• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sore nerve? So when you say something it's just kidding around and when someone feeds it back to you they are pissed? :L

Curious reasoning there.

This from the guy who's reasoning skills include justifying a horrible draft by the fact that he thinks his team can still beat a team that is considered a bottom five NFL team. Not surprised you don't get my reasoning. :D

P.S. still waiting for the link of the folks who graded Seattles draft an A.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I am

I'm good with Stanley, we needed a young gun that could play every down at LT, that's what got our QB injured for the 1st time last yr....Although I really wanted Bosa or Ramsey ,I understand this pick and the quality player he is....Ozzie did try to trade up to 4 to get Ramsey but Jerry wouldn't budge...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, extremely pleased with it. We desperately needed a Safety and Neal compares to Chancellor

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Stanley, we needed a young gun that could play every down at LT, that's what got our QB injured for the 1st time last yr....Although I really wanted Bosa or Ramsey ,I understand this pick and the quality player he is....Ozzie did try to trade up to 4 to get Ramsey but Jerry wouldn't budge...

When the Cowboys were on the clock and most thought they would go Ramsey with him being graded by most the best player in the entire draft all I could think was "there is no way he passes on Ezekiel Elliot." Jerry just seems set on every year making some ridiculous splash. Now his son has kept him somewhat under control the past few years but with Elliot I just kept thinking he has Cowboys written all over him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pissed.

Which is almost as good as happy.

Maybe I'll be happy in the second? I prolly won't be pissed, so that's good.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is probably the hardest of the 3 to project. He comes from the least pro style offense of the 3 and even though he has 3 years of starting experience still looks very raw for a QB prospect. Really at this point he is physically the perfect make up for a QB but everything else that you want in a QB is a complete question mark. I hate to say this but those type of players rarely make it in the league but it doesn't mean they can't. I look at guys like Cam Newton who was more known for his physical skills than his mental make up has really turned into a very good QB. This past season Tyrod Taylor really showed well as he has developed over the last few years. I am cautiously optimistic. The nice thing for the Broncos is unlike the other 2 teams that drafted a QB if they figure out Lynch isn't the guy they haven't fully mortgaged the future to have gotten him. They did not put all their eggs into one basket.

I think he'll be pretty good...just don't know, whereas I had seen enough of Winston to know...this kid has it, been on the big stage and won...saw him throw picks, but not get rattled and lose confidence...he carried his team.

To your point in bold...that's largely why he was viewed early on as the best QB prospect in this class and started to slip once people honed in on his game, and the poor bowl game performance....imo the Broncos did good work landing a starting caliber QB starting from the 31st slot.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, I will give you that. But not sure how reputable Chad Reuter is. That guy mocked seattle picking him, and one of the few mocks he got right after the first five picks. Seems like little more than bending his elbow to slap himself on the back considering he needed to save face after he projected Myles Jack as being taken 6th overall. NFL.com ifedi in the 2nd to 3rd round earlier. And PFF's major concern of his was his pass protection which he ranked 76th out of all available offensive lineman. How many times was Wilson sacked last year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be pretty good...just don't know, whereas I had seen enough of Winston to know...this kid has it, been on the big stage and won...saw him throw picks, but not get rattled and lose confidence...he carried his team.

To your point in bold...that's largely why he was viewed early on as the best QB prospect in this class and started to slip once people honed in on his game, and the poor bowl game performance....imo the Broncos did good work landing a starting caliber QB starting from the 31st slot.

