• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I feel a change in the air. Gilliam looks good, Glowinski I have high hopes for, he looked better then Sweezy ever did the one start he had. Sokoli hasn't gotten a chance yet, being converted from defense to offense can be a big step, but the coaching staff seems to think he could be special, Ifedi is going to be solid IMO and more OL are going to be drafted. IDK this may be the year they actual build a really good OL.:hope:

I remember when the Seahawks traded for Whitehurst, then T. Jackson, I was wondering if they would ever have a franchise QB, but then they hit on the right guy. I kind of feel this is what happening with the Seahawks OL, right now, in this draft.:nod:

Yes I'm very happy with the pick.

And I think you have plenty of reason to like the pick. The guy has huge upside at a major position of need. My biggest worry with him is more I don't think he will be very good year 1 like a lot of OL players drafted. A&M has been a terrible university in coaching up their OL. They always get ridiculously athletic guys on the OL that can help them make up for their lack of solid mechanics but that also means they really struggle in the NFL for a while. Again the kid though has huge upside.

Also as you said there could be a turning of the tide. I watched the Broncos for years struggle to draft DL. Then in the last few years all of a sudden then have had some of the better DL drafts of any team in the league. It happens. That is part of the draft process is you have to figure out by trial and error what works and what doesn't work. I will say Wilson has to be excited that the team is really investing in the OL once again.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, very true. I try to not get too worked up about the draft because at the end of the day, I don't know shit about anything.

Haha, honestly I don't either. I don't pay much attention to college ball. I just know if we actually kept a score on how good experts were at projecting these guys success in the NFL, we wouldn't call them experts anymore. Best to just wait and see and not waste to much energy on ut IMO.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not? Being upset about it isn't going to magically turn it into Ramsey anyway and Elliot should be fun to watch behind our line.

Now if our defense can't hold the opposing teams defense and forces us to pass and not really use Elliot, I suppose then I might be a little upset.

They sure as hell better spend their 2nd round pick on defense though.
I'm impressed with Elliot. I have heard a lot of the talking heads say it was a bad pick for Dallas but I don't see it that way. Elliot is very talented. I think he'll be a good fit for Dallas.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just having fun with you guys.... but... Schneider has made one good first round draft pick in his career. Earl Thomas. No wonder he has traded away the last three first round picks. IF only one of those trades actually worked out. But I like his thinking this year.... trade down before you blow your first round pick to stock up on lower round picks where you occasionally find a gem. :dhd:

Uh-huh. Laugh it up chuckles. Hey, if you don't amuse yourself....

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The color man for the UCLA Bruins said Clark was a stud. 107.5 the Fan out of Green Bay had him on the radio today and he was really high on the kid.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot is great in pass protection while being a great downhill runner which fits right in with the Offense the Cowboys run. Elliot puts them back to where they were 2 years ago when they went 12-4 and won the East.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with Elliot. I have heard a lot of the talking heads say it was a bad pick for Dallas but I don't see it that way. Elliot is very talented. I think he'll be a good fit for Dallas.

I think so too... I think most just think the cowboys had other positions they really needed to fill first. Its kind of funny because last year many were upset that they didn't draft a RB.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot is great in pass protection while being a great downhill runner which fits right in with the Offense the Cowboys run. Elliot puts them back to where they were 2 years ago when they went 12-4 and won the East.

Hope you are right

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the list of fast WRs that play on the outside is Coleman and the guy they picked and thats about it. I'm fairly lukewarm on the pick but as good as Hopkins is, he is godawful at YAC. There are worse things than having an odd couple at WR.

I think the Steelers pick was worse, for what thats worth. It looks like the Bengals took their guy and they panicked.

I hear you on the contrasting styles...Still think that was one of the worse picks, you don't take a WR that high when you have a solid #1 already...either that or CHI moving up to up to get the UGA LB.

Burns...trying to take my bias hat off...did they want WJ3...I think so.

You would have to tell me the difference in the players games, but on the surface...he's a zone CB, has the size, length, and speed they covet...reach? yeah, but Joesph and Neal off the board and the potential for another 3-4 CBs to roll off by 58...they made the pick at 25....panic...I'll let that be your call.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, very true. I try to not get too worked up about the draft because at the end of the day, I don't know shit about anything.

I'd love to have that gig, but basically you don't get paid to be right...you get paid to at least know what to say about these players.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the pick for the Panthers. Like you said big money possibly up and coming for that position and really it is a position you need 3-4 qualities guys to be able to rotate in. For the Panthers a big part of their defense was the pressure they could generate up the middle. So adding a guy that can really push the pocket makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, there wasn't the kind of quick-twitch edge rusher we were looking for (Ogbah's ok, but looks like a tweener in a pro 4-3 to me, Kevin Dodd more of a run-stopper), no value at CB to replace J-No. Gettleman said they were had Butler graded at 20, and were lucky to get him. And we're actually thin at DT right now after cutting Dwan Edwards.

I watched Lynch play a few times last year, and he can make the throws, including downfield. Good investment, certainly better than your last first-rounder in '10. To me, he prototypes just like Osweiler.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely.

yes, Ramsey was the smart choice, but Elliott is a stud. All around, run, block like a mofo, and catch. Going to have fun watching him play.

Romo's only got a year or two: defense needs a lot of help, thus try to patch it up a bit and go for the explosive offense. Time is a factor. When Romo is gone, will have to start over with a new quarterback: that'll be the time to concentrate on a longterm defense rebuild. imo.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Cowboys were on the clock and most thought they would go Ramsey with him being graded by most the best player in the entire draft all I could think was "there is no way he passes on Ezekiel Elliot." Jerry just seems set on every year making some ridiculous splash. Now his son has kept him somewhat under control the past few years but with Elliot I just kept thinking he has Cowboys written all over him.

It was especially with that Oline, Mayock says he's a better RB now than Murray was, so you know Jerry is thinking glory days with Emmitt Smith...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what they did..... Question is are you happy? I notice you talked all about the pick without even mentioning his name.

PFF ranked it a D- :dhd:

Some say the 9ers moved up and stole the offensive lineman the seahawks intended on picking.... :dhd::dhd:

I think the 9ers had a great draft. They got the best defensive lineman if not player in the draft and arguably the best run blocking offensive lineman. Solid.
Dude, just like that Tunsil guy someone hacked your SportsHoopla acct in an attempt to make you look like a dumbass. They exceeded their expectations so you need to fix this fast.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I didn't like it because I thought we only drafted WJIII just to one-up the Steelers, but when I really think about it, we're not as deep in the secondary as others might think. Kirkpatrick has been a bust and Dennard is always hurt. Then when he is on the field, he hasn't looked impressive at all. Hopefully WJIII sticks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Quite pleased with the Buckner pick as QB is the most important single position in football but defensive line is the most important position group.

We've seen it time and time again that teams with great defensive lines tend to very successful. I mean Denver just rode amazing front 7 play to a Super Bowl win and as much press the Legion of Boom gets in Seattle it really wasn't until they added Avril and especially Bennett that their defense went from pretty good to tops in the league.

With the pick of Armstead last year who was PFF's number 1 rated 3-4 defensive end in pass-rushing productivity (albeit he didn't have a ton of snaps) and combined with Buckner who is supposed to project as a better version of Armstead it's like having Calais Campbell manning each end spot.

If the 9ers can get a quality ILB to play next to Bowman and get some pass rush productivity out of the OLB opposite of Aaron Lynch they potentially could have one of the scarier front 7s in the league.