• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what is LIC anymore. Chip Kelly was part of the Seatrunk drama, forged evidence, and the got no LIC. NFL Coach just got a "show cause". The bar is pretty high, so you are probably in the clear there.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what is LIC anymore. Chip Kelly was part of the Seatrunk drama, forged evidence, and the got no LIC. NFL Coach just got a "show cause". The bar is pretty high, so you are probably in the clear there.

:hope:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fab 5 paid back their stuff?
only was proved they took loans, not payments. I doubt the NCAA characterized it as a "forgivable loan"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a much bigger deal, because this is a representative of your school. You were passing it off like the "institution" did nothing, which is some serious BS. The coach is a part of University of Alabama, at least he was at the time of the incident

And while you guys want this to be a big deal, I feel it simply wont and here is why.

1. As soon as it came to light, the University fired the coach, put the player on indefinite suspension, informed the NCAA of the violation and started its own investigation. This shows the University to not only be very cooperative to the NCAA, it also shows they were trying to stay compliant and rogue individuals caused a problem that was dealt with in the severest manner possible. The only way to deal with it any more harshly is to have a public execution and that is illegal in this day and time.

In the past there have been similar cases of boosters(still a representative of the university, same as a coach), coaches and players who have done similar acts and had to repay the money. Julio Jones himself was caught in an incident that was innocent in nature but he had to repay the money and the NCAA counted it as a secondary violation that was reported and dealt with properly. It becomes a big deal if the NCAA finds out before its reported and if it wasnt dealt with. Trying to cover it up gets you a big investigation, not reporting it and not dealing with it gets you a big investigation, not compliance and proactive punishment while reporting it immediately.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way ahead of ourselves, including me. It almost always comes down to cooperation of the institution. If they are very cooperative and did their due diligence usually penalties are minor. Go check the record book. It's the one's who are arrogant and try to hide things that get slammed. Hopefully we learned our lesson when Stalling threw an NCAA investigator out of his office. We got slammed for jack shit! Langham got $400 and signed a napkin with an agent then changed his mind. For that we lost scholarships, vacated wins and probation.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish that these types of crimes could be punishable by the death penalty.......the ACTUAL death penalty....meaning, I wish Davis could be lethally injected for even putting us through this goddamn stress.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying it wasn't a violation. The point is the violation was dealt with properly and that is why I am not worried.

Not sure why you don't get that.

Don't think anyone is saying that it isn't a violation. I'm sure something will come of it. I think what they're trying to say is that it doesn't constitute Loss of Institutional Control. LOIC gets you post season bans and vacated wins. EVERY team breaks a rule now and again, and most deal with it internally and self-report to the NCAA to show that they are in control on the situation. That is what they think is happening here.

why wont you bama folks just admit it was a violation????

Michael-Scott-Angry-Office.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish that these types of crimes could be punishable by the death penalty.......the ACTUAL death penalty....meaning, I wish Davis could be lethally injected for even putting us through this goddamn stress.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see people charged with fraud for this stuff. I think that would put an end to it pretty darn quick. They claimed to be eligible when they weren't.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the same denials that BAMA fans ran a month ago.

The issue was not the Fluker incident, but it was the likelihood of the NCAA snooping around and finding more stuff (which they did almost immediately).

And now it will be a program under a full probe at every little nook and cranny.
The investigation of everything Bama will be put on steroids now.

Alabama is still on probation of sorts thanks to a "REPEAT OFFENDER" clause.

That is what Tide fans need to fear the most.
If anything else is discovered, we could be looking at draconian penalties.

I suspect the Nick Saban to ______________ rumors start again immediately a'la Pete Carroll.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could almost list all the people who would and will continue to say Alabama will get slammed for this. You know who you are! :behindsofa: They want so bad for it to be true. Can't win on the field. Take the next best thing!

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are relating a potential LIC penalty to a one time violation.

LIC usually results in Skolly redux. THis would not be considered LIC.

Take the Fluker thing out. Lets let the HAHA deal stand as an isolated incident. He played for Bama 2013 and violated a rule. The games in which he played, by NCAA law, is a violation of NCAA rules and would result in a vacate in the wins he played in and a post season ban.

I am the one that is wondering how you dont understand that.

This....... in the Darius case, it happened in the off-season. he did not play in any games until he was cleared.:gaah:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think as many people are hoping you get slammed as much as you all (Bama posters) would be realistic. A coach and employee of the university giving money to a player of a program who has had money allegations come up multiple times in the past, is a big deal

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think as many people are hoping you get slammed as much as you all (Bama posters) would be realistic. A coach and employee of the university giving money to a player of a program who has had money allegations come up multiple times in the past, is a big deal

What would the NCAA do in this case?

What did Alabama do?

When Alabama does what the NCAA would do, then what is the big deal?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the NCAA do in this case?

What did Alabama do?

When Alabama does what the NCAA would do, then what is the big deal?

It's not the first time any of this has happened. Sure, you can 'suspend indefinitely.' It is very difficult to even believe this was a one time thing considering Bama's past and their prior allegations. Repeat offender status is a lot bigger than just suspending a player indefinitely in the eyes of the NCAA

I just don't know what you are all trying to do by legitimizing everything like it's no big deal.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wont you bama folks just admit it was a violation????

Michael-Scott-Angry-Office.gif

I dont think one of us has said its not, so please feel free to show where one of us has if you can.

What is being argued is that the University itself has been very proactive and is doing all the right things to keep this from being a major hit, and their is precedence in similar cases to say this is true.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the first time any of this has happened. Sure, you can 'suspend indefinitely.' It is very difficult to even believe this was a one time thing considering Bama's past and their prior allegations.

I just don't know what you are all trying to do by legitimizing everything like it's no big deal.

So we've gone to "difficult to believe" now?

Obviously it was a big enough deal for Alabama to fire the coach and suspend the player. I just don't think it's a big deal beyond that because it's being handled properly. It's exactly what the NCAA would do, so that means it's being handled right.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think one of us has said its not, so please feel free to show where one of us has if you can.

What is being argued is that the University itself has been very proactive and is doing all the right things to keep this from being a major hit, and their is precedence in similar cases to say this is true.

nicholas.gif