• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Anytime a player gets impermissible benefits, he is required to pay it back before being reinstated. I remember Marcel Darius having to pay back the airplane ticket cost before he could play back in 2010.

2. The NCAA comes down when schools try to cover it up, don't do anything to fix it, and so on. That is not the case here. Just look at Ohio St. It wasn't the tats that fucked them, it was the cover up.
-

This is my biggest problem with the NCAA. It is more about your cooperation than your crime.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing is annoying, but not as annoying as the other fans trying to blow it up more than what it is...

If our institution had done nothing about this, I'd be worried, but the coach and player are being dealt with. Looks like things are in control to me.
-
You institution gave a player at your institution money. Not a rogue booster. Coach giving a kid money is a much bigger deal than a booster.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my biggest problem with the NCAA. It is more about your cooperation than your crime.

My biggest problem is that they punish the innocent rather than the guilty. Explain to me why the entire Alabama program should be punished for the actions of 2 individuals?

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You institution gave a player at your institution money. Not a rogue booster. Coach giving a kid money is a much bigger deal than a booster.

A coach gave it, and the institution dealt with it.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing is annoying, but not as annoying as the other fans trying to blow it up more than what it is...

If our institution had done nothing about this, I'd be worried, but the coach and player are being dealt with. Looks like things are in control to me.

SPUAT!!!!!

:happy:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Okay....how do you suppose Alabama intervenes and stops Davis from giving HaHa a loan? Is it really even possible if these two did it in private?

That's why it matters more how we deal with this, than the crime itself. It can't possibly be prevented, but dealing with it swiftly is what I love to see from our program. Honestly, what else can I ask of Alabama?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as far as being scared of Bama???? Nervous as fuck would be moar like it.

None the less. To be the best you would have to beat the best.

And if you are disqualified from post season play, you cant be the best.

Same here. Especially this season.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to this. It is a clear cut violation of a rule. Wasnt a booster and it mentions nothing about a player paying back the money and everything is all good.

NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2, which states that “an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money.”

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay....how do you suppose Alabama intervenes and stops Davis from giving HaHa a loan? Is it really even possible if these two did it in private?

That's why it matters more how we deal with this, than the crime itself. It can't possibly be prevented, but dealing with it swiftly is what I love to see from our program. Honestly, what else can I ask of Alabama?
Its a much bigger deal, because this is a representative of your school. You were passing it off like the "institution" did nothing, which is some serious BS. The coach is a part of University of Alabama, at least he was at the time of the incident

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to this. It is a clear cut violation of a rule. Wasnt a booster and it mentions nothing about a player paying back the money and everything is all good.

Nobody is saying it wasn't a violation. The point is the violation was dealt with properly and that is why I am not worried.

Not sure why you don't get that.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a violation of the rule as it is written. And I have always agreed the wrong folks get punished. Bama has punished the player taking money and put the coach on leave.

This goes back to the NCAA being fair or not. It isnt, but if a rule was broken... Then a rule was broken.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a much bigger deal, because this is a representative of your school. You were passing it off like the "institution" did nothing, which is some serious BS. The coach is a part of University of Alabama, at least he was at the time of the incident

Ummm so when a postal worker goes crazy with a shotgun, it's the institutional government going crazy?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what he's trying to say is, in the past we've had a player receive airfare....which is impermissible benefits, he was ineligible, but when he paid back the money, he was reinstated. If I'm not mistaken..could be...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he's trying to say is, in the past we've had a player receive airfare....which is impermissible benefits, he was ineligible, but when he paid back the money, he was reinstated. If I'm not mistaken..could be...

That is one example of it. :nod:

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't think anyone is saying that it isn't a violation. I'm sure something will come of it. I think what they're trying to say is that it doesn't constitute Loss of Institutional Control. LOIC gets you post season bans and vacated wins. EVERY team breaks a rule now and again, and most deal with it internally and self-report to the NCAA to show that they are in control on the situation. That is what they think is happening here.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying it wasn't a violation. The point is the violation was dealt with properly and that is why I am not worried.

Not sure why you don't get that.

Because you are relating a potential LIC penalty to a one time violation.

LIC usually results in Skolly redux. THis would not be considered LIC.

Take the Fluker thing out. Lets let the HAHA deal stand as an isolated incident. He played for Bama 2013 and violated a rule. The games in which he played, by NCAA law, is a violation of NCAA rules and would result in a vacate in the wins he played in and a post season ban.

I am the one that is wondering how you dont understand that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one example of it. :nod:
-
and the Fab 5 is another example that went the other way. I thought maybe the Baylor coach got busted on a loan to players.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so you're saying this is a recurring problem......

:think:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are relating a potential LIC penalty to a one time violation.

LIC usually results in Skolly redux. THis would not be considered LIC.

Take the Fluker thing out. Lets let the HAHA deal stand as an isolated incident. He played for Bama 2013 and violated a rule. The games in which he played, by NCAA law, is a violation of NCAA rules and would result in a vacate in the wins he played in and a post season ban.

I am the one that is wondering how you dont understand that.

Vacating wins does not equal a post season ban. If they vacate the wins so far this season, it won't even matter.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
and the Fab 5 is another example that went the other way. I thought maybe the Baylor coach got busted on a loan to players.

The Fab 5 paid back their stuff?