• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will definitely push him and I honestly do think Lynch at some point this season takes over the startin role but I doubt he is ready week 1 to start. Yes Sanchez is not the greatest option ever but the Broncos did win last year with some of the worst QB play in the entire league. Have to see if that magic can continue and have Sanchez mostly just play game manager and not turn it over.

Ah, I see the difference. Patience to me is letting him watch for a couple of years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see the difference. Patience to me is letting him watch for a couple of years.

I highly doubt they wait much longer than 1 full season before they are trying to get him in the starting role. He does have athleticism so that helps get him on the field a little bit earlier as they can do the whole make 2 reads then take off running or throw it out of bounds kind of thing. Yes it limits him a bit but it does get him on the field to make some plays and learn in actual games instead of just in practice. Just have to see though as I have no clue how quickly this kid can learn and if he can learn enough to actually start in the NFL. QB does seem to have a very high draft bust rate so just have to see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pre-rookie scale contract days...now...maybe sitting 8 games if you're a 1st rd pick.

Yup...You want to get these guys going as quickly as possible as Cap Wise you give yourself a very nice window with a QB on a rookie contract. Seattle is the perfect example of getting a good QB that they were able to surround with incredible talent. My guess is the Broncos are trying to do the same especially knowing they have to pay Von Miller QB type money.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high on ours as fudge is, but at least they are trying to address the biggest glaring hole on the team and were able to get an extra pick for sliding back a few spots and still able to claim him.

Can't give a grade until we see who they take at 97 given that whoever it is really is part of that first round pick.

Still, meh.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks addressed a need. They were able to trade back 6 spots, collect a 3rd (almost 4th) rounder for it, and got an OL man.

We know what they did..... Question is are you happy? I notice you talked all about the pick without even mentioning his name.

PFF ranked it a D- :dhd:

Some say the 9ers moved up and stole the offensive lineman the seahawks intended on picking.... :dhd::dhd:

I think the 9ers had a great draft. They got the best defensive lineman if not player in the draft and arguably the best run blocking offensive lineman. Solid.

Last edited:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt they wait much longer than 1 full season before they are trying to get him in the starting role. He does have athleticism so that helps get him on the field a little bit earlier as they can do the whole make 2 reads then take off running or throw it out of bounds kind of thing. Yes it limits him a bit but it does get him on the field to make some plays and learn in actual games instead of just in practice. Just have to see though as I have no clue how quickly this kid can learn and if he can learn enough to actually start in the NFL. QB does seem to have a very high draft bust rate so just have to see.

The best part for the Broncos is that they didn't have to mortgage the future to get theirs. The top two could just as easily bust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part for the Broncos is that they didn't have to mortgage the future to get theirs. The top two could just as easily bust.

Oh I agree. Gives the Broncos not only possible Cap Relief with having a very cheap QB to work with but they also have lots of draft picks remaining to surround that player with talent. Have to see how it turns out but I do think of the 3 1st round QB's Lynch is in the best situation of the 3.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what they did..... Question is are you happy? I notice you talked all about the pick without even mentioning his name.

Some say the 9ers moved up and stole the offensive lineman the seahawks intended on picking.... :dhd::dhd:

I think the 9ers had a great draft. They got the best defensive lineman if not player in the draft and arguably the best run blocking offensive lineman. Solid.
Seahawks have been graded low on many of their now pro bowl caliber picks. Those grades mean nothing. I saw one last night that gave them an A-.

I can say this though, doesn't really matter how many picks for both teams work out or not when it comes to the outcome of the two games this year between them. Kelly is still going to have to try and make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Good luck with that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From my cursory reading, pretty much everyone is panning SF for moving up to get that guy. With Kelly gone, which O lineman was Seattle going to pick that was better?

At any rate, you may be right and Ifedi could be a bust.

But your laughter seems a bit weird, given how much ridicule SF has gotten for their trade up.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have been graded low on many of their now pro bowl caliber picks. Those grades mean nothing. I saw one last night that gave them an A-.

