• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked. I just found the evidence

When I asked someone else.... I used the word reputable. I know one of your links was from NFL.com... but that guy... seriously look at his mock drafts.
Dude, just stop. Schneider ROUTINELY gets panned for his drafts, with low B --- D grades every freaking year. And every freaking year, his drafts end up rating much higher.

Good luck with that.

I am just having fun with you guys.... but... Schneider has made one good first round draft pick in his career. Earl Thomas. No wonder he has traded away the last three first round picks. IF only one of those trades actually worked out. But I like his thinking this year.... trade down before you blow your first round pick to stock up on lower round picks where you occasionally find a gem. :dhd:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling like the guy who couldn't get a date hearing story's about the prom.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling like the guy who couldn't get a date hearing story's about the prom.

Just be glad you aren't an Eagles fan who has a 1st round pick, but then doesn't have another draft pick till 2019.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy? No.

Unhappy? No.

The Steelers needed a buncha stuff...CB, S, DT, OLB, ILB, but what they were not looking for at 25 was a starter unless the guy just overwhelmed in camp and knock a vet off the job.

6 back end def players went off the board before 25 and I guess Colbert and MT thought that run would continue in the 2nd rd so they took the best available at a need position.

The good...my top DTs are still on the board, and the S crop starts to look very similar after Bell.

I thought maybe they'd take a crack at Vonn Bell.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the guy who's reasoning skills include justifying a horrible draft by the fact that he thinks his team can still beat a team that is considered a bottom five NFL team. Not surprised you don't get my reasoning. :D

P.S. still waiting for the link of the folks who graded Seattles draft an A.
Where did I even attempt to justify anything? :noidea: Your reading skills are once again very much in question. I gave you some ribbing back from the post where you did the same and you simply don't understand it.

As for waiting for a link to the A-, I didn't see you ask for one. Of course you are only asking so you can laugh at them because you know more than they do right?

Live 2016 NFL Draft Grades - WalterFootball.com

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I could probably name 10 players that I feel are better football players than Taylor Decker. I feel that we needed to upgrade the LT spot (Riley Reiff) and move our LT to RT instead of upgrading the RT, essentially giving us 2 tackle that should be on the right side. If you can't upgrade LT then take a better player at another position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought maybe they'd take a crack at Vonn Bell.

I think they felt better about getting a S in the 2nd rd once Keanu and Joesph were off the board...Bell is going get snapped up early tonight...TN has so many damn picks next round they can pretty much do what they want with 33...wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in TN if CLE doesn't take him.

I wasn't impressed with the 1st pick of the new regime in CLE, they went need pretty much like PIT did...but they have a boatload of picks...they will be busy tonight. Can they afford to take Jack with 3 more picks in the 3rd?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they felt better about getting a S in the 2nd rd once Keanu and Joesph were off the board...Bell is going get snapped up early tonight...TN has so many damn picks next round they can pretty much do what they want with 33...wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in TN if CLE doesn't take him.

I wasn't impressed with the 1st pick of the new regime in CLE, they went need pretty much like PIT did...but they have a boatload of picks...they will be busy tonight. Can they afford to take Jack with 3 more picks in the 3rd?

I liked the position they chose, but I would have thought Treadwell would have been the #1 WR on the board. But, I'm no NFL scout. They say they got their guy, so be it.

The knee situation really concerns me. IMO, they either trade 32 to someone else in the early 2nd or they end up taking a d-lineman...maybe a stud DT to play alongside Danny Shelton.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I could probably name 10 players that I feel are better football players than Taylor Decker. I feel that we needed to upgrade the LT spot (Riley Reiff) and move our LT to RT instead of upgrading the RT, essentially giving us 2 tackle that should be on the right side. If you can't upgrade LT then take a better player at another position.

LT is still a premium over RT, but that gap is considerably closer now with passing being a lot more of the game and DEF are adjusting with more pass rush guys...the strong side DE/OLB is no longer just a run stopper that might get a little pressure every now and them....everyone is going to bookend pass rushers if they can.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't say that I am! :tsk::mad2::gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the position they chose, but I would have thought Treadwell would have been the #1 WR on the board. But, I'm no NFL scout. They say they got their guy, so be it.

The knee situation really concerns me. IMO, they either trade 32 to someone else in the early 2nd or they end up taking a d-lineman...maybe a stud DT to play alongside Danny Shelton.

