• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh fucking brilliant mid season let's just scrap the TE's who made the roster for some unknown, undrafted, no name b/c Ken doesn't think the team has done enough to fill the Gronk void. You sir at times are a completed fucking idiot. The NFL, The Pats, Scouts scour all of college football looking for talent and your big idea is to grab someone who didn't make the cut to begin with.

The Pats are 8-1 and the run game is developing, the Pats do this most every year turn things up in November, shit they are 8-1 not 1 and fucking 8. Wynn is do back, Izzo and LaCosse should be back as well.

I can't fathom how bringing in some unknown to this offense makes any sense

Like LaCosse and Izzo are so freakin' great and have all of Brady's unequaled trust?? Like I said, how about being creative and think "OUTSIDE" the box for once.

No, I don't think BB has done enough to fill the Gronk loss. Again, this is where his ego may get the better of him. He doesn't think that he had to draft or go after anything better than Izzo and LaCosse. He dumped Tomlinson and the guy from Atlanta. They weren't better than Izzo and LaCosse in the blocking game??

Please, what exactly has Wynn done that makes you absolutely sure he will be the next Trent Brown '18?? This guy has spent more time on the IR than on the practice field, let alone an actual NFL game.

As far as their record goes, they won 8 in a row against the dregs of the NFL. They played against a tough team and got their balls handed to them. Do you honestly think that they will be 12-1 after the next four games?? If they don't fix or at least find some way to improve the OL and TE issues, they just might be 10-3 or worse.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like LaCosse and Izzo are so freakin' great and have all of Brady's unequaled trust?? Like I said, how about being creative and think "OUTSIDE" the box for once.

No, I don't think BB has done enough to fill the Gronk loss. Again, this is where his ego may get the better of him. He doesn't think that he had to draft or go after anything better than Izzo and LaCosse. He dumped Tomlinson and the guy from Atlanta. They weren't better than Izzo and LaCosse in the blocking game??

Please, what exactly has Wynn done that makes you absolutely sure he will be the next Trent Brown '18?? This guy has spent more time on the IR than on the practice field, let alone an actual NFL game.

As far as their record goes, they won 8 in a row against the dregs of the NFL. They played against a tough team and got their balls handed to them. Do you honestly think that they will be 12-1 after the next four games?? If they don't fix or at least find some way to improve the OL and TE issues, they just might be 10-3 or worse.

1. You don't know what Brady thinks and feels.
2. Bringing is a unproven TE in a system this complex mid season makes no damn sense at all. There is outside the box and completely fucking moronic your train of thought is the latter.
3. If you think you can do more with this team than BB has please compare your fucking resume' to his.

No one said Wynn is going to be anything stop putting words in my mouth in an effort to bolster your already weakened argument. Wynn was looking solid until the turf toe, and he damn sure seems a better option than Newhouse.

Again nowhere did I say what that Pats record would be after the return of any player or after the bye week. Is this what you do put words in the mouths of others hoping we won't catch on. And again they have players coming back that earned roster spots and know the system so yeah I do think they will better. At least better than if they ink a bunch of No Name unproven talent.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain wtf is up with them not looking at dwayne allen. I know he was let go and then cut by Miami at the last cut maybe with a medicalproblem, but is it to much money. He knew the system could block good for an occasional catch but would give that blocking they need. I don't know but it would be better then anyone else the would pick up at this point. If they were going to go get anyone. Just a thought with all the other rumors going around. But there must be something wrong with him, i looked and didn't see him on any other team but could of missed it. Anybody know anything about it, i heard it earlier this month or around the trade deadline on a few boston stations but no definite reasons why he wasn't looked at

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain wtf is up with them not looking at dwayne allen. I know he was let go and then cut by Miami at the last cut maybe with a medicalproblem, but is it to much money. He knew the system could block good for an occasional catch but would give that blocking they need. I don't know but it would be better then anyone else the would pick up at this point. If they were going to go get anyone. Just a thought with all the other rumors going around. But there must be something wrong with him, i looked and didn't see him on any other team but could of missed it. Anybody know anything about it, i heard it earlier this month or around the trade deadline on a few boston stations but no definite reasons why he wasn't looked at
Age, Medical, lesser talent? Again I feel it's not as dire as people seem to want to make it.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kenny is correct. Maybe we can place an ad in the news paper or Indeed.com. There’s bound to be some 6 foot 5 inch chiseled stud who can run sub 4.5, block like Hannah and catch like Rice ... who’s cleaning construction site porta potty’s.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a close look at the roster and shitcan anyone that isn't playing every week or really doesn't have a defined role that they are performing at an outstanding level. Bring someone, anyone, off the practice squad and give them a chance to show what they can do, if anything. I'd be willing to bet my IRA that somewhere out there in America is a TE who no one has even as much as given a fart about because he played NAIA, Div.III or Div.II football who could step in and be a more suitable TE than Izzo, LaCosse, or Watson.

Try thinking outside the fukin' box and just look at the stats to start.

I certainly don't have all of the answers but when I coached, I did everything possible to make my teams successful. In those forty-four years, I found diamonds in the rough every year.

Just a thought. Patriots want to run the ball but the absence of Gronk and the lack of a blocking TE makes it extremely difficult to turn up on the outside. How about getting creative and put an extra lineman outside to handle the edge? I just might open up the inside gaps because the defense has to deal with an extra blocker.
A-N-D..........He's also an eligible receiver.
Bk
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^BB
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Everyone Else

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, you meant Were, and yes, I'm a bit concerned. BB has done nothing to really re-enforce a depleted OL. Never really made a true effort at adding a true TE. I don't think that Wynn will turn this OL around and may even be a bit of a liability. The next five games are against winning teams and if the Patriots don't somehow repair things the next month could be a nightmare.

