• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I don't necessarily mind the player. I despise that we traded a 4th to move up 2 spots to get him.

In a draft where you could've thrown a dart at a top 10 big board and come away with a day-one, every down starter, we traded up to get a situational pass-rusher, at probably our most stacked position? :wtf:

Kid better be the second coming of Lawrence fucking Taylor.

I know they are getting hammered on grades for this, but when John Fox targets a defensive person, then "believe"!

I'm not saying Taylor esq, but there is wheels in motion that make you think there was a solid reason for this and it might not show this season, but this big good very well be a "huge pick"...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It's a hedge if we can't sign both Star and Kawaan, and it was the best value pick. It's a lot tougher picking at #31, gotta take BPA.

I really like the pick for the Panthers. Like you said big money possibly up and coming for that position and really it is a position you need 3-4 qualities guys to be able to rotate in. For the Panthers a big part of their defense was the pressure they could generate up the middle. So adding a guy that can really push the pocket makes a lot of sense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they are getting hammered on grades for this, but when John Fox targets a defensive person, then "believe"!

I'm not saying Taylor esq, but there is wheels in motion that make you think there was a solid reason for this and it might not show this season, but this big good very well be a "huge pick"...

His only two other defensive top 10 picks.....Julius Peppers and Von Miller.

I will definitely wait to see how it pans out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only two other defensive top 10 picks.....Julius Peppers and Von Miller.

I will definitely wait to see how it pans out.

I think Floyd was a decent pick. Those other 2 guys though that you listed were easily top-5 options and both known much more for their pass rushing skills as they showed it more in college. Still Fox has shown well to get the most out of his defensive players and gives them a nice compliment to McPhee.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick was fine...needed a S and got one of the top in the class. We'll find out how good this kid is fairly quickly though because he's going to play early. I see him playing the same role Willie Mo did.

But, if they don't land a pass rusher or impact LB today, I think we can turn negative in earnest.
That's true. We've taken a few stabs at that position in later rounds recently but they didn't turn out to be the guy we were looking for quite yet. I'm just not sure a safety makes as big of an impact as a LB or shoring up the d-line but we'll see how it turns out. Who do you think we're targeting in the 2nd round? It looks like Ragland, Dodd, Jack, Robinson, and Henry are all still on the board. All of those guys except Henry were expected to go in the first. Do you think we take BPA or possibly go for Henry if a few of those guys are available? Technically we do need a tight end but I would prefer to stick with someone on the defensive side of the ball in the 2nd round. Jack still has his knee issues but the risk isn't quite as high in the 2nd and it might be worth it there to take him if we are actually interested.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy. Love our pick.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with our pick at 7 but the pick at 24 made no fucking sense

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with it for now. If Oz can get the ball to Hopkins and Fuller, we can suddenly become a dangerous passing team.

Certainly done a good job of getting some weapons for our new QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.

Osweiler started one year at P5 Arizona State.

Lynch started three years at G5 Memphis. Got better every year.

Athleticism to me is the other big difference other than games played between these kids. It is why Paxton could be ready much sooner than that of Osweiler because when a play breaks down he can use his legs to make a play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. We've taken a few stabs at that position in later rounds recently but they didn't turn out to be the guy we were looking for quite yet. I'm just not sure a safety makes as big of an impact as a LB or shoring up the d-line but we'll see how it turns out. Who do you think we're targeting in the 2nd round? It looks like Ragland, Dodd, Jack, Robinson, and Henry are all still on the board. All of those guys except Henry were expected to go in the first. Do you think we take BPA or possibly go for Henry if a few of those guys are available? Technically we do need a tight end but I would prefer to stick with someone on the defensive side of the ball in the 2nd round. Jack still has his knee issues but the risk isn't quite as high in the 2nd and it might be worth it there to take him if we are actually interested.

Maybe there is a national feed for this, but I just heard Quinn's thoughts on the pick while out for lunch.

His words...paraphrasing...we wanted to shore up the backend of the DEF with a guy that can be a force in the run game and at the same time cover TEs, RBs and we think this guy has all the tools for be a good one.

Apparently they didn't see the bigger Lee being able to do that...this imo was not a BPA pick, but if he turns out to be the next Cam Chancellor...we'll quickly forget how we felt about this pick. That said...still surprised they left Lawson on the board.

2nd? Good question...Jack...KC is in perfect position with two 2nd rd picks to take him...yes, I would take a chance if he were there @ 50.

Of the grouping...I like Dodd the best because I think he can play strong side DE opposite Vic.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best I've slept in 3 years.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred they go with Ramsey because of the DL depth in the draft, but Bosa was the guy I wanted when the CFB season ended so I still like the pick. I could see them doubling down on DL with their round 2 pick with some of the guys still available, will be interesting to see what happens.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Broncos pick yes I am happy!

I realize the Broncos are probably going to have to show some patience with the kid but they also have that luxury.

Yeah. It's not like anyone would be pushing Buttfumble for the starter's role anytime soon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's not like anyone would be pushing Buttfumble for the starter's role anytime soon.

I think he will definitely push him and I honestly do think Lynch at some point this season takes over the startin role but I doubt he is ready week 1 to start. Yes Sanchez is not the greatest option ever but the Broncos did win last year with some of the worst QB play in the entire league. Have to see if that magic can continue and have Sanchez mostly just play game manager and not turn it over.