• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ready?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Lebron could have gotten Wade and Bosh to come to Cleveland, or maybe even just Bosh considering he was the FA, he would have much rathered do all that in Cleveland

There was no possible way to bring those guys to Cleveland.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when did have any pressure to leave the Bulls? He retired after the 2nd repeat.

2nd three-peat. He tried to use his leverage to keep Phil and Krause had none of it.

Were you alive during Jordan's career?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

..and? That means he should abandon his team for greener pastures? He's welcome to, just don't expect your legacy to not take a hit. Durant was welcome to join any team last summer; he just chose to be beta instead of alpha and went coattail riding. It affects your legacy and cheapens the accomplishments.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd three-peat. He tried to use his leverage to keep Phil and Krause had none of it.

Were you alive during Jordan's career?

His last 6 years that he played with the Bulls he won national championships. He chose to retire rather than play for the Bulls with Jackson. What part do you think you are explaining to me?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..and? That means he should abandon his team for greener pastures? He's welcome to, just don't expect your legacy to not take a hit. Durant was welcome to join any team last summer; he just chose to be beta instead of alpha and went coattail riding. It affects your legacy and cheapens the accomplishments.

In reference to the bold sentence, I think it only makes a difference when we're trying to compare players from different eras. More specifically players from the 80/90 era to those of the 00-present era.

In this current era the top guys are choosing to team up & dominate the league....so eventually IMO that will be the expectation in terms of fans of the next couple generations.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last 6 years that he played with the Bulls he won national championships. He chose to retire rather than play for the Bulls with Jackson. What part do you think you are explaining to me?

94-95?

Rather than play for the Bulls WITHOUT Jackson.

Anything else you care to get wrong while we're at it?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
94-95?

Rather than play for the Bulls WITHOUT Jackson.

Anything else you care to get wrong while we're at it?

I fail to see what your point is here. Seriously, what are you talking about?

Michael Jordan signed an 8 year deal in 1988. In 1996 he signed a one year deal that exceeded the salary cap. In 1997 he signed the highest annual contract in NBA history, to this day. He said that he would never play for another coach so when Jackson was pushed out, Jordan retired.

I honestly don't have a clue what you are arguing at this point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see what your point is here. Seriously, what are you talking about?

Michael Jordan signed an 8 year deal in 1988. In 1996 he signed a one year deal that exceeded the salary cap. In 1997 he signed the highest annual contract in NBA history, to this day. He said that he would never play for another coach so when Jackson was pushed out, Jordan retired.

I honestly don't have a clue what you are arguing at this point.

Apparently you don't read your own posts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you don't read your own posts.

What is relevant about 94-95? First he was still under contract and 2nd he was coming back from a really sketchy "retirement". What exactly were his options?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...For the LeBron guzzlers to proclaim that he's the GOAT simply because Jordan never faced anyone as good as the Warriors in the playoffs?

Well be prepared because you're going to hear a lot of it the next five years.:doh:

Probably will hear it. But I'll take 3 of the best defensive players of all time + the best all around player of all time + the best rebounder of all time + one of the best all around SF's ALL DAY.

I can just see Jordan all up in Curry's ear. Man handling him.

Jordan on Curry with a dose or 2 of Steve Kerr
Pippen on Durant
Rodman on Draymond
Kukoc?
Harper on Klay
Longley?

Curry and Durant don't have alot of muscle. All Cleveland has to do is get physical and get all up in their grill. Bump Curry and Durant all day.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland slows down the game and gets physical with GS, game on. But Love isn't really that guy on D and he's not the stud inside on O either. If the Cavs would have gotten Cousins, could be different.

But the Cavs need to channel their inner "Bad Boy" Pistons and start getting physical on D. What do they have to lose? GS is going to keep pounding Cleveland, playing GS tempo. Cleveland will win 1 game but tough see past that.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt>>>>Lecharge/Lehype/Lebrick/Lebroke

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a sweep happens, but if so or in 5...not much as it pertains to being an all time great, but the GOAT talk is done, and it takes a short term hit for getting wiped off the floor.
I mean this isn't exactly 2007 against the Spurs, as some people were picking the Cavs in this series, and also people kept talking about how Lebron was KD'S kryptonite. He's also aligned with 2 other stars, and an array of shooters. Like I've said before, Kobe didn't get a pass for losing to a superteam in 08, and I'm not willing to give Bron an out here. Still a great no matter what happens though.
With ALL of that being said, lets let the series play out first.

People were stating that as if it were a fact. I haven't gone back to look at KD's stats in his prior games against LeBron, and I know the Thunder got swept by the Heat, but I would expect that KD still played pretty well in his prior games against LeBron. He actually seems to match up pretty well against LeBron. Besides Kawhi, I can't think of another player who can bother LeBron with his defense. I can't remember the last time I saw someone block LeBron's shot while LeBron was driving to the rim.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching Lebron James play sensational in this series

Kyrie Irving was better off not getting on the plane with his play

Love has held his own

JR, Shumpert, Frye, Deron Williams, Korver, Tristan Thompson

Just absolutely dreadful

I honestly dont know what else one guy can do

Then you should call your doctor and get your eyes checked and your brain examined.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably will hear it. But I'll take 3 of the best defensive players of all time + the best all around player of all time + the best rebounder of all time + one of the best all around SF's ALL DAY.

I can just see Jordan all up in Curry's ear. Man handling him.

Jordan on Curry with a dose or 2 of Steve Kerr
Pippen on Durant
Rodman on Draymond
Kukoc?
Harper on Klay
Longley?

Curry and Durant don't have alot of muscle. All Cleveland has to do is get physical and get all up in their grill. Bump Curry and Durant all day.
Draymond vs. Rodman would out sell every MMA event will in History.

I would have paid top dollar to see Dray try to guard Barkley too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond vs. Rodman would out sell every MMA event will in History.

I would have paid top dollar to see Dray try to guard Barkley too.

Shit... Pippen would front Barkley and Charles couldn't see. Lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is relevant about 94-95? First he was still under contract and 2nd he was coming back from a really sketchy "retirement". What exactly were his options?

94-95 Jordan played, no championship (lost to Orlando in the second round). It's not about options, it's about the claim that Jordan won the championship each of the last 6 seasons that he played with the Bulls.

Jordan didn't need options. He wasn't going anywhere as the highest paid player in league history until the GM forced his hand by dumping Phil.