• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Australian Open 2022.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was arguably the greatest match of Nadal's career. Hard to believe he hadn't come back from down 0 - 2 since 2007.

He looked like he was struggling to win most points in the first few sets, although he was up a break twice in the 2nd and lost it both times, then was up a break in the tiebreaker and lost that too.

This is another reason why I've liked the AO the best since 2012. Somehow, I think it just produces the best matches.

I liked how they brought a chair out again for the trophy ceremony, just like in 2012

I've never seen Nadal use drop shots this frequently, like he did for the second half of this match. I just don't remember another time when this was one of his main strategies.

Kind of weird that Nadal served to Medvedev's backhand so often in the second half of the match, but it didn't seem to hurt him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berrettini vs. Nadal SF: Nadal in 3.

Tsitsipas vs. Medvedev SF: Rooting for Tsitsipas. Tsitsipas in 4.

Nadal vs. Tsitsipas Finals: Nadal in 3.

This was a good prediction. I got the 4 semifinalists right, and the winner.

Time for @Old Lion's back patter.

iu

Azarenka vs. Kvitova Finals: Kvitova in 3.

I was back to my normal self with bad predictions. Only had 1 of the 4 semifinalists right, and no winner. Neither of my Finalists made it past the 4th round.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a good prediction. I got the 4 semifinalists right, and the winner.

Time for @Old Lion's back patter.

iu

I was back to my normal self with bad predictions. Only had 1 of the 4 semifinalists right, and no winner. Neither of my Finalists made it past the 4th round.
I had all the men correct. 1 of 4 on the women. Had Collins losing in the quarters to Badosa. Unfortunately with Keys playing Kenin in the first round I could not pick either of them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had all the men correct. 1 of 4 on the women. Had Collins losing in the quarters to Badosa. Unfortunately with Keys playing Kenin in the first round I could not pick either of them.
Wow, good job in predicting Collins to get to the QFs even.