• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 US Open.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel sorry for Fritz. I knew he wasn’t gonna win but rooting for him anyways! I could never get to like Sinner for whatever reason I have no idea, like Djokovic he is hard for me to root for . Americans denied once again. Brings back memories of Fed beating the US players at the American soil. He was at least likeable due to his game and charisma.
It looked like Fritz was at least going to win the 3rd set.

But he didn't.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like Fritz was at least going to win the 3rd set.

But he didn't.
he missed opportunities...and Sinner stepped up and did what he needed to do.

I don't know if Tiafoe would have been any better against Sinner, but maybe. Fritz at least gave Sinner a little bit of a battle

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall great tournament for US players.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Tiafoe that I get is the same thing that existed for James Blake. The only difference is that Maybe Tiafoe is not as nice an on court guy as Blake.

But both their play styles are similar with a lot of effort kind of like how Roddick also played. Tennis if played in an efficient manner conserving energy and proper rhythmic footwork can be much easier to excel in.

Roddick actually got lucky enough to squeeze in one slam win right before Roger and Rafa and others found their proper driving gear.
I don’t think they are teaching it the right way now here in the US especially post 2000 ( Sampras/Agassi) era. Especially after the racquet string and frame technology advanced a notch.

More emphasis is placed now on teaching players to grunt loudly and use gamesmanship rather than play with talent and skill.

I think Sinner has somehow found the right ingredients in his game in the right ratios that gives him a balanced and complete physical and mental game. Alcaraz as well.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Tiafoe that I get is the same thing that existed for James Blake. The only difference is that Maybe Tiafoe is not as nice an on court guy as Blake.

But both their play styles are similar with a lot of effort kind of like how Roddick also played. Tennis if played in an efficient manner conserving energy and proper rhythmic footwork can be much easier to excel in.

Roddick actually got lucky enough to squeeze in one slam win right before Roger and Rafa and others found their proper driving gear.
I don’t think they are teaching it the right way now here in the US especially post 2000 ( Sampras/Agassi) era. Especially after the racquet string and frame technology advanced a notch.

More emphasis is placed now on teaching players to grunt loudly and use gamesmanship rather than play with talent and skill.

I think Sinner has somehow found the right ingredients in his game in the right ratios that gives him a balanced and complete physical and mental game. Alcaraz as well.
you really have some terrible takes on tennis.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking of a comparison between Blake and Tiafoe too a few weeks ago. But it was mostly about how both struggled to finish off good opponents. I think Blake was more frustrating than Tiafoe.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking of a comparison between Blake and Tiafoe too a few weeks ago. But it was mostly about how both struggled to finish off good opponents. I think Blake was more frustrating than Tiafoe.
Both make it look like they are expending a lot of energy and effort and climbing a hill without proper gear! Unfortunately that is the case for most US men player as well. So something not right with the training when they are younger and developing skills. And their mindset is also very weak and not that of a winner.

Hope this trend changes and we have more of exciting players rather than serve bots and drones using just brute power and loud grunting and display of emotions here in the US. And every player is like A DEER LOST IN THE HEADLIGHT at the net especially when they are lured in. So they are executing a mindless baseline power game with little idea about construction of points by exploiting the opponent weakness.

That’s another thing that bugs me. People doing mini and micro celebrations during match….celebrating idiotic points after they win it by accident or from opponent mistakes.

No need to celebrate points when you are behind in the scoreline. Keep the energy for that mini celebration focused on the game and win the match!!