• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jetpack Galileo is not a rocket scientist.
He is a self-described "fantay football astronaut"
I should take this very seriously!
Take it easy, plenty of draft breakdowns from better sources posted in this thread. Jetpack ( whoever he is) was just one of the earliest online.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent McDuffie. Lance Zerlein's comp is Jaire Alexander so the expectations are high with him. I remember looking at Jaire coming out and he was a boom/bust type of prospect. Really scrappy, really confident, really good mover. Reminded me of Cortland Finnegan but Jaire is definitely better. McDuffie says he models some of his game after Honey Badger and thats the fit on the Chiefs. McDuffie is a better athlete than Matheiu but the Honey Badger was the leader on the defense so its hard to project the fit from the neck up.

George Karlaftis. I see him in that Chris Long mold. Maybe more explosive than Long but Karlaftis has a good first move and will get pressures but Im not fully sure he'll ever be that top tier pass rusher or a solid run defender. I'd imagine he is more of a replacement to Melvin Ingram than Frank Clark.

Skyy Moore. Hands, 10 yd split, and Tackle breaking was the best in class. The big question is his ability to handle a major jump in competition and his ability to win over the top. Should be more of a chain mover than a big play guy. I like him in the Christian Kirk role in this style of offense.

Bryan Cook. Thought he was a bit of a reach, tbh. Really athletic but not as developed as you'd want to see. Should fill in that 'Dirty Dan' money role which was still seeing about half of the snaps.

Leo Chenal. Thought he was a bit of a steal. Should see the field on the half of the snaps Cook isnt on the field. Not as good at coverage as Nick Bolton but his size means that he'll probably do everything else better. Chenal and Bolton on the field at the same time should be very stout against the run. Chenel might just take Bolton off the field against the Chargers and Bills just so they have someone large enough to actually sack their QBs. Bolton also played a ton of snaps last year so just having someone else there helps.

From there, the Chiefs have their usual late round CB that they usually do better than any other team with. Kinnard is that developmental RT prospect that they need to round out their oline. Fantastic pick imo. Rutgers RB should deep Darwin Thompson off the team. Might beat out Gore.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy, plenty of draft breakdowns from better sources posted in this thread. Jetpack ( whoever he is) was just one of the earliest online.
Not worked up.
I'm laughing over an obvious troll post.
Do you really think the Seahawks deserve an F?
He wrote this rating before the draft - with all the winning teams except KC getting an F and all the losers getting A's

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worked up.
I'm laughing over an obvious troll post.
Do you really think the Seahawks deserve an F?
He wrote this rating before the draft - with all the winning teams except KC getting an F and all the losers getting A's
He gave the Seahawks A grade, not a F

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the NFL draft was happening, didn't care one iota. I watch "real" sports, which means MLB, NBA (playoffs), and NHL (playoffs). This USFL nonsense need not apply.
Don't care about NFL draft one iota so chose to comment in a thread about the NFL draft?

Ya gotta love this forum.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have no QB. This is the Patriots 4th round pick:

Drew Lock Football GIF by Broncos

Excuse you?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My answer to this question on the redskins board.

My thoughts. I kind of like the idea of getting players that y’all hadn’t been clamoring over, because it seems in the past that our drafts always got those players, and redskins didn’t get much better. It’s almost like the players were drafted based on a kiper board or such in the past.

The qb in the fifth round was very much worth the spot. Great value. I also like the fact as far as I can tell all the picks speak English

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The context is that by most draft metrics, right or wrong(often wrong), the pats reached on players. But you know that and are about to spin.:trash:
New England Patriots: B-
Bill Belichick certainly zigs when the rest of the league zags, and that is reflected in the decisions the New England Patriots made at the start of the draft. After trading down from 21 overall with the Kansas City Chiefs — a move many anticipated given the Patriots’ recent history of draft-day trades — the Patriots added interior offensive lineman Cole Strange from Chattanooga. Strange generated a lot of buzz during the pre-draft process and is a great athlete at the position, but the pick was still a bit earlier than most expected. Then the organiztaion addressed a need at wide receiver in the middle of the second round, adding the speedy Tyquan Thornton from Baylor. Thornton posted the fastest 40-yard dash at the Combine among receivers, and gives the Patriots a vertical presence in the passing game.
Marcus Jones was built in a lab to play cornerback for Belichick, and his ability to play inside and outside is a plus. He is also undersized, which might see him used primarily in the slot at the next level. He was also one of the most productive kick returners in all of college football the past few seasons, and Belichick loves special teams value.
They began Day Three with adding another undersized cornerback, Jack Jones from Arizona State. Jones has fantastic change-of-direction skills as well as the ability to explode into passing lanes when playing off coverage. Then they brought in Pierre Strong Jr., a shifty running back from South Dakota State. When they drafted quarterback Bailey Zappe, it might have raised more eyebrows, but his accuracy and pocket management fit their quarterback profile.
Perhaps the underlying theme of this draft from New England? Speed. For years Patriots fans have been clamoring for more athleticism. With this class, they got faster.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No games being played and the draft is all we got to talk about for the time being.
Enjoy it. Your team had a great draft and the reporters all agree.

I'm enjoying the draft and most of the reporters agree with themselves and always use this time of year to dump on Belichick and the Patriots.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots: B-
Bill Belichick certainly zigs when the rest of the league zags, and that is reflected in the decisions the New England Patriots made at the start of the draft. After trading down from 21 overall with the Kansas City Chiefs — a move many anticipated given the Patriots’ recent history of draft-day trades — the Patriots added interior offensive lineman Cole Strange from Chattanooga. Strange generated a lot of buzz during the pre-draft process and is a great athlete at the position, but the pick was still a bit earlier than most expected. Then the organiztaion addressed a need at wide receiver in the middle of the second round, adding the speedy Tyquan Thornton from Baylor. Thornton posted the fastest 40-yard dash at the Combine among receivers, and gives the Patriots a vertical presence in the passing game.
Marcus Jones was built in a lab to play cornerback for Belichick, and his ability to play inside and outside is a plus. He is also undersized, which might see him used primarily in the slot at the next level. He was also one of the most productive kick returners in all of college football the past few seasons, and Belichick loves special teams value.
They began Day Three with adding another undersized cornerback, Jack Jones from Arizona State. Jones has fantastic change-of-direction skills as well as the ability to explode into passing lanes when playing off coverage. Then they brought in Pierre Strong Jr., a shifty running back from South Dakota State. When they drafted quarterback Bailey Zappe, it might have raised more eyebrows, but his accuracy and pocket management fit their quarterback profile.
Perhaps the underlying theme of this draft from New England? Speed. For years Patriots fans have been clamoring for more athleticism. With this class, they got faster.
I thought NE reached on some, but I'll cede BB knows a lot more about football than I do.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought NE reached on some, but I'll cede BB knows a lot more about football than I do.
I thought some of these picks were reaches too - until I researched the subjects.
Like many people, I was surprised, and surprised that the pundits were surprised!

The small school picks the pundits should not be ashamed of missing. After all, they spend 10 minutes where BB and staff study for 2 years.
They want all the thinking to be inside the box. They are caught off guard when teams think outside the box.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy it. Your team had a great draft and the reporters all agree.

I'm enjoying the draft and most of the reporters agree with themselves and always use this time of year to dump on Belichick and the Patriots.
Yeah it's tough for fans of teams picking towards the end of rounds because it's just so tough to know what to do. Heck the