• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This....... in the Darius case, it happened in the off-season. he did not play in any games until he was cleared.:gaah:

Same with Julio Jones if i'm not mistaken:doh:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think one of us has said its not, so please feel free to show where one of us has if you can.

What is being argued is that the University itself has been very proactive and is doing all the right things to keep this from being a major hit, and their is precedence in similar cases to say this is true.

Yes you are right. Very proactive in coaches paying their football players/

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the same denials that BAMA fans ran a month ago.

The issue was not the Fluker incident, but it was the likelihood of the NCAA snooping around and finding more stuff (which they did almost immediately).

And now it will be a program under a full probe at every little nook and cranny.
The investigation of everything Bama will be put on steroids now.

Alabama is still on probation of sorts thanks to a "REPEAT OFFENDER" clause.

That is what Tide fans need to fear the most.
If anything else is discovered, we could be looking at draconian penalties.

I suspect the Nick Saban to ______________ rumors start again immediately a'la Pete Carroll.

Doubtful considering the NCAA is itself under close scrutiny and not firing on all cylinders right now. With the revamp of the whole system currently being discussed, I dont see them throwing the baby out with the bathwater at this point to make a point, when they are clearly restructuring the rules and the way the NCAA handles punishments.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the first time any of this has happened. Sure, you can 'suspend indefinitely.' It is very difficult to even believe this was a one time thing considering Bama's past and their prior allegations. Repeat offender status is a lot bigger than just suspending a player indefinitely in the eyes of the NCAA

I just don't know what you are all trying to do by legitimizing everything like it's no big deal.

Teams who are not relevant don't have these issues very often! :whistle: Guess their programs are clean as a whistle? No wonder they have all the answers...:nod:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This....... in the Darius case, it happened in the off-season. he did not play in any games until he was cleared.:gaah:

It doesn't matter like that. It's about when you knew what you knew. Look at Ohio St with the tattoo thing for example. All those players played that entire year, but they were still allowed to keep the wins and then play in a bowl game. The NCAA didn't come down hard until after the fact when the cover up become known. That is what then fucked them.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I see is ...

you (meaning Alabama fans) are expecting the NCAA to be fair and consistent with their rulings and punishments.

And to this I say .....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right. Very proactive in coaches paying their football players/

Not that it's right but if we are to believe the story, and not cherry pick, what money did he give him? It was a loan and paid back. :noidea:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams who are not relevant don't have these issues very often! :whistle: Guess their programs are clean as a whistle? No wonder they have all the answers...:nod:

now thats just plain rude.

Their self worth at VaTech probably doesnt hinge on their football teams success as you suggest it does with you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now thats just plain rude.

Their self worth at VaTech probably doesnt hinge on their football teams success as you suggest it does with you.

Feel free to go fuck yourself at any time.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama strikes again.

What a shock.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nicholas.gif

Nice deflection, now show where one Alabama fan has stated its not a violation of the rules. I am waiting......

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deflection, now show where one Alabama fan has stated its not a violation of the rules. I am waiting......

read the first sentence of the two posts that I quoted, then reread my post....I understand bama fans are upset, and a little scared...but don't forget how to pick up sarcasm

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not trolling? Just to clarify.

Not that it's right but if we are to believe the story, and not cherry pick, what money did he give him? It was a loan and paid back. :noidea:

It's ok, he is a mod.

It's only trolling if someone else does it and mods don't agree with their side! :laugh3:

Ya, it was trolling. But was my statement not true?

A coach was proactive in paying players.

adjective: proactive; adjective: pro-active
(of a person, policy, or action) creating or controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the first sentence of the two posts that I quoted, then reread my post....I understand bama fans are upset, and a little scared...but don't forget how to pick up sarcasm

sorry, missed that, you forgot the sarcasm font:doh: