• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstead Update: "A Different Situation"

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick said Sunday morning the issue that’s sidelined defensive lineman Armond Armstead through the first three days of camp is not related to any issues the USC product has had in the past. Armstead suffered a heart attack as a collegian, and ended up playing last year in the CFL, where he finished with 44 tackles and six sacks to help Toronto to a Grey Cup championship. He was placed on the non-football illness list at the start of camp earlier this month, and hasn’t been seen at practice.
“No, I think it’s a different situation,” Belichick said when asked about Armstead’s current malady. “If we have anything, we’ll talk about it. But not at this time.”
http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...llness_is_different_from#sthash.OZ17i4wk.dpuf

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...BB, gotta love him!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Different Situation would be a terrific song title!

(((BB)))

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstead: Surgery For An Infection

Well I guess that qualifies as a different situation like BB said in his PC. Maybe he has that flesh eating bacteria or some form of MRSA. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big different situation. hope its not staph.. i remember when the browns were losing people left and right to that a few years ago. yes another thing to mar the offseason..

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had an infected knee...Gronk had an infected arm...Armstead needed surgery for an infection. My brother had brain cancer and died from MRSA after surgery. Over-prescribing antibiotics might kill off the human race.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had an infected knee...Gronk had an infected arm...Armstead needed surgery for an infection. My brother had brain cancer and died from MRSA after surgery. Over-prescribing antibiotics might kill off the human race.

It won't, but we'll be back to the pre-penecillin days where every major injury is life threatening. This is what happens when you start teaching kids that 'evolution is just a theory' (or worse)... but I think I ranted enough on this topic over at CBS.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't, but we'll be back to the pre-penecillin days where every major injury is life threatening. This is what happens when you start teaching kids that 'evolution is just a theory' (or worse)... but I think I ranted enough on this topic over at CBS.

i almost replied to this.. but to me its splitting hairs.. f it.. ill give my opinion and then i ll drop it..

to me there is a difference between adaptation .. and evolution..

spieces can adapt to thier surrounding grow better or weaker .. but frogs are frogs.. monkeys are monkeys.. humans are humans.. we didnt come from one or the other

but hey thats my opinion..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that is the case (I don't believe it is), Religion has so solidly pitted itself against evolution that even admitting that things adapt gets painted with the same brush.

Absurd when you consider the fact that there's no reason one has to contradict the other.

Jackbrit2

Jackbrit2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen anyone talk so much an say so little as BB. Starting this year I refuse to watch the press conferences after the game when he is talking. The other problem is now he has the players speaking the same way so you never really get to know anything about what is going on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is the best interview in the NFL. He says exactly what he means, you just have to listen.

Specifics of injuries at this point do nothing for anyone.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i almost replied to this.. but to me its splitting hairs.. f it.. ill give my opinion and then i ll drop it..

spieces can adapt to thier surrounding grow better or weaker .. but frogs are frogs.. monkeys are monkeys.. humans are humans.. we didnt come from one or the other

What strikes me beyond the argument concerning adaptation is the sheer nonsense about man being here for hundreds of thousands of years when the archaeological record shows the oldest known city to be less than six thousand years old. Did man only figure out how to put a stone upon a stone or a brick on a brick in the last six thousand years? Ludicrous. The obvious answer is humans weren't here prior to that.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikes me beyond the argument concerning adaptation is the sheer nonsense about man being here for hundreds of thousands of years when the archaeological record shows the oldest known city to be less than six thousand years old. Did man only figure out how to put a stone upon a stone or a brick on a brick in the last six thousand years? Ludicrous. The obvious answer is humans weren't here prior to that.

just stating my opinion.. and yes its from a religious point of veiw.. as i am a preacher.. as for timelines. thats one of the things ill ask when i get to heaven..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that the base of the theory is that our intelligence significantly improved over time, why is that far fetched? It takes a significant amount of intelligence to decide on and plan a long term living situation like a city.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only surgery for infection out of the blue i can think of is for your appendix

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only surgery for infection out of the blue i can think of is for your appendix

If you get an infection from a burst appendix you might not survive it.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im of the opinion tha life is strictly biological process and the is no intelligence involved. overtime species have evolved through mutations in the dna. the dna is nothing but a blueprint and once you set fire to it it runs to completion like a set of spiraling dominoes. there is no thought process involved. what make me think this is those two headed animals the dna got screwed up and the process ran creating two heads automatically. you would think if there was intelligence involved the process would fix the mistake. but no the chemicals just read the dna and builds what is there.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get an infection from a burst appendix you might not survive it.

yea if they burst you in trouble. they usually take them out once you feel pain down there before they burst. im hoping that all it is with armstead we cant afford to not have him play this season, although kelly will get alot of reps and help. i was expecting armstead to be a stud and really help the interior line this year.