• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ATL post game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not in panic mode , i am in lets take the rose colored glasses off mode and honestly look at what this team is instead of blind homerism

You have been negative in the majority of your posts this year. Fans know we are not a powerhouse type team but we are good enough to maybe get the last wildcard or possibly win the division. If we are 6-6 going into the first Dallas game we have a chance.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been negative in the majority of your posts this year. Fans know we are not a powerhouse type team but we are good enough to maybe get the last wildcard or possibly win the division. If we are 6-6 going into the first Dallas game we have a chance.
Fans know what their team really is

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner on Heineys dangerous toss to Terry 4th quarter... gets what he saw but definitely, ‘walking the line’

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if we’ll even see Samuel this week.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds a little like you'd be happy with another losing season if the Skins somehow back into the playoffs again. Can't we shoot for a little higher than the last wildcard spot or being the best bad team in the worst division in football? If not I'd just as soon they get the best possible in the draft than see how they fuck that up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds a little like you'd be happy with another losing season if the Skins somehow back into the playoffs again. Can't we shoot for a little higher than the last wildcard spot or being the best bad team in the worst division in football? If not I'd just as soon they get the best possible in the draft than see how they fuck that up.
I advocated that last year but it wasn’t received well . What would parsons be like here ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your optimism man!! :thumb:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I advocated that last year but it wasn’t received well . What would parsons be like here ?
Parsons - Better than anyone presently on the roster.

Last year - Yeah, while I wanted the Skins to have a winning record last year, I was excited about them maklng the playoffs myself. In the end though making the playoffs didn't serve the Skins well. And if a fan were to be OK with that happening again this year. I'd opine that they are either very short-sighted or extremely selfish.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons - Better than anyone presently on the roster.

Last year - Yeah, while I wanted the Skins to have a winning record last year, I was excited about them maklng the playoffs myself. In the end though making the playoffs didn't serve the Skins well. And if a fan were to be OK with that happening again this year. I'd opine that they are either very short-sighted or extremely selfish.
It was a Catch 22. I was hoping for Parson and they needed to lose to even have a chance. Not that I know RR would have drafted him but he would have been an idiot not too. I also hoped making the playoffs would be some sort of catalyst ... WTH was I thinking. It is a Snyder owned team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I would be happy with another playoff birth no matter what the record is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would be happy with another playoff birth no matter what the record is.
c'mon dean. Aspire to something higher than that. Aside from the surprise that was TH last year. The playoffs did nothing positive for the Skins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with Dean here.

I NEVER look at games like they should be won strategically for draft and scheduling reasons.

If ya don’t wanna win, GTFOOH. That’s why ya play the game.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wanted to get in last year.

Getting in last year definitely hurt our draft position and probably gave the team false confidence which is hurting us this year.

That said, Dan pledging to be hands off when it comes to Ron was a breath of fresh air and I think the playoff birth bought Ron a little more time which is a good thing if you don't want Dan meddling.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon dean. Aspire to something higher than that. Aside from the surprise that was TH last year. The playoffs did nothing positive for the Skins.

Of course its a positive.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with Dean here.

I NEVER look at games like they should be won strategically for draft and scheduling reasons.

If ya don’t wanna win, GTFOOH. That’s why ya play the game.
Of course I want the Skins to win. Saying anything other-wise is just silly. Going 7-9 and getting immediately ass paddled out of the playoffs in rd 1 is not my definition of winning though. The last 6 times thhe Skins went to the playoffs they are a collective 2-6 and it was only in those first two years, 99 n 05, that a Skins team really had a shot to make some noise. A long shot no doubt, but a shot. The last 4 times the Skins have been to the playoffs its been strictly as pretender status not contender status. Couple that with the fact that in 5 of the 6 seasons after going to the playoffs. The Skins don't bust a grape and fall right back to square 1. To me that's taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. That isn't winning either. Not to me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wanted to get in last year.

Getting in last year definitely hurt our draft position and probably gave the team false confidence which is hurting us this year.

That said, Dan pledging to be hands off when it comes to Ron was a breath of fresh air and I think the playoff birth bought Ron a little more time which is a good thing if you don't want Dan meddling.
Most here wanted to get in last year! Some wanted to merely as a qualifier, some thought that it represented hope, and some believed that as an experience it was something that could be built upon this year. I believe that the false confidence came from all three of these perspectives and that there is direct line that can be drawn from all of these things to what appears to be resentment towards others who don't appear as enthusiastic about possible outcome of games this year... THUS FAR!!

Note the qualifier "thus far" as it is likely still part of the continued hope of a turn-a-round based on our defense ultimately coming around.

BTW; when you referred to hurting our draft position, my thoughts immediately turned to that Philly game in which they inexplicitly pulled Jalen Hurts, when it looked like they could actually win that game. I'll never believe that they didn't do this for the sole purpose of getting better draft position.

I totally agree with you that the playoff berth bought Rivera hands off time with respect to Snyder's intervening, but if Rivera is concerned about that, perhaps the players, well aware of such a tenuous situation, aren't responding to their coach because of it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I want the Skins to win. Saying anything other-wise is just silly. Going 7-9 and getting immediately ass paddled out of the playoffs in rd 1 is not my definition of winning though. The last 6 times thhe Skins went to the playoffs they are a collective 2-6 and it was only in those first two years, 99 n 05, that a Skins team really had a shot to make some noise. A long shot no doubt, but a shot. The last 4 times the Skins have been to the playoffs its been strictly as pretender status not contender status. Couple that with the fact that in 5 of the 6 seasons after going to the playoffs. The Skins don't bust a grape and fall right back to square 1. To me that's taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. That isn't winning either. Not to me.
i think we are addressing 2 different facets of winning. Winning games at a basic level and a winning franchise with winning management, coaching and philosophy

Add in some really bad injuries and off the field juju to it, you’ve got us

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we are addressing 2 different facets of winning. Winning games at a basic level and a winning franchise with winning management, coaching and philosophy

Add in some really bad injuries and off the field juju to it, you’ve got us
Nah, it all relates to one another and the bottom line is. You're never gonna be a winning franchise by winning a shitty division every 3 or 4 years with a near, at or below .500 record then get immediately bounced out the playoffs. While finishing in 3rd or 4th place during the in-between years of winning the shitty division.

Winning the NFC East with a 9-8 record or 8-9 record while losing to every team you play in the regular season that has a winning record. Then exiting the playoifs in the first rd isn't doing shit for this team. Except pushing their draft picks further back in the draft.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it all relates to one another and the bottom line is. You're never gonna be a winning franchise by winning a shitty division every 3 or 4 years with a near, at or below .500 record then get immediately bounced out the playoffs. While finishing in 3rd or 4th place during the in-between years of winning the shitty division.

Winning the NFC East with a 9-8 record or 8-9 record while losing to every team you play in the regular season that has a winning record. Then exiting the playoifs in the first rd isn't doing shit for this team. Except pushing their draft picks further back in the draft.
How does any of that not start with winning the game in front of you as the most basic first step?