• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstead Update: "A Different Situation"

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the base of the theory is that our intelligence significantly improved over time, why is that far fetched? It takes a significant amount of intelligence to decide on and plan a long term living situation like a city.

By astronomical leaps and bounds in only the last six thousand years? That doesn't make sense when they were building pyramids in relatively short order after Hamoukar(the oldest known city).

Google the Cambrian Big Bang. It's the rapid appearance of most animal phyla as demonstrated by the fossil record. There is no reliable record of changes leading to that evidence because it happened virtually all at once just like the Universe came into existence all at once by a cosmological big bang.

Most people who are science-minded would more than likely agree that miniaturization is a hallmark measurement of man's intelligence. The computer is just one example of that but compared to the information stored in DNA, a computer hard drive is pathetic. Like a match compared to the sun. Take a look at this period > . < Now cut it up into about 500 pieces and you'll have the approximate size of a human cell. Inside a cell in a smaller package sits the DNA molecule that has all the information to build a human being. Is that not an example of supreme intelligence? I think so. Man would have to fill the Library of Congress with volume upon volume to record that information..if he could ever figure it all out. It just happened though??? As I said... ludicrous.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im of the opinion tha life is strictly biological process and the is no intelligence involved. overtime species have evolved through mutations in the dna. the dna is nothing but a blueprint and once you set fire to it it runs to completion like a set of spiraling dominoes. there is no thought process involved. what make me think this is those two headed animals the dna got screwed up and the process ran creating two heads automatically. you would think if there was intelligence involved the process would fix the mistake. but no the chemicals just read the dna and builds what is there.

the two headed or multi limbed things are similar if not the same thing as conjoined twins.. which happen when two embroys are fused together .. occasionally the fuse happens earlier or the fuse is more complete leaving just the head or an extra limb.. they started out as two seperate objects and continue to form that way..

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two headed or multi limbed things are similar if not the same thing as conjoined twins.. which happen when two embroys are fused together .. occasionally the fuse happens earlier or the fuse is more complete leaving just the head or an extra limb.. they started out as two seperate objects and continue to form that way..

thats true but if there was intelligence involved wouldnt the process be stopped and fixed? what about down syndrome or dwarfism. the dna has mutated and the process run without any intelligent thought to the process. what pops out pops out. which makes me believe it is all chemical based.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the long spacing on some of my posts my laptop took another crapper so im posting from my wiiu and its a bit funky.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im of the opinion tha life is strictly biological process and the is no intelligence involved. overtime species have evolved through mutations in the dna. the dna is nothing but a blueprint and once you set fire to it it runs to completion like a set of spiraling dominoes. there is no thought process involved. what make me think this is those two headed animals the dna got screwed up and the process ran creating two heads automatically. you would think if there was intelligence involved the process would fix the mistake. but no the chemicals just read the dna and builds what is there.

Mutations as a rule are not advantageous but destructive. Creation has been devolving since the beginning when the intelligence and creative power was used and the two-headed thing is an example of it. Just on another tangent...Life comes from life and there's not one example of it happening in any other way. I've said this before, man knows everything a blade of grass is made out of...yet they can't assemble all those parts and make one come alive. That's pretty much looking at it in a simple form but it's true..IMO there was a supreme creator at work..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By astronomical leaps and bounds in only the last six thousand years? That doesn't make sense when they were building pyramids in relatively short order after Hamoukar(the oldest known city).

Google the Cambrian Big Bang. It's the rapid appearance of most animal phyla as demonstrated by the fossil record. There is no reliable record of changes leading to that evidence because it happened virtually all at once just like the Universe came into existence all at once by a cosmological big bang.

Most people who are science-minded would more than likely agree that miniaturization is a hallmark measurement of man's intelligence. The computer is just one example of that but compared to the information stored in DNA, a computer hard drive is pathetic. Like a match compared to the sun. Take a look at this period > . < Now cut it up into about 500 pieces and you'll have the approximate size of a human cell. Inside a cell in a smaller package sits the DNA molecule that has all the information to build a human being. Is that not an example of supreme intelligence? I think so. Man would have to fill the Library of Congress with volume upon volume to record that information..if he could ever figure it all out. It just happened though??? As I said... ludicrous.

Improvement is exponential. There are so many basic things we do completely built on instincts that are valuable even today (and some which are not). Once you figure out that you can stay in one place, be protected from the wild, and writing comes into play, so much potential is unleashed. Look at how quickly we went from gas lamps and candles to electricity to super computers. Every tool we develop increases our abilities massively.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mutations as a rule are not advantageous but destructive. Creation has been devolving since the beginning when the intelligence and creative power was used and the two-headed thing is an example of it. Just on another tangent...Life comes from life and there's not one example of it happening in any other way. I've said this before, man knows everything a blade of grass is made out of...yet they can't assemble all those parts and make one come alive. That's pretty much looking at it in a simple form but it's true..IMO there was a supreme creator at work..

For the individual mutations may be likely to be harmful, but the ability for the positive ones to spread fairly rapidly makes it advantageous for the group as a whole to be able to have mutations anyways.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this has gotten off topic.. but im glad we have a fan base where things like this can be DISCUSSED and every other post is not stfu your opinions are stupid.. Thanks Draw for bringing it up its good to talk about other things then the sport that ties us together..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the base of the theory is that our intelligence significantly improved over time, why is that far fetched? It takes a significant amount of intelligence to decide on and plan a long term living situation like a city.