I can say this though, doesn't really matter how many picks for both teams work out or not when it comes to the outcome of the two games this year between them. Kelly is still going to have to try and make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Good luck with that.

Well as long as you can beat one of the worst teams in the NFL twice... who cares what happens on draft day.

Sorry if I struck a sore nerve. lol, just kidding around. But I would love to see this reputable source who graded the seahawks draft an A... link?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say that Seattle though hasn't been that great about drafting OL talent. They have hit at many positions but it does seem like OL is the one they just can't get figured out. Ifedi at this point is more of an athlete than seasoned player in my opinion. I do think he has huge upside and it was the right pick for the Seahawks but not sure how much he actually helps the team this year with him mechanically just so all over the place.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as long as you can beat one of the worst teams in the NFL twice... who cares what happens on draft day.

Sorry if I struck a sore nerve. lol, just kidding around.
Sore nerve? So when you say something it's just kidding around and when someone feeds it back to you they are pissed? :L

Curious reasoning there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Seattle though hasn't been that great about drafting OL talent. They have hit at many positions but it does seem like OL is the one they just can't get figured out. Ifedi at this point is more of an athlete than seasoned player in my opinion. I do think he has huge upside and it was the right pick for the Seahawks but not sure how much he actually helps the team this year with him mechanically just so all over the place.
Sure, that's why I said meh about that pick. I said this same thing on our board as well.

I really don't get why so many are so high on Cable. I haven't seen the outcome of how great of a position coach he is. His draft picks have been mostly busts and he hasn't turned out any pro bowlers from these guys he supposed to be good at coaching up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...You want to get these guys going as quickly as possible as Cap Wise you give yourself a very nice window with a QB on a rookie contract. Seattle is the perfect example of getting a good QB that they were able to surround with incredible talent. My guess is the Broncos are trying to do the same especially knowing they have to pay Von Miller QB type money.

That's a good point....I was thinking more along the lines of development time, but if the young QB is managing the game, not making a lot of turnovers, you can spend on FA, etc to add, or in this case retain other pieces...I like Lynch and would not be surprised if he's the best of the top 3, in 4 yrs, or he's out of the league in 4 yrs...i.e....I just don't know.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my cursory reading, pretty much everyone is panning SF for moving up to get that guy. With Kelly gone, which O lineman was Seattle going to pick that was better?

At any rate, you may be right and Ifedi could be a bust.

But your laughter seems a bit weird, given how much ridicule SF has gotten for their trade up.

I was mostly kidding around... but... The niners traded up into the first round from the second round to get the best offensive lineman still on the board and probably one of if not the best run blocking OL in the draft. To do that all they gave up was one of their three 4th round picks and one of their four 6th round picks. They still have 5 picks in those two rounds. They gave up very little for one of the teams with the most late round draft picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point....I was thinking more along the lines of development time, but if the young QB is managing the game, not making a lot of turnovers, you can spend on FA, etc to add, or in this case retain other pieces...I like Lynch and would not be surprised if he's the best of the top 3, in 4 yrs, or he's out of the league in 4 yrs...i.e....I just don't know.

He is probably the hardest of the 3 to project. He comes from the least pro style offense of the 3 and even though he has 3 years of starting experience still looks very raw for a QB prospect. Really at this point he is physically the perfect make up for a QB but everything else that you want in a QB is a complete question mark. I hate to say this but those type of players rarely make it in the league but it doesn't mean they can't. I look at guys like Cam Newton who was more known for his physical skills than his mental make up has really turned into a very good QB. This past season Tyrod Taylor really showed well as he has developed over the last few years. I am cautiously optimistic. The nice thing for the Broncos is unlike the other 2 teams that drafted a QB if they figure out Lynch isn't the guy they haven't fully mortgaged the future to have gotten him. They did not put all their eggs into one basket.