Taking the 1st WR off the board, they certainly got THEIR guy if you will...Lawson would have been my pick @ 15 and @ 25 Billings (who didn't even go come off the board last night), so what do I know as well?

Jack...no question his knee is a risk for 31 teams to pass on a top 10 talent...but in this round, I wouldn't be that concerned with so many more picks for a team like CLE or TN.

The two best picks imo...BUF and MIA....they got the Ole Miss potheads, but if they can stay on the field, should be 2nd contract players with their respective teams at the very least.

Headscratcher...HOU, they have a legit WR1 not sure they needed to go WR this early. Guys like Sheppard, Boyd, Malcom Mitchell tonight seem like good fits.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headscratcher...HOU, they have a legit WR1 not sure they needed to go WR this early. Guys like Sheppard, Boyd, Malcom Mitchell tonight seem like good fits.
I think the list of fast WRs that play on the outside is Coleman and the guy they picked and thats about it. I'm fairly lukewarm on the pick but as good as Hopkins is, he is godawful at YAC. There are worse things than having an odd couple at WR.

I think the Steelers pick was worse, for what thats worth. It looks like the Bengals took their guy and they panicked.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not? Being upset about it isn't going to magically turn it into Ramsey anyway and Elliot should be fun to watch behind our line.

Now if our defense can't hold the opposing teams defense and forces us to pass and not really use Elliot, I suppose then I might be a little upset.

They sure as hell better spend their 2nd round pick on defense though.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Seattle though hasn't been that great about drafting OL talent.

True but I feel a change in the air. Gilliam looks good, Glowinski I have high hopes for, he looked better then Sweezy ever did the one start he had. Sokoli hasn't gotten a chance yet, being converted from defense to offense can be a big step, but the coaching staff seems to think he could be special, Ifedi is going to be solid IMO and more OL are going to be drafted. IDK this may be the year they actual build a really good OL.:hope:

I remember when the Seahawks traded for Whitehurst, then T. Jackson, I was wondering if they would ever have a franchise QB, but then they hit on the right guy. I kind of feel this is what happening with the Seahawks OL, right now, in this draft.:nod:

Yes I'm very happy with the pick.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the 1st WR off the board, they certainly got THEIR guy if you will...Lawson would have been my pick @ 15 and @ 25 Billings (who didn't even go come off the board last night), so what do I know as well?

Jack...no question his knee is a risk for 31 teams to pass on a top 10 talent...but in this round, I wouldn't be that concerned with so many more picks for a team like CLE or TN.

The two best picks imo...BUF and MIA....they got the Ole Miss potheads, but if they can stay on the field, should be 2nd contract players with their respective teams at the very least.

Houston had a WR1 already, but not much after that. They're gearing up with a new QB and new RB. I guess they coulda gone OL or something, but they pretty badly need some playmakers.

Tunsil's off the field issues are a worry. I'm not too familiar with why Treadwell dropped so far, but I think he was a steal when he was taken. Guy is a beast.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not? Being upset about it isn't going to magically turn it into Ramsey anyway and Elliot should be fun to watch behind our line.

Now if our defense can't hold the opposing team defense forces us to pass and not really use Elliot, I suppose then I might be a little upset.

They sure a hell better spend their 2nd round pick on defense though.

Funny thing is today I've heard a lot of people poo-pooing Ramsey and his inability to be a cover corner (what the cowboys would have used him as mostly) and his terrible INT numbers.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i think we could have gotten him at 15...

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is today I've heard a lot of people poo-pooing Ramsey and his inability to be a cover corner (what the cowboys would have used him as mostly) and his terrible INT numbers.

Fact is, until these guys hit the NFL field, none of it is a given. You got all these "experts" that are supposed to be able able project how good these guys are going to be but they rarely completely agree and most them couldn't bat in the majors with their projection percentage.

I remember when Mo' Claiborne was supposed to be the next coming of Deion Sanders.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, until these guys hit the NFL field, none of it is a given. You got all these "experts" that are supposed to be able able project how good these guys are going to be but they rarely completely agree and most them couldn't bat in the majors with their projection percentage.

I remember when Mo' Claiborne was supposed to be the next coming of Deion Sanders.

Haha, very true. I try to not get too worked up about the draft because at the end of the day, I don't know shit about anything.