I don't have a hundred percent confidence in this team against the iron of the league.

What do you think BB could realistically have done to reinforce the OL that he did not do? He signed two FA’s who both retired. He spent two draft picks on OL who both missed the year due to injury, and he made three trades to try and shore up the depth.

And he tried to sign Jared Cook in FA at TE, too.

What else should he have done that you’re confident would’ve yielded better results? And don’t say traded for Trent Williams. Be realistic.

Take a close look at the roster and shitcan anyone that isn't playing every week or really doesn't have a defined role that they are performing at an outstanding level. Bring someone, anyone, off the practice squad and give them a chance to show what they can do, if anything. I'd be willing to bet my IRA that somewhere out there in America is a TE who no one has even as much as given a fart about because he played NAIA, Div.III or Div.II football who could step in and be a more suitable TE than Izzo, LaCosse, or Watson.

I certainly don't have all of the answers but when I coached, I did everything possible to make my teams successful. In those forty-four years, I found diamonds in the rough every year.

Just a thought. Patriots want to run the ball but the absence of Gronk and the lack of a blocking TE makes it extremely difficult to turn up on the outside. How about getting creative and put an extra lineman outside to handle the edge? I just might open up the inside gaps because the defense has to deal with an extra blocker.

Age, Medical, lesser talent? Again I feel it's not as dire as people seem to want to make it.

The Pats offense hasn't been whole but for like 5 minutes. A lot of revolving doors on the oline and WRs.

Getting Wynn back will make a huge difference on that side. He was playing great. Hopefully he stays healthy. If not, game over for a ring.

Here is what I found on Allen. It's dated. Former Pats TE Dwayne Allen cut by Dolphins

BB did all he could for the oline, WR and TE. He couldn't do anything at the trade deadline. After signing and cutting AB, there was no cap space to trade for anyone. BB even said that he needed the $2+ million in cap space for the second half of the season for injuries.

BK can have his little hissy fit. Maybe once he is over it, he'll realize he is wrong.

This is what the Pats have and who they will battle with. Hopefully, there are no more injuries and they can build some continuity. Which will bring consistency.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listening to the local radio station and the Patriots have the entire NFL’s attention. Taking advice from a long time Patriots fan, they are thinking “outside the box” and found a new TE. Introducing “Baby Gronk”. A 7 year old phenom.
476FC6D9-1878-48DA-BC89-C39F5A4E8BF2.jpeg
With barely 2 million in cap space, Baby Gronk has agreed to play for 10 packs of Pokémon cards and someone to read him a bedtime story every night.

I just hope he can gain Brady’s trust before the Eagles game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little NFL fact. The Indianapolis Colts have won the AFC East more recently than the Buffalo Bills.
... and the jets have won only 1 since the Colts last won the division, the Dolphins only 2 since.. The stat that's remarkable is the Pats have won 16 while any other team has won 3.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the jets have won only 1 since the Colts last won the division, the Dolphins only 2 since.. The stat that's remarkable is the Pats have won 16 while any other team has won 3.
....and two out of the three times the Pats did not win in those 19 years, the Pats lost the division on (drum roll please).... Tie Breakers. The only time they outright lost the division is BB and TB's first year (when TB was a rookie bench warmer).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might be the only one but I think Izzo and Lacosse have potential. They have been dinged up while still learning.
You coached amatuers. It is a lot harder to find a "diamond in the rough" at the pro level.
I can tell you as an ex-pro, pro players are so freaking far ahead of the other possible candidates that they have no chance. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Do "diamonds in the rough" exist? Yes. But understand how hard it is to hit on a draft pick than it is to hit on some big goober working at McDonalds that used to play football in high school. If you found one, it would take tremendous time to get pro level play out of him. Ever think that one of our 2 TE's might be that "diamond in the rough" and still developing?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen indicated in a recent interview with ESPN's Josina Anderson that he still needed to "heal up" from the knee injury he was dealing with.

"There are teams calling, but we will see," Allen said per Anderson. "I had an offseason knee surgery that I need to heal up from."
Allen would go on to tell Anderson that he would take time to think about his future before making a decision.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we’ve already played PIT and CLE bit both are still within hailing distance of a playoff spot, so I’d say the suspensions from last night’s shibacle are worthy of posting in this thread.

Myles Garrett indefinite
Larry Ogubjobi 1 game

Maurkice Pouncey 3 games

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we’ve already played PIT and CLE bit both are still within hailing distance of a playoff spot, so I’d say the suspensions from last night’s shibacle are worthy of posting in this thread.

Myles Garrett indefinite
Larry Ogubjobi 1 game

Maurkice Pouncey 3 games
Rudolph Nothing......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph Nothing......
It should be an automatic suspension for attempting any action without your helmet. It should also be a suspension for attempting to yank another players helmet off. Heck, he should be suspended at least a game for being too stupid to realize that going after a much bigger player without a helmet is a very bad idea.

Now add in his actions that incited the situation. While Garret was too aggressive on that play and deserved a penalty, Rudolph needs to keep his composure.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are curb stomping the Rams. They are on a hell of a roll and are going to be a stupid tough out in the playoffs.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are curb stomping the Rams. They are on a hell of a roll and are going to be a stupid tough out in the playoffs.
or they are putting their best stuff on tape and each playoff contender will have them figured out....