• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstead Update: "A Different Situation"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very difficult lesson in life for me, has been to reallize that my sins are not better than your sins.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. That is Paul, with what could very well be his own biases, writing that. I am not convinced that a brief mention in that context validates the way the church treats homosexuals, though.

there is also this
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Also the old testement law was not done away with it was added too.. what was wrong then is still wrong now.. but we are also told not to hate the people but hate the sin.. a lot of people get this confused.. and hate both the sin and the practicioner.. most taking it too far

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM...I missed your point about pork and foods but here's some info on it:

Oh, the bible has one verse mentioning that gay sex is bad in the same book saying you can't eat pork or a variety of other food that you conveniently ignore?

According to the Bible, God brought Israel out of Egpyt where they had been enslaved; he then gave them a system of laws to follow that would make them a holy nation in his eyes. They agreed as a nation to follow those laws and entered into a covenant with God to do so at Mt. Sinai. Those "Mosaic laws" contained a system of sacrifice, that would atone for sins, and they pointed forward to the great sacrifice of God's own son given in behalf of humans, that would later pave the way to everlasting life. Along that line of thought...Adam was perfect when he rebelled against God and it would take another perfect human to offset that sin or to balance the scales of justice and atone for it. That is why the Bible states that Jesus was born by means of holy spirit from a virgin. If he had come from two human parents he would have inherited original sin as the rest of mankind had. Anyway, Israel was given a system of approximately six hundred laws to follow. Ten of those laws are commonly known as the ten commandments. Parts of those laws detailed what was right and what was wrong in God's eyes; and others were instructions on sanitation and foods that were to be considered unclean as food such as pork. Other foods such as shellfish were also unclean. Those laws protected Israel from diseases such as trichinosis from pork and other shellfish born illnesses which we continue to hear about to this day. Other laws regarding immorality protected them from diseases and a littany of family and social problems associated with it; but they also stressed the fact that God intended for man to have one wife as he had initiated in the beginning with Adam and Eve. There were instructions regarding men who had more than one wife, but those laws were given to Israel because while they were enslaved in Egypt, the Israelites did what the Egyptians did, and the Egyptians practiced polygamy. Anyway, God gave them laws to follow that would protect and provide for those other wives. To make a long story shorter, the law protected Israel and set them apart from other nations as a holy nation and pointed forward to the Messiah and the manner of death he would willingly endure for mankind in a sinless state.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of the history. The fact is Christians don't follow most of those old laws, and selectively choose the homosexuality to hate people for. I interpret several sections (including Acts 10:9-23 - Peter?s Vision - About noon the - Bible Gateway ) as meaning a lot of the old laws no longer apply, but if you want to say that isn't the case, you better not be eating lobster or pork.

Also, religion is not a legitimate reason to make any law ever.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So couldn't God have made Welker with the intent that he would evolve into a Bronco?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of the history. The fact is Christians don't follow most of those old laws, and selectively choose the homosexuality to hate people for. I interpret several sections (including Acts 10:9-23 - Peter?s Vision - About noon the - Bible Gateway ) as meaning a lot of the old laws no longer apply, but if you want to say that isn't the case, you better not be eating lobster or pork.

Also, religion is not a legitimate reason to make any law ever.

The law code ended when Jesus was put to death so we're no longer under those laws. Furthermore he said they could be summarized by two laws, loving God with your whole heart, soul, mind and strength and loving your neighbor as yourself. If you were following those two laws, you wouldn't be stealing, murdering, commiting adultery etc.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So couldn't God have made Welker with the intent that he would evolve into a Bronco?

No. Evolution says he can turn into a horse though. Maybe that process was going on with that horse-faced TE they had with the big mouth...Shannon Sharpe

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The law code ended when Jesus was put to death so we're no longer under those laws. Furthermore he said they could be summarized by two laws, loving God with your whole heart, soul, mind and strength and loving your neighbor as yourself. If you were following those two laws, you wouldn't be stealing, murdering, commiting adultery etc.

I said the laws changed, and you said no. Having gay sex doesn't violate any of the rules you listed. Neither does premarital sex or most of the other old laws. What does is the treatment that far too many people use the bible to justify.

No. Evolution says he can turn into a horse though. Maybe that process was going on with that horse-faced TE they had with the big mouth...Shannon Sharpe

And this is back to why I said earlier I don't believe you have an understanding of evolution well enough to discuss it. Evolution claims a common ancestor, which when you look at the amount of DNA we have uncommon, is perfectly likely. It does not claim one person will transform into something else, or even that there is a possible path for people to evolve into horses. That would be a significant downward movement and evolution is nearly entirely upward. We get faster, stronger, bigger, smarter, over generations. Not dumber and losing our most valuable ability, which is the ability to use tools, instantly.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the laws changed, and you said no. Having gay sex doesn't violate any of the rules you listed. Neither does premarital sex or most of the other old laws. What does is the treatment that far too many people use the bible to justify.

And this is back to why I said earlier I don't believe you have an understanding of evolution well enough to discuss it. Evolution claims a common ancestor, which when you look at the amount of DNA we have uncommon, is perfectly likely. It does not claim one person will transform into something else, or even that there is a possible path for people to evolve into horses. That would be a significant downward movement and evolution is nearly entirely upward. We get faster, stronger, bigger, smarter, over generations. Not dumber and losing our most valuable ability, which is the ability to use tools, instantly.

Where did I say the laws changed??? I think you're reading someone else because that's not coming out of my brain unless you're trying to put words in my mouth through some convoluted path.

As far as turning into a horse goes...understand humor when you read it.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mosaic Law code isn't binding but the principles stated in it still are. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexual practices, do you think that says something for them or against them???

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And considering how frequently you have misrepresented what evolution believes, I don't think it's unreasonable to point out the obvious fallacies.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mosaic Law code isn't binding but the principles stated in it still are. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexual practices, do you think that says something for them or against them???

There was a lot wrong with sodom and Gomorrah unrelated to homosexuality. It's more likely that it wasn't a factor at all than that it was the driving reason.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot wrong with sodom and Gomorrah unrelated to homosexuality. It's more likely that it wasn't a factor at all than that it was the driving reason.

Where do you think the term "sodomize" came from? Unnatural homosexual sex.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? That has nothing to do with the fact that there was a long list of things wrong with both of them. Homosexuality barely scratches the surface, assuming it is "wrong".

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you'd like to spin this from the book of Genesis :

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”
“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”
3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”
6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”
9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.
10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, you can think what you want but the Bible says what it says...even if you don't like it.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also check out judges chapter 19.. another good case of this

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to r*pe him. That's not even close to consensual sex.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judges 19 was also no consensual.