar Heels basketball team in the late '60s. The other two expansion candidates from the ACC the B1G would go after are fellow AAU members Virginia and Georgia Tech... but North Carolina would be the primary prize should the ACC unlikely collapse.

The general fan base wishes are not particularly important.
You're assuming the B1G would get pick of the litter. That isn't the case here UNC fans and alums would want to stay in the south region for play and it would be a vast majority.

Won't happen though, the Tobacco Road mafia will fight the demise of the ACC with everything they have.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the ACC imploding. It is actually a sleeping giant. They have a great footprint and excellent recruiting grounds. It is has just been horribly managed. Tabacco Road crew has focused far too much on basketball.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the ACC imploding. It is actually a sleeping giant. They have a great footprint and excellent recruiting grounds. It is has just been horribly managed. Tabacco Road crew has focused far too much on basketball.
I agree 100% and their commissioner Swofford should be allowed to retire with dignity immediately. The football really is a sleeping giant with FSU, Clemson, Miami and VT. Honestly UNC has zero excuse to not have been more successful.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Big12 will expand first or not, but I am still predicting contraction for the B1G, ACC, and/or SEC in due course.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% and their commissioner Swofford should be allowed to retire with dignity immediately. The football really is a sleeping giant with FSU, Clemson, Miami and VT. Honestly UNC has zero excuse to not have been more successful.
At least they have an excuse for their high APR . .

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how would they be favored to win the division? changing conferences would do nothing for them as far as wins and losses go. they would still top out at barely making a bowl in a good year

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured something like this should go in this thread.

Looks like Vince Young is writing copy for Jake Trotter at ESPiN.

IyHidCn.jpg

By reading the screen print, Charlie Strong went 5-7 in 2015, so by Vince Young math, that means Charlie Strong went 20-4 in 2014.

A new mythical National Championship Banner it looks like.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Codaxx on this also. The four North Carolina schools really have the ACC locked down to their agenda.

Using the year 2004 as a basis

The SEC is the big dog. Expanded by two, lost none since 2004.
The PAC 12 is on its own island. Expanded by two, lost none since 2004.
The B1G is trying its best to stay relevant. Expanded by three, lost none since 2004.
The ACC is quietly plugging along and it killed the Big East. The ACC did expand to stay relevant. They have expanded by six teams since the year 2004, seven if you throw in Notre Dame. Only lost one.

Big 12 stuck in the middle again. Expanded by two since 2004, but has lost four. 2010, 2011, and 2016 Conference Realignment turmoil. 2014 CFP turmoil, based on their no CCG game probably which let Ohio State slide in. Definitely the Best Drama Conference.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure the ACC is stable, when they have the worst tv deal, and don't even own their own tier 3 content? Also as wild turkey pointed out in a previous thread, the only way the SEC can make more $$$ on expansion is to add a north Carolina and Virginia school. I bet it is the same for the B1G, and the B1G loves them some AAU schools (Virginia & UNC)

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Big12 will expand first or not, but I am still predicting contraction for the B1G, ACC, and/or SEC in due course.

NUTS.

Big 12 has to expand to protect itself, and none of those three will contract.

There is the possibility of the B1G adding two more schools right now because of the TV contracts, end of May and early June are always fun times in the Big 12. If B1G expands, I do not see the SEC or ACC sitting idly by. The PAC 10/12 has also fiddled around with expansion to 16 teams once, I am sure that still remains open.