• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstead Update: "A Different Situation"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was an almighty God, would he have let Welker drop that fucking pass?

Just sayin'

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but it is foolish to try to debate a subject you have limited understanding of. You're making a lot of philosophical assumptions with nothing behind them. Either the universe always existed or it didn't. You can't claim everything has to have a beginning, therefore the only possible beginning is god, because, by your logic, god must have a beginning. Just because we can't replicate what we believe happened doesn't mean we are wrong. There would be a lot of randomness and chaos involved in life sprouting out of nothing, and we don't have the knowledge to reproduce all the conditions.

I also don't see why believing god made it rules out evolution. You're arguing something different than is being said.

First off, God is not a creation and is not subject to the laws of creation whereby everything is known to have a beginning. For example, if I asked you "Where and when the Universe began?", you couldn't answer that question because there was no "where" or "when", as we know it, until it came into existence. Space and time didn't exist before the Universe came into existence and since time didn't exist, and God is not a creation, he isn't subject to time. That shouldn't be a difficult concept for you if you expand your mind. Speaking of expansion... Scientists can easily deduce an expanding Universe was a tiny blip of pure energy at one time by turning the clock back. I suppose that "singularity" just came into existence all by itself, just like life happened all by itself, even though science cannot create any life at all...According to evolutionary theory, an intellectually defunct and nebulous concept of time, conditions and chance created life in all its complexity. Yup, that makes sense. I saw a house build itself too once...rolls eyes.

Here's an example of evolutionist thinking for you to muse over:

Imagine you are at home sitting in a room watching the Pats play and someone comes in and takes a picture of the room. An evolutionist is given the picture and after looking at it is asked: "Did that TV happen all by itself?" The evolutionist replies "Of course not, because it is an obviously complex device."... "Ok, what about that chair...did it happen by itself?" The evolutionist replies "Of course not because it was obviously designed and built because it's not just a lump of wood and materials." Etc. Etc Now the evolutionist is asked "What about the person sitting in the chair?" and replies "Well, even though he's obviously exponentially more complex than anything else in that picture, he just sort of happened all by itself."

I'm glad you posted the essence of evolution when you said "Just because we can't replicate what we believe happened doesn't mean we are wrong." You are correct sir...evolution is an undemonstratable belief that masquerades as fact within the mainstream scientific community.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the same thing with turtles the babies hatch on a beach the 40 years later return to lay eggs on the beach. that is weird along with the butterflies. i think scientists said something about the magnetic field but doesnt that move around some a flip and change as well? i dunno you might be on to something krafty!

Good example briz! They're born with the instinct to do it and that code lies within DNA.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oyyyy. Yeah that was 100% on Wes .....

Good another argument! That pass was high, wide and to the wrong shoulder. It wasn't Brady's only mistake in that game...the intentional grounding safety and subsequent TD scored by the Giants after the punt put them up 9-0.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good another argument! That pass was high, wide and to the wrong shoulder. It wasn't Brady's only mistake in that game...the intentional grounding safety and subsequent TD scored by the Giants after the punt put them up 9-0.

Agreed, it's not that is was completely Toms fault or Wes' fault is was a misthrown ball it happens. Just seems to me a lot of people want to put all the blame on Wes which IMO is not the case.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, God is not a creation and is not subject to the laws of creation whereby everything is known to have a beginning. For example, if I asked you "Where and when the Universe began?", you couldn't answer that question because there was no "where" or "when", as we know it, until it came into existence. Space and time didn't exist before the Universe came into existence and since time didn't exist, and God is not a creation, he isn't subject to time. That shouldn't be a difficult concept for you if you expand your mind. Speaking of expansion... Scientists can easily deduce an expanding Universe was a tiny blip of pure energy at one time by turning the clock back. I suppose that "singularity" just came into existence all by itself, just like life happened all by itself, even though science cannot create any life at all...According to evolutionary theory, an intellectually defunct and nebulous concept of time, conditions and chance created life in all its complexity. Yup, that makes sense. I saw a house build itself too once...rolls eyes.

Here's an example of evolutionist thinking for you to muse over:

(1) Imagine you are at home sitting in a room watching the Pats play and someone comes in and takes a picture of the room. An evolutionist is given the picture and after looking at it is asked: "Did that TV happen all by itself?" The evolutionist replies "Of course not, because it is an obviously complex device."... "Ok, what about that chair...did it happen by itself?" The evolutionist replies "Of course not because it was obviously designed and built because it's not just a lump of wood and materials." Etc. Etc Now the evolutionist is asked "What about the person sitting in the chair?" and replies "Well, even though he's obviously exponentially more complex than anything else in that picture, he just sort of happened all by itself."

