• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a player need $500? If he did not have it during the summer, when he could be working at Disney World(he is from Orlando), how did he get it to pay it back when he was in training camp and practicing?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a player need $500? If he did not have it during the summer, when he could be working at Disney World(he is from Orlando), how did he get it to pay it back when he was in training camp and practicing?

They "why" is not the matter, its that he got it. Why is only going to come into play with the NCAA. According to sources it was repaid before the first game was played this year and he will only be suspended for a few games by the NCAA, as well as the coach who gave him the loan. Similar cases have happened in the past few years with other teams and this was the punishment in those cases.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we just have this thread a few weeks ago?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we just have this thread a few weeks ago?

Nope, but nice try. That was on a yahoo article that turned out to have some big holes in its research, from several things i have read.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but nice try. That was on a yahoo article that turned out to have some big holes in its research, from several things i have read.

Stages-of-grief.jpg

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't THAT tough to understand. The coach in question knew the rules and blatantly violated them by giving a player a loan. I find it convenient that despite being connected to an agent, the coach claims the agent had no part of this. Anyway, because it was an employee of the University of Alabama that did it, the University of Alabama technically had knowledge of it. Therefore, Clinton-Dix played in games when he was ineligible since he accepted impermissible benefits, and Alabama should have to forfeit those games at the very least.

It doesn't matter if it happened before the first game as UofA knew about it and waited until their easiest run of games to report it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not in a grief situation. If something happens i will endure, have before, will again i am sure. Have you heard anything else about that situation since the article broke, or that the NCAA has alerted the schools of an impending investigation. That says volumes if your listening.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't THAT tough to understand. The coach in question knew the rules and blatantly violated them by giving a player a loan. I find it convenient that despite being connected to an agent, the coach claims the agent had no part of this. Anyway, because it was an employee of the University of Alabama that did it, the University of Alabama technically had knowledge of it. Therefore, Clinton-Dix played in games when he was ineligible since he accepted impermissible benefits, and Alabama should have to forfeit those games at the very least.

It doesn't matter if it happened before the first game as UofA knew about it and waited until their easiest run of games to report it.

NCAA compliance experts say HaHa Clinton-Dix violation 'not that serious' | al.com

According to these experts its not as damning as you want to make it, but lets listen to you since clearly they are the experts and your just an internet poster. Why not let it play out instead of making predictions of things your not an expert on.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread proves we need a poll. What fan base is the easiest to troll? I am voting Bama. You kids are funny

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in a grief situation. If something happens i will endure, have before, will again i am sure. Have you heard anything else about that situation since the article broke, or that the NCAA has alerted the schools of an impending investigation. That says volumes if your listening.

I am not arguing that Bama will not be investigated. I totally agree that this is a serious offense. I do believe "we" will receive some type of punishment. At this point in time, it is too early to speculate on the severity, though. More information will come down the pike and this will take many turns before its conclusion.

If Bama reported themselves, I think the penalties will be much less severe than if they tried to cover it up. If the university cooperates fully in the investigation, I think it lessens the chance of maximum punishment. If the player repaid the load before the season began and the only ones who knew were the coach and the player, I think the chances that 'we' get off better than if he still owed the money. But who knows until they actually investigate?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense that a VT fan would have this handy after their last few seasons. :)

Makes sense that a Bammer would bring up VT in a bama cheating thread when VT has nothing to do with the situation and has been clean as a whistle on the NCAA front for 25+ years. :dance:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA compliance experts say HaHa Clinton-Dix violation 'not that serious' | al.com

According to these experts its not as damning as you want to make it, but lets listen to you since clearly they are the experts and your just an internet poster. Why not let it play out instead of making predictions of things your not an expert on.

Yeah fantastic article from AL.COM...

What they fail to mention is that UofA knew about it, and first reported it when it was convenient for them to do so. A cover up for 4 weeks should add to the "not that serious" penalties that this article refers to. Alabama played an ineligible player, and at least one coach knew it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll put you down as being in the "denial" stage then. :yahoo:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate on haters.

"Harris made a short-term loan to Clinton-Dix in an amount less than $500, after Clinton-Dix's car was broken into on the night of June 25 or the morning of June 26. TideSports.com has obtained the police report filed by Clinton-Dix after the break-in, detailing the theft of money, an iPad, a backpack and sandals - both embroidered with Clinton-Dix's jersey number (No. 6) - stereo speaker sub-woofers, miscellaneous shirts and Nike Air Jordan shoes.

The police report states that Clinton-Dix's black and gray 2012 Dodge Charger was parked at his residence on the 4500 block of East 18th Avenue. Clinton-Dix is not identified by name on the police report due to Tuscaloosa Police Department policy not to list victims of crimes on such reports.

Clinton-Dix has provided bank records to UA athletic compliance department representatives that show a withdrawal in the amount he said he repaid to Harris, TideSports.com has learned."

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate on haters.

"Harris made a short-term loan to Clinton-Dix in an amount less than $500, after Clinton-Dix's car was broken into on the night of June 25 or the morning of June 26. TideSports.com has obtained the police report filed by Clinton-Dix after the break-in, detailing the theft of money, an iPad, a backpack and sandals - both embroidered with Clinton-Dix's jersey number (No. 6) - stereo speaker sub-woofers, miscellaneous shirts and Nike Air Jordan shoes.

The police report states that Clinton-Dix's black and gray 2012 Dodge Charger was parked at his residence on the 4500 block of East 18th Avenue. Clinton-Dix is not identified by name on the police report due to Tuscaloosa Police Department policy not to list victims of crimes on such reports.

Clinton-Dix has provided bank records to UA athletic compliance department representatives that show a withdrawal in the amount he said he repaid to Harris, TideSports.com has learned."
:laugh3:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate on haters.

I just got a a Maurice Clarett flashback