Yeah I actually back in October before many were talking about Lynch said to fellow Bronco fans that I wish we had the chance to draft a guy like Lynch as he looks special. The teams late season fall off and then especially his Bowl Game though really brought him back down to earth a bit. Before those games though there was serious talk that this kid could be the 1st overall pick. So it does show he has plenty of work ahead of him. Late in the 1st round though at the QB position you are not getting a refined player. If he was refined he would be going top-5. This was the best case scenario the Broncos could hope for at the end of round 1. Lots of question marks will remain for a few years with this kid but he has some tools that get you very excited. Wouldn't surprise me to see him be a huge bust either though. There is a reason so many teams passed on this kid.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will give you that. But not sure how reputable Chad Reuter is. That guy mocked seattle picking him, and one of the few mocks he got right after the first five picks. Seems like little more than bending his elbow to slap himself on the back considering he needed to save face after he projected Myles Jack as being taken 6th overall. NFL.com ifedi in the 2nd to 3rd round earlier. And PFF's major concern of his was his pass protection which he ranked 76th out of all available offensive lineman. How many times was Wilson sacked last year?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly kidding around... but... The niners traded up into the first round from the second round to get the best offensive lineman still on the board and probably one of if not the best run blocking OL in the draft. To do that all they gave up was one of their three 4th round picks and one of their four 6th round picks. They still have 5 picks in those two rounds. They gave up very little for one of the teams with the most late round draft picks.

And the knock is that they could have stayed put and gotten him later.

Which may or may not be true. All the posturing now about draft slots and guy's impact is just noise really, we'll have to wait a couple of years minimum to truly grade how this draft works out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the guy who's reasoning skills include justifying a horrible draft by the fact that he thinks his team can still beat a team that is considered a bottom five NFL team. Not surprised you don't get my reasoning. :D

P.S. still waiting for the link of the folks who graded Seattles draft an A.

Dude, just stop. Schneider ROUTINELY gets panned for his drafts, with low B --- D grades every freaking year. And every freaking year, his drafts end up rating much higher.

Good luck with that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the knock is that they could have stayed put and gotten him later.

Which may or may not be true. All the posturing now about draft slots and guy's impact is just noise really, we'll have to wait a couple of years minimum to truly grade how this draft works out.

Always got to love how every year analyst will say "This kid is a safe pick and will be great for many years to come" yet then watch that player become nothing in the NFL. We really have no clue. Plenty of athletes have developed into great football players and plenty of guys who were incredible in college busted big time in the NFL.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with Decker.

He is the perfect need meeting grade. Not a reach, not a slider, but right about where a tackle of his rating should have gone considering the value tackles have.

I would have been interested in seeing if the Lions would have taken Tunsil if he was available. My guess is not. He slid for reasons other than pot. Or pot had a small part to play but I kept hearing work ethic, off field issues, and health.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always got to love how every year analyst will say "This kid is a safe pick and will be great for many years to come" yet then watch that player become nothing in the NFL. We really have no clue. Plenty of athletes have developed into great football players and plenty of guys who were incredible in college busted big time in the NFL.

Right, and it's not even the contrary opinion that bugs me, Ifedi may end up being awful. It's the snarky :dhd:
b.s. (omfg, yur so stupidz) that pushes my buttons.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is such a true statement when talking about tackles and QBs. Aaron Rogers gets past over and slides to Green Bay and becomes the steal of the draft.

Lane Johnson, Jake Fisher, Jake Long and a host of the early tackles never realize the level many hope they do when taken early. But the talking heads tell you how great they are and will be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I actually back in October before many were talking about Lynch said to fellow Bronco fans that I wish we had the chance to draft a guy like Lynch as he looks special. The teams late season fall off and then especially his Bowl Game though really brought him back down to earth a bit. Before those games though there was serious talk that this kid could be the 1st overall pick. So it does show he has plenty of work ahead of him. Late in the 1st round though at the QB position you are not getting a refined player. If he was refined he would be going top-5. This was the best case scenario the Broncos could hope for at the end of round 1. Lots of question marks will remain for a few years with this kid but he has some tools that get you very excited. Wouldn't surprise me to see him be a huge bust either though. There is a reason so many teams passed on this kid.

IMO, the bust potential is probably greatest with Goff, then Wentz...nothing to do with the players themselves, but because the teams are not as strong. Fisher is not a good QB guy, period...they have decent to average playmakers to get the ball to...I hope Gurley doesn't get beat in the ground while they're trying to develop Goff.

Not to blow smoke up their butt, but DEN can handle mediocre to bad QB play and still be competitive...win another SB? Probably not, but they shouldn't drop to a .500 or below team with Lynch.

The team I was most surprised that passed...the Jets.