• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Australian Open.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem with women’s tennis is that the racquet technology and the fast balls are beyond their capacity to handle with whatever physical or mental abilities they have. That’s why most points are decided on the inability of one player to handle this and produce an error.

It’s simply hard to watch simply from a true tennis enthusiast point of view. People that watch women’s tennis do it for the Drama or sexual aspect of things because that is all that is left of you take true tennis skills out of their game!
I liked watching Sabalenka in this tourney.

I like watching different types of players. Schiavone when she won the French Open was fun too.

In 2011, there was an awesome match between Schiavone and Kuznetsova at the Australian Open, that went 16-14 in the 3rd, at the Australian Open.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zheng is improving and hopefully can play well at a few other tourneys this year.

Congrats to Sabalenka.

Nice job by Medvedev over Zverev! He was mentally stronger and adjusted his tactics a few times to win that match.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very happy to have woken up to see Sinner beat Djokovic last night! Time for the changing of the guards in men's tennis!
I think people say there's the changing of the guard too often, with these all time greats.

They keep coming back.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabalenka played like she was on a mission all tournament. Very impressive.

Banned from wimbledon, often with no crowd support, she showed a lot of determination to overcome the unfair persecution because she is from belarus.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabalenka played like she was on a mission all tournament. Very impressive.

Banned from wimbledon, often with no crowd support, she showed a lot of determination to overcome the unfair persecution because she is from belarus.
That was in 2022, but yes.

It was worse, in some ways, in 2023. When Belarusian or Russians played Ukranians, the Russians and Ukranians never shook hands. They would just give thumbs up from afar, after the match. I think it also happened at Wimbledon and the US Open.

But it seemed like at the French Open last year, there were a lot of clashes between players from those nations.

Even IF the Russians or Belarusians did not support the war, their opponents from those nations still refused to shake hands.

For example, Kasatkina has publicly called the war a nightmare. When she faced Svitolina at the French Open last year, even though Kasatkina is against the war, Svitolina refused to shake her hand.

Also, I think it's so stupid that the flags from players from those nations are not shown. The players did nothing wrong.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was in 2022, but yes.

It was worse, in some ways, in 2023. When Belarusian or Russians played Ukranians, the Russians and Ukranians never shook hands. They would just give thumbs up from afar, after the match. I think it also happened at Wimbledon and the US Open.

But it seemed like at the French Open last year, there were a lot of clashes between players from those nations.

Even IF the Russians or Belarusians did not support the war, their opponents from those nations still refused to shake hands.

For example, Kasatkina has publicly called the war a nightmare. When she faced Svitolina at the French Open last year, even though Kasatkina is against the war, Svitolina refused to shake her hand.

Also, I think it's so stupid that the flags from players from those nations are not shown. The players did nothing wrong.
I thought it was shameful.

Apparently it made Sabalenka stronger, and we'll see what Medvedev does today.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medvedev with the 1st set break, up 1 - 3.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was shameful.

Apparently it made Sabalenka stronger, and we'll see what Medvedev does today.
I want to see what will happen at the French Open, if a Belarusian or Russian player wins.

Since they play the champion's national anthem at that major, when they win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medvedev is using all of his tools.

Kind of like he did to beat Zverev.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Finals were set, I thought Medvedev had a better chance to win than ESPN gave him credit for.

History has shown that playing a long SF hasn't necessarily been a detriment in the Finals.

Plus Medvedev is a better thinker now than a few years ago.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another Heartbreaker for Medvedev.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not fortunate enough to watch the fantastic match because I had to get up at 6:30am to go to work. But what I gathered from the article on atptour page is that Sinner found and flipped a switch late second set and from there it really didn’t matter what Medvedev was doing at the other end.

Fantastic effort by Sinner! Hope he can win more slams with this type of play! A prime Djokovic level play was displayed by him both in mental and physical/skills aspect of the game!

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 1-5 is slam finals from what I read! Brings back Goran level of sadness and despair!
A tough way to lose, but I guess he lives a good life.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not fortunate enough to watch the fantastic match because I had to get up at 6:30am to go to work. But what I gathered from the article on atptour page is that Sinner found and flipped a switch late second set and from there it really didn’t matter what Medvedev was doing at the other end.

Fantastic effort by Sinner! Hope he can win more slams with this type of play! A prime Djokovic level play was displayed by him both in mental and physical/skills aspect of the game!

Why didn't you call out?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 3 American Men will be top 15 in the new rankings tomorrow

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another Heartbreaker for Medvedev.
It's tough. He gave everything he had this tourney.

The Australian Open seems to have a lot of repeat runner ups.

Andy Murray - 5 runner ups.
Nadal - 4 runner ups (yes I know he won two titles, but that's a lot of runner ups)
Medvedev - 3 runner ups.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I DVRed it.

I watched as much as I could live, then finished the rest in the morning on the DVR.

Sometimes I stay up for the whole Finals, sometimes I DVR part of it. Depends on how attentive I am that night / morning.

I was able to watch midway through the 4th live.

Sinner had good defense the last few rounds.