And teamwork.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ive never seen evidence of a supreme creator there are just assumtions. ive seen evidence of biological chemistry at work especially from all the mutations. whose to say the dna or organisms billions of years ago was as complicated as ours today? it may have started out as a simple tiny strand and over millions of years builded up and mutated. if there is a supreme being aka god (not brady) i have an easier time believing he or she! or it created the universe. life was created by the sun and chemicals.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teamwork.

Exactly. Writing, the idea of staying put and farming, and most recently technology has unleashed our potential for rapid development well beyond what could have been projected before their existence.

Look at just the benefit of houses. You have a secure area surrounded by other people who, for the most part, will fight with you if your area needs it. The amount of stress constantly on the brain to be fully aware of your environment drops significantly. Without houses, there is no safety to work on things for the advancement of the species. You have to spend your whole time worrying about staying alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the oldest known archaeological site is more than 11,000 years old, not less than 6,000 years old. EDIT: That's clear evidence of stone construction, by the way, not cave paintings (which date back more than 40,000 years).

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I personally believe in God and Evolution. I do believe that God created the heavens and the earth and I do believe man evolved from those creations. I can't understand how both can not be possible, why must it absolutely be one or the other?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improvement is exponential. There are so many basic things we do completely built on instincts that are valuable even today (and some which are not). Once you figure out that you can stay in one place, be protected from the wild, and writing comes into play, so much potential is unleashed. Look at how quickly we went from gas lamps and candles to electricity to super computers. Every tool we develop increases our abilities massively.

IMO, instinct is pre-programmed wisdom. For example, birds know how to build complicated nests without ever being taught how to do it. Orb spiders know how to build geometric webs etc. Learned behavior doesn't get incorporated into DNA, for example, if my father knew how to read music I wouldn't be born with that ability. Pre-programmed wisdom begs one question...Who was the programmer? I think you're talking more about accumulated knowledge but it doesn't make sense to think man only leaned how to make mud bricks or how to put a stone on a stone in the last 6K years when he was accumulating knowledge for millions or hundreds of thousands of years.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea if they burst you in trouble. they usually take them out once you feel pain down there before they burst. im hoping that all it is with armstead we cant afford to not have him play this season, although kelly will get alot of reps and help. i was expecting armstead to be a stud and really help the interior line this year.

I think Kelly will be an inside force this year with Vince, he's powerful and can move. I'm liking what they did this year and looking forward to seeing what Collins can do.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly will be an inside force this year with Vince, he's powerful and can move. I'm liking what they did this year and looking forward to seeing what Collins can do.

Word is or was he play's lazy at times. Now that may have been because he was disgrunteled with Oakland and who could blame him. But if he does play to his potential we will be solid up the middle. Does anyone else think Armestead might play DE?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is or was he play's lazy at times. Now that may have been because he was disgrunteled with Oakland and who could blame him. But if he does play to his potential we will be solid up the middle. Does anyone else think Armestead might play DE?

Based on limited film...he seems like he has the body control and power to rush from both the inside and outside. If I'm thinking 3-4 I'd say he's a DE but they should be able to run a lot of fronts this year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, instinct is pre-programmed wisdom. For example, birds know how to build complicated nests without ever being taught how to do it. Orb spiders know how to build geometric webs etc. Learned behavior doesn't get incorporated into DNA, for example, if my father knew how to read music I wouldn't be born with that ability. Pre-programmed wisdom begs one question...Who was the programmer? I think you're talking more about accumulated knowledge but it doesn't make sense to think man only leaned how to make mud bricks or how to put a stone on a stone in the last 6K years when he was accumulating knowledge for millions or hundreds of thousands of years.

The natural tendencies change though. It is cumulative. At any given time, some of the species has better instincts for building nests than others. The ones with the poorer nest die and reproduce less; the ones with better instinctual tendencies thrive and have more babies. The instinct gets built over time that way the same as fish develop a more streamlined body to swim faster.

There is no difference.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The natural tendencies change though. It is cumulative. At any given time, some of the species has better instincts for building nests than others. The ones with the poorer nest die and reproduce less; the ones with better instinctual tendencies thrive and have more babies. The instinct gets built over time that way the same as fish develop a more streamlined body to swim faster.

There is no difference.

I think that's describing adaption, meaning how they survived not how they arrived. In your example, the birds best suited for life were able to build complete nests but...why? They figured out they had to? I don't think so, IMO...it was because it was programmed into their DNA.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't beg any such question.

I mean, let's say your father knew how to read music, and you know how to read music, for the sake of the discussion. Who programmed you to know how to do it?

Nobody, of course. You learned it. The theory of evolution does not claim that genetics is the only way in which information can be passed down through the generations - memory, culture, parenting, heck, antibodies turn out to be partially inherited non-genetically. Certainly birds are complex enough to learn things like nest-building.

Now, spiders are a different case entirely. The instructions for behavior that builds a web absolutely is contained in their genetic code, however that genetic code came to be, even if God created spiders about 6000 years ago. There's nothing else that could possibly be causing the behavior! Behavior can't be coded into DNA in simple, Lamarckian fashion, that's true, but there's plenty of DNA that affects behavior quite dramatically.