• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ready?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Alex English were elite scorers......Durant is a 7 footer that has the skills of a PG, I mean, who back in that era had that skill set?

Durant back in the 90s would get pushed around plain and simple.

And Durant can't handle the ball like a PG. He can take it coast to coast when all 5 Cavs just watch him go by and don't stop the ball, but it's not like he's bring the ball up like PG like Lebron does.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Dumars. Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen, James Worthy,

Why are you comparing Curry to power forwards and centers?

Man you almost had a good complete post. I agree with you on Penny, Hill, and Reggie. Scottie didn't score 25/game and he, Worthy and Dumars had some meat to them - both could post you up or hit it outside.

I wasn't comparing Curry and Malone and Kemp. Just saying they were beasts. Curry looks like a little boy out there. Curry can play but he gets manhandled ion the 90s. Reggie would have been a beast in the NBA today, but he doesn't have Curry's vision or ball handling skills.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know whether it was @shopson or @LAD that claimed that Lebron is something like a top 10 player all time. I would love to hear who the the 9 guys you have ahead of him are.
It was not LAD....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know whether it was @shopson or @LAD that claimed that Lebron is something like a top 10 player all time. I would love to hear who the the 9 guys you have ahead of him are.

I have him at #4 all time. That's top 10. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Alex English were elite scorers......Durant is a 7 footer that has the skills of a PG, I mean, who back in that era had that skill set?

Magic?:noidea:

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you almost had a good complete post. I agree with you on Penny, Hill, and Reggie. Scottie didn't score 25/game and he, Worthy and Dumars had some meat to them - both could post you up or hit it outside.

They had a little meat on their bones at the end of their game as they bulked up. Dumars was protected by the enforcers on the Pistons. Worthy was not a big dude.

I wasn't comparing Curry and Malone and Kemp. Just saying they were beasts. Curry looks like a little boy out there. Curry can play but he gets manhandled ion the 90s. Reggie would have been a beast in the NBA today, but he doesn't have Curry's vision or ball handling skills.

There were a TON of small PGs in the 90s. Spud Webb played in the 90s. Curry is a perimeter shooter. His paint game is there SOLELY to keep the defender off of him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And KD isn't a ring chaser?

I don't think he is.

David West was ring chasing when he signed in GS. KD immediately became their best player. Yes, the Warriors were the obvious title favorites when KD signed, but I really do not think someone can be a chaser and the team's best player at the same time.

To me, a ring chaser is someone who sits back and watches teammates do most of the work. KD is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is.

David West was ring chasing when he signed in GS. KD immediately became their best player. Yes, the Warriors were the obvious title favorites when KD signed, but I really do not think someone can be a chaser and the team's best player at the same time.

To me, a ring chaser is someone who sits back and watches teammates do most of the work. KD is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting.

Yeah, when I think of ring chasing, I think of older guys at the end of their careers looking to latch onto a championship caliber team to try and get a ring. Shaq with the Cavs comes to mind as an example.

Your David West example is a good one as well.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sidenote

He's the biggest reason by a Mile why those teams are winning those rings

Please lets not act like he is jumping on the coattails of an already established title team, like someone we all know

By a mile in Cleveland, yes. Early on in Miami, Wade was a huge part as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I think of ring chasing, I think of older guys at the end of their careers looking to latch onto a championship caliber team to try and get a ring. Shaq with the Cavs comes to mind as an example.

When i think of a ring chaser, I think of a player that joins a team he cant beat

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i think of a ring chaser, I think of a player that joins a team he cant beat

Maybe. Whether he joined a team he couldn't beat or not. KD is a a major reason they are about to win and will likely be the finals MVP. I don't see that as being a ring chaser.

I also don't have an issue with with him going to GSW for the same reason I have no issue with Lebron going to Miami and then back to Cleveland.

Both went to better situations than the one they left and had fulfilled their contracts each time.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq went to the cavs to chase rings?!?! The Lakers won those championships because of Shaq. Then when he was traded he won one for the Heat. It's been my understanding that Shaq went to the Cavs because Lebron wanted to win one with him... what other reason would there be? At that point in Shaq's life he was old as shit and practically needed a walker to get up and down the court.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I can't beat these guys after I had them down 3-1. So fuck it I'm joining them and going to get my ring."

David West is a small piece to a puzzle that the Warriors brought in. KD knew exactly what he was doing. Good for him, bad for the NBA. Hope it doesn't get worse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq went to the cavs to chase rings?!?! The Lakers won those championships because of Shaq. Then when he was traded he won one for the Heat. It's been my understanding that Shaq went to the Cavs because Lebron wanted to win one with him... what other reason would there be? At that point in Shaq's life he was old as shit and practically needed a walker to get up and down the court.

The bold is why I consider Shaq a ring chaser. Lebron may have wanted him, but the Cavs were also one of the best teams in the East and Lebron had recently gotten them to the finals.

Shaq was trying to get one more ring before he retired. That's not necessarily a criticism of Shaq either. Dude was playing out the string on his career, why not try to get one last ring on the way out? Heck, I'd probably do the same if I had the chance.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you freaking kidding me? Wilt pulled the same shit 50 years ago. Except he had to do it via trades and he did it twice. Barkley did it. Durant obviously did it. I love how Durant only comes close in your world. If that doesn't betray your absurd bias I don't know what does.

You are so determined to attack Lebron you've given up on any semblance of rational thinking.

Barkley forced his way to a championship team? He was traded out of Philly for being a distraction and for not being a fit with the incoming coach's system.

Barkley, whose next stop is with the United States Olympic basketball team, added: "I'm a little nervous. I'm not sure. I've got to sit back and see how it goes. In shock? I just don't know how I feel. I don't know if I'm happy or sad. I have to pick up my family and move them across the country. It's been a great eight years in Philadelphia and now I play for Phoenix. Whatever happens I will deal with it."

Doesn't sound like a guy who forced his was to a contender to me.

Wilt's forced trade to the Lakers (by threatening to jump to the ABA) was past his prime, but is a good example, agreed. His first trade to the Sixers was more conventional, with several teams vying for his services (including the Knicks and Lakers).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD didn't come close though. What he did was even worse. He joined a team he couldn't beat, that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. And while LeBron teamed up w/ 2 All Stars KD teamed up w/ 3.

I agree, although the whole process of setting up the Heatles was in very poor taste IMO.