• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play Jimmy G and the 49ers this week.

Remember. The Ravens have been injury-free this year and there are still five games to play. The Patriots lost to them and didn't have a full team. The 49ers are also at full strength. I'm sure that the Patriots and Ravens will meet again as long as both teams remain as healthy as they are now. Given that, if the Patriots keep the #1 seed, they will beat the Ravens in Foxboro in January.

Playing against the 49ers in Miami in February will be a huge challenge. Unless AB comes back.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play Jimmy G and the 49ers this week.

Remember. The Ravens have been injury-free this year and there are still five games to play. The Patriots lost to them and didn't have a full team. The 49ers are also at full strength. I'm sure that the Patriots and Ravens will meet again as long as both teams remain as healthy as they are now. Given that, if the Patriots keep the #1 seed, they will beat the Ravens in Foxboro in January.

Playing against the 49ers in Miami in February will be a huge challenge. Unless AB comes back.
What would make you think AB is coming back? I can't see that happening.

I am also unsure the Pats can beat the Ravens. That Ravens team is loaded on both side of the ball. I am real interested in the 9ers / Ravens battle.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Ravens/49’ers game could be a SuperBowl preview. I had doubts we could beat the Chiefs last year in the playoffs and I was wrong. Hope I’m wrong about the Ravens too. Hard to stay positive the way they kicked our dicks in earlier.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Ravens/49’ers game could be a SuperBowl preview. I had doubts we could beat the Chiefs last year in the playoffs and I was wrong. Hope I’m wrong about the Ravens too. Hard to stay positive the way they kicked our dicks in earlier.
Agreed. I was pretty sure we would be the Chiefs but this Ravens team at the moment looks unstoppable

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens didn't beat the Patriots that badly considering the personnel that the Patriots lined up against them. Another thing to remember is that Belichick rarely has ever been beaten twice in the same season by any team. Everyone was expecting a good game last night but the Rams are not the Rams of last year and it showed last night. The Jets or Dolphins would give the Rams fits.

I think that the Ravens are beatable but the offense will have play within their own ability and not try to play long ball or drive the ball into the middle of the DL. I also think that they will be amped up and way too over confident when the playoffs come around. They might get taken out in the divisional round.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens didn't beat the Patriots that badly considering the personnel that the Patriots lined up against them. Another thing to remember is that Belichick rarely has ever been beaten twice in the same season by any team. Everyone was expecting a good game last night but the Rams are not the Rams of last year and it showed last night. The Jets or Dolphins would give the Rams fits.

I think that the Ravens are beatable but the offense will have play within their own ability and not try to play long ball or drive the ball into the middle of the DL. I also think that they will be amped up and way too over confident when the playoffs come around. They might get taken out in the divisional round.

One injury and they are are a different team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One injury and they are are a different team.
I guess every team is beatable we all know that, think 07. But from what I have seen of both teams the Ravens IMO are heavy favorites. What might factor in and the Pats have time to make this happen.

1. With Wynn back the O Line did look better if they can gel just a little more that will help a lot.

2. Rookie WRs Harry and Meyers continue to put in the work they both had moments. If they can get the timing down and again I think they are close that can help a lot and open up the run game.

3. TB needs to stop relying on JE so much. Playoff time the Pats are good about mixing it up I would like to see more White and Michel.

4. IMO TB appears more in panic mode then I have ever seen. There were several instances past games were he just threw the ball and did not step up into the pocket. He is getting the Deer in the headlights look that Eli had.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what are teams records against BB when they face him after winning the 1st game?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess every team is beatable we all know that, think 07. But from what I have seen of both teams the Ravens IMO are heavy favorites. What might factor in and the Pats have time to make this happen.

1. With Wynn back the O Line did look better if they can gel just a little more that will help a lot.

2. Rookie WRs Harry and Meyers continue to put in the work they both had moments. If they can get the timing down and again I think they are close that can help a lot and open up the run game.

3. TB needs to stop relying on JE so much. Playoff time the Pats are good about mixing it up I would like to see more White and Michel.

4. IMO TB appears more in panic mode then I have ever seen. There were several instances past games were he just threw the ball and did not step up into the pocket. He is getting the Deer in the headlights look that Eli had.

Agree with all of that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching several games today, I'm more convinced than ever that the NFL instructs officials how it wants a game called. Don't you find it interesting that:

Oakland Raiders had 11 penalties called for a total of 99 yards and the Kansas City Chiefs had 0 penalties called for 0 yards.

The San Francisco 49ers are called for Roughing the Passer on two 3rd down passes that were incomplete.

No pass interference on the Texans tonight yets they can literally wrap any Patriots receiver

Yeah, I'm a homer, but the NFL is dictating the way that games are being played and the outcomes. Let's be honest, the last thing that anyone wants to see is the new England patriots in a 10th consecutive AFCCG or 4th SB in a row.

The league wants KC or Balt vs SF not Seattle in the Super Bowl in beautiful Miami.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching several games today, I'm more convinced than ever that the NFL instructs officials how it wants a game called. Don't you find it interesting that:

Oakland Raiders had 11 penalties called for a total of 99 yards and the Kansas City Chiefs had 0 penalties called for 0 yards.

The San Francisco 49ers are called for Roughing the Passer on two 3rd down passes that were incomplete.

No pass interference on the Texans tonight yets they can literally wrap any Patriots receiver

Yeah, I'm a homer, but the NFL is dictating the way that games are being played and the outcomes. Let's be honest, the last thing that anyone wants to see is the new England patriots in a 10th consecutive AFCCG or 4th SB in a row.

The league wants KC or Balt vs SF not Seattle in the Super Bowl in beautiful Miami.

I can't recall how many times I heard yesterday that Ravens 49ers was a preview to the Superbowl.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is a very weird Sunday 12/8/2019.......

Halftime across the league.....

Ravens 10 Bills 6

Lamar Jackson is 5 for 10 and the Bills defense is wrapping up the Ravens

Broncos 31 Texans 3

This why Bill O'Brien will never get his team to the Super Bowl. He played his Super Bowl last week in Houston. His team can't win on the road.

Packers 14 Redskins 6

Redskins are just being pains in Rodgers' ass.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean...Pats gotta make this claim, right?

Hell every playoff contender in the AFC should, really

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Cowart on IR likely. Really any back end roster guy would do to keep him away from the Ratbirds. Especially since the roster spot would likely open right back up if/when Suggs refused to report.