• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Australian Open 2022.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy. he's had covid, and has natural immunity. they approved his medical exemption, invited him in, and then decided to revoke it and put him in detention. hopefully he brings attention to the covid nazi's there.

if i were him, i'd never play the ao again. and i'd smoke rafa everytime i played him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Nadal to start winning some big matches against Djokovic, but that has nothing to do with what's happened off the court the past few years.

I've been wanting it since 2013, once Djokovic had won enough non clay matchups against Nadal, and I wanted it to be more even, so it would be a better rivalry.

Nadal still hasn't been able to string a few big wins against Djokovic, since then, outside of Roland Garros.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like novaxx is playing, for the moment.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any definitive news on Wawrinka?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djoke is such a diva...and crying about being the victim in all of this.

Sure..he's a great tennis player, no doubt about it....but he shouldn't be given preferential treatment in other countries during a pandemic.

:2cents:

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, what kind of backward country has australia become.

The government’s case included the argument that by allowing the unvaccinated Djokovic to remain in the country, it would incite anti-vaccination sentiments among the population.

“Rightly or wrongly he’s perceived to endorse an anti-vaccination view. And his presence here seems to contribute to that and could lead to more people becoming anti-vaxxers,” government lawyer Stephen Lloyd had said.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it goes.....

Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.

That's his own fault
....not Australia's.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men's Draw:

Top 1/4: This is such a weird bracket, I don't think anyone has a good chance to make the 1/4. Can't see a standout player.

Maybe Berrettini.

Berrettini vs. Querrey quarters: Anything can happen with this kind of a draw. Berrettini in 4.

Zverev's Quarter:

Nadal vs. Zverev Quarter: Nadal in 4.

Tsitsipas' Quarter:

Tiafoe vs. Tsitsipas 4th round: Hopefully it's close, but this could be Tsitsipas in 3.

Tsitsipas to the SF.

Medvedev's Quarter:

Cilic vs. Rublev 3rd round: Hope for a comeback, Cilic in 3.

Cilic vs. Auger-Aliassime 4th round: Don't think Cilic can handle this. Auger-Aliassime in 3.

Isner vs. Medvedev 4th round: I know Isner doesn't do that well here. Plus this is a hard opponent. Medvedev in 3.

Auger-Aliassime vs. Medvedev QF: This might be one of the best matches. Medvedev in 5.

Berrettini vs. Nadal SF: Nadal in 3.

Tsitsipas vs. Medvedev SF: Rooting for Tsitsipas. Tsitsipas in 4.

Nadal vs. Tsitsipas Finals: Nadal in 3.

Women's Draw:

Osaka vs. Barty 4th round:
Don't know why, Barty in 2.

Barty to the SF.

Second 1/4: I have no idea who is coming out of here.

Kevin vs. Azarenka QF: Rooting for the older player. Azarenka in 3.

Muguruza's QF:

Halep vs. Muguruza 4th round: I always pick Halep. Halep in 2.

Halep to the SF.

Sabalenka's QF:

Kerber vs. Kvitova QF: I think Kvitova wins this, Kvitova in 3.

Barty vs. Azarenka SF: I'll keep picking Azarenka, Azarenka in 3.

Halep vs. Kvitova SF: Kvitova in 2.

Azarenka vs. Kvitova Finals: Kvitova in 3.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's coverage isn't as good this year.

They've reduced the hours of TV coverage, and are diverting matches to streams.

Also, a lot of matches aren't even on ESPN3, they're on ESPN+. Which I don't have.

It's going to suck if they do this for the other majors too.

First of all, I don't want to leave a match that started on the DVR, to go to a stream. They used to show all night coverage, so I could browse through my recordings on the DVR.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Monfils is into the 3rd round, with a match tonight (USA time).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, a lot of matches aren't even on ESPN3, they're on ESPN+. Which I don't have.

First of all, I don't want to leave a match that started on the DVR, to go to a stream. They used to show all night coverage, so I could browse through my recordings on the DVR.

i hate it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is horrible this year. They could have at least gave us the entire day session and put the night session on ESPN+.

I have ESPN+ but it is not the same. I have to go into an app which means the typical switching between channels doesn't happen so due to this I hardly been watching outside of whatever they put on ESPN/ESPN2.

Also, what happened to tennis channel coverage? They used to have like 2 hours a day for the first week....it seems like that is gone

Wouldn't be so bad had TC had the 7-9 PM EST then espn 2 with coverage from 9-1:30 AM or something

This coverage is horrible.

They broke something that did not need to be fixed. Disappointing as their GS Tennis coverage was top notch

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be so bad had TC had the 7-9 PM EST then espn 2 with coverage from 9-1:30 AM or something

Yes, I don't think it was every day, but I do remember a lot of days where TC had those 2 hours at the start of the "day" (Melbourne time) session.

Then on the middle Saturday, TC would usually have the entire day/night session.

So far, there was only one day where TC had those 2 hours, they didn't have it most days.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ESPN+ but it is not the same. I have to go into an app which means the typical switching between channels doesn't happen so due to this I hardly been watching outside of whatever they put on ESPN/ESPN2.

I rarely watch tennis on other continents live, but when I go through the DVR, I do like having both channels available, so I can switch between them, depending on what is more interesting.

So far, it's only been one channel per day, not both channels, and they cut back their hours.

I wouldn't mind if the night session was on ESPN 3, because at least that's free. But ESPN+ is not, which means I don't get it.

My preference would be to keep the night session on ESPN/ESPN2, but if they were going to make a change, then ESPN 3 would be less worse than what they are doing now, with ESPN+.