• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ATL post game

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does any of that not start with winning the game in front of you as the most basic first step?
That's where itstarts far as the winning games go, but going 9-8 or 8-9 every couple of years making the playoffs and losing in the first rd. Than having 2 or 3 seasons in a row finishing in last place or next to last. Only to repeat the cyclee isn't doing this team any good.

Since 2015 to the present the Skins have games against teams with a winning record 5 times and they've won the NFC East twice in that span. What's thatb say? To mew it says the Skins are right back in the same spot that they were in in 2016. Or 2013 or 2008 or 2006 or 2000. The Skins still can't defeat winning teams on a consistent basis. This team is running in knee deep mud and has been for 20 years. Backing into the playoffs as the last wildcard or as champs of the shitty NFC East with a .500 record isn't gonna change anything. The Skins have made no noticeable improvement whatsoever when it comes to winning games.

So I don't care about making the playoffs at 9-8 just so the Skins can be a 1st rd puinching bag for some team they really have no business playing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1st sentence in the 2nd paragraph in the post above should read

Since 2015 to the present the Skins have won games against teams with a winning record 5 times............

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing teams don’t deserve to be considered playoff teams or “winners “ of anything .
If you love your team you don’t tell them they are something they are not .
I have been married for 36 yrs , great yrs , but sometimes my wife has acted like a witch (as have I ) and telling her that doesn’t mean I don’t love her or that I am not a fan .
We won 7 games last year and I have no problem with that . I do have an issue with being a playoff team with a losing record because it’s fake and it’s a fraud .
To celebrate that is to celebrate falsehoods and participation trophies
If your standard of excellence is bush league then your entitled to be Bush league
My standard is higher
I want to be more then a paper champion and buy the falsehood of accomplishing a “division title “ when in fact we are a sub 500 team
To be the best you have to beat the best and anything else is just smoke and mirrors
So crow all you want to about fake titles and inflated feelings of what you are . In the end we got beat as predicted and instead of getting the picks we should have we got worse ones
But for 10 minutes we got a woody which will be forgotten in January and further back in our rebuild then we should have been

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My premise remains.

You try and win the game in front of you, regardless of ramifications.

How a fan views their team in terms of contender/pretender, is on them and a different argument altogether. So is how that maps out the next year in terms of draft picks and scheduling ( no argument from me that it has hurt us, as has injuries, off the field issues, owner, bad product, bad coaching, blah blah blah )

Results ultimately tell the truth for each year.

We have been unable to have continuous success for 30 years, that is undisputed by me for sure.

That’s all I’m saying.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good conversation everyone but any debate that's had on the subject, "winning" whether you're talking about the immediate, or over time, all begin and end by answering the question "how?'

This is a QB driven league and as such you are fortunate to win games as they come or over the long term without a true franchise QB. Washington, with the lone exception of having drafted RGIII, has historically gone with aging vets past their primes, mismatched younger player to coach, or for the most part, middle of the road types, who, really have little chance of doing much during a season, and even less if they trip over themselves into a playoff berth. Here's a look at their historical record beginning in 1999 regarding QB's and I defy anyone to show one instance outside of Griffin in 2012, in which they had a true franchise QB. (I can't wait for the Kirk Cousins jokes to be posted) People say that this team should wait for their guy to come along and/or shouldn't go after a guy when the opportunity presents itself, but after looking at the list below and all of the time that it encompasses, how could anyone creditably still hold such positions?

1633793003690.png

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good conversation everyone but any debate that's had on the subject, "winning" whether you're talking about the immediate, or over time, all begin and end by answering the question "how?'

This is a QB driven league and as such you are fortunate to win games as they come or over the long term without a true franchise QB. Washington, with the lone exception of having drafted RGIII, has historically gone with aging vets past their primes, mismatched younger player to coach, or for the most part, middle of the road types, who, really have little chance of doing much during a season, and even less if they trip over themselves into a playoff berth. Here's a look at their historical record beginning in 1999 regarding QB's and I defy anyone to show one instance outside of Griffin in 2012, in which they had a true franchise QB. (I can't wait for the Kirk Cousins jokes to be posted) People say that this team should wait for their guy to come along and/or shouldn't go after a guy when the opportunity presents itself, but after looking at the list below and all of the time that it encompasses, how could anyone creditably still hold such positions?

View attachment 281291
KC was a franchise qb for us . He just wasn’t good enough for the fan base and brucifer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My premise remains.

You try and win the game in front of you, regardless of ramifications.

How a fan views their team in terms of contender/pretender, is on them and a different argument altogether. So is how that maps out the next year in terms of draft picks and scheduling ( no argument from me that it has hurt us, as has injuries, off the field issues, owner, bad product, bad coaching, blah blah blah )

Results ultimately tell the truth for each year.

We have been unable to have continuous success for 30 years, that is undisputed by me for sure.

That’s all I’m saying.
No one is saying don’t try and win the game in front of you .

Just don’t tell 7-9 makes you a playoff team and that it should be celebrated as some kind of achievement to be proud of

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying don’t try and win the game in front of you .

Just don’t tell 7-9 makes you a playoff team and that it should be celebrated as some kind of achievement to be proud of
Thats what I’ve been saying all along. 2 types of arguments going on. Winning and the consequences of winning (when you have an average team)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was a franchise qb for us . He just wasn’t good enough for the fan base and brucifer
Ha! That's a good one!!