(2) I'm glad you posted the essence of evolution when you said "Just because we can't replicate what we believe happened doesn't mean we are wrong." You are correct sir...evolution is an undemonstratable belief that masquerades as fact within the mainstream scientific community.

(1) The difference being that the human has the capability to both reproduce on it's own and change. A TV or a desk does not.

(2) No. The fact that evolution exists is 100%, indisputable fact. The actual origin of life is not guaranteed to be accurate, but evolution is observable and real. The reason we cannot reproduce life has actually been stated in this thread already. We do not have the tools and capability to work on the scales needed to reproduce living cells.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) The difference being that the human has the capability to both reproduce on it's own and change. A TV or a desk does not.

(2) No. The fact that evolution exists is 100%, indisputable fact. The actual origin of life is not guaranteed to be accurate, but evolution is observable and real. The reason we cannot reproduce life has actually been stated in this thread already. We do not have the tools and capability to work on the scales needed to reproduce living cells.

Maybe someday you'll explain how your "belief" comports with the Cambrian explosion. Google it if you don't know what it is. I guarantee you're confusing adaptation within a species and gene pooling with so-called observable evolution.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it's not that is was completely Toms fault or Wes' fault is was a misthrown ball it happens. Just seems to me a lot of people want to put all the blame on Wes which IMO is not the case.

I know! That whole Butterfingers Candy Bar thing was way, way out of line.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someday you'll explain how your "belief" comports with the Cambrian explosion. Google it if you don't know what it is. I guarantee you're confusing adaptation within a species and gene pooling with so-called observable evolution.

Simple. It's all about relative advantage. If a feature has a marginal benefit to the individual, it spreads, but slowly. If it has a marginal benefit to the group, it doesn't really spread, but will be maintained if it doesn't also pose a negative to the individual. If it is enormously beneficial, like the protection being part of a complex organism as compared to a simple one, it spreads rapidly.

And evolution is as proven as any other branch of science. We can observe and reproduce all the phenomena it predicts, we see substantial evidence of it's accuracy in fossil records, and there is nothing worth noting opposing it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know! That whole Butterfingers Candy Bar thing was way, way out of line.

Most receivers don't even touch that ball. But once you get both hands on it the drop is on you.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

have you ever played organized football at any level.. well maybe not pop warner.. middle school , high school and college all i ever heard was if it hits your hands then hits the ground , then its on you.. coaches have ben preaching tht for years..

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you ever played organized football at any level.. well maybe not pop warner.. middle school , high school and college all i ever heard was if it hits your hands then hits the ground , then its on you.. coaches have ben preaching tht for years..

i played high school football and had 4 int in a game. thats as good as it gets no db had more than 4 one game, go look at nfl record book! i am a beast!

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. It's all about relative advantage. If a feature has a marginal benefit to the individual, it spreads, but slowly. If it has a marginal benefit to the group, it doesn't really spread, but will be maintained if it doesn't also pose a negative to the individual. If it is enormously beneficial, like the protection being part of a complex organism as compared to a simple one, it spreads rapidly.

And evolution is as proven as any other branch of science. We can observe and reproduce all the phenomena it predicts, we see substantial evidence of it's accuracy in fossil records, and there is nothing worth noting opposing it.

I won't "take you seriously" if you continue to call adaptation...evolution. There is the capacity for variation within the species which allows bears to both live in the Arctic and in Florida....they are different yet both are still bears. DNA prevents changes into a different "kind" or species. A polar bear will never turn into a palm tree because it wants to get out of the Arctic cold.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i played high school football and had 4 int in a game. thats as good as it gets no db had more than 4 one game, go look at nfl record book! i am a beast!

Are you sure you weren't the qb? :-)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

Which part? From my first time I touched a football I was taught if you can get one hand on it, you can catch it. If you get two, it's your fault.

That doesn't mean some fault isn't on the QB, but if you get two hands on the ball, you catch it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't "take you seriously" if you continue to call adaptation...evolution. There is the capacity for variation within the species which allows bears to both live in the Arctic and in Florida....they are different yet both are still bears. DNA prevents changes into a different "kind" or species. A polar bear will never turn into a palm tree because it wants to get out of the Arctic cold.

Evolution doesn't claim that it will. As members of one species adapt in different ways, they split into multiple species. That has nothing to do with your absurd hyperbole of a polar bear becoming a tree.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution is the process of adaptations branching out over time. That is all it is.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evolution is the process of adaptations branching out over time. That is all it is.

This is why I say it's not true. What constitutes a dropped pass? - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Ordinary effort. If a receiver has to stop and adjust or contort his body that is on the Qb not the WR.