He wasn't a franchise QB here, just better than we had seen in a while, which was/is an extremely low bar.

Now, even if I go with what you've suggested, how is it that he's replicated his middle-of-the-road status on a championship ready team?

Let's not act like we aren't on the same page regarding what a franchise QB is these days. So, here's how best to define it... take ANY of the top QB's in the league and put them on this team, if this team is mentioned as playoff and/or SB contenders with that addition, then that player is one of them. Put Kirk Cousins back on this team and they become what they were when he was first here (stable) or worse considering what he inherited when he signed with the Vikes, when he became the substitute weak link for the guy he replaced.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to side with Cali here. You play to win, not to get a higher draft pick. If you are playing (tanking) for a higher draft pick you'll never be good. For almost a year I hoped the WTF would be able to draft Micah Parsons but when it came down to winning I chose lets win.

If you were 10 in 1991 when the Skins last won a Super Bowl, you are now 40 and you'll think of the Skins as one of the worse teams in football. This team should not be included in any discussion as a perennial winner. There is nothing in the 20+ years that Snyder has been owner that we should expect more. Year in and year out this just isn't a good football team.

Herm said it and I agree, you play to win the game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing teams don’t deserve to be considered playoff teams or “winners “ of anything .
If you love your team you don’t tell them they are something they are not .
I have been married for 36 yrs , great yrs , but sometimes my wife has acted like a witch (as have I ) and telling her that doesn’t mean I don’t love her or that I am not a fan .
We won 7 games last year and I have no problem with that . I do have an issue with being a playoff team with a losing record because it’s fake and it’s a fraud .
To celebrate that is to celebrate falsehoods and participation trophies
If your standard of excellence is bush league then your entitled to be Bush league
My standard is higher
I want to be more then a paper champion and buy the falsehood of accomplishing a “division title “ when in fact we are a sub 500 team
To be the best you have to beat the best and anything else is just smoke and mirrors
So crow all you want to about fake titles and inflated feelings of what you are . In the end we got beat as predicted and instead of getting the picks we should have we got worse ones
But for 10 minutes we got a woody which will be forgotten in January and further back in our rebuild then we should have been
Somebody buy this man ^^^^ a pancake breakfast. If I was there I'd do it my damn self. Well said.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t conflate being 7-9 and making the playoffs with tanking .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! That's a good one!!

He wasn't a franchise QB here, just better than we had seen in a while, which was/is an extremely low bar.

Now, even if I go with what you've suggested, how is it that he's replicated his middle-of-the-road status on a championship ready team?

Let's not act like we aren't on the same page regarding what a franchise QB is these days. So, here's how best to define it... take ANY of the top QB's in the league and put them on this team, if this team is mentioned as playoff and/or SB contenders with that addition, then that player is one of them. Put Kirk Cousins back on this team and they become what they were when he was first here (stable) or worse considering what he inherited when he signed with the Vikes, when he became the substitute weak link for the guy he replaced.
What championship team? The Vikings were no championship team at all and the team he took over was not the same team from the previous year as their defense pulled a WFT defense

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What championship team? The Vikings were no championship team at all and the team he took over was not the same team from the previous year as their defense pulled a WFT defense
I really don't want to waste any energy over Kirk Cousins, but the Vikings paid him because they thought that he was the missing piece to their championship caliber team. That is fact! What's also factual about true franchise QB's is their ability to limit their defense's exposure and forcing opposing offenses to score by keeping drives going and eventually scoring TD's. Cousins is not that type of QB, never has been, never will be.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root for the Skins to win until they have officially been eliminated from playoff contention. After that I hope they lose, but still find myself cheering for them during the game.

Then when it's over and they did lose, I am somewhat bummed, but relieved. The psychosis of being a Skins fan in the Dan Snyder era.

I miss that grumpy old man in the tweed hat and trench coat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my predictions aside, I want them to win every game and root for them accordingly. One is my head the other my heart.

As a much younger man, these games played a part in my disposition following wins and losses. As a much older man I'm beyond internalizing what this team does and see the games as mere entertainment. This doesn't preclude me from following the ups and downs of my hometown team, making comments on boards like this one or making suggestions and/or commentary about one issue or the other.

All said, there's zero nobility in professional football! I know factually that there have been teams that have tanked for better draft position and others that have refused to do so, at least publicly, opting instead to make the bold moves that improves their team. Either way, you cannot be afraid to do what's best for your team, especially when you've tried and not succeeded before.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
― Thomas Edison

You have to admit, Washington, outside of the Griffin move, seems to have given up!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my predictions aside, I want them to win every game and root for them accordingly. One is my head the other my heart.

As a much younger man, these games played a part in my disposition following wins and losses. As a much older man I'm beyond internalizing what this team does and see the games as mere entertainment. This doesn't preclude me from following the ups and downs of my hometown team, making comments on boards like this one or making suggestions and/or commentary about one issue or the other.

All said, there's zero nobility in professional football! I know factually that there have been teams that have tanked for better draft position and others that have refused to do so, at least publicly, opting instead to make the bold moves that improves their team. Either way, you cannot be afraid to do what's best for your team, especially when you've tried and not succeeded before.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
― Thomas Edison

You have to admit, Washington, outside of the Griffin move, seems to have given up!

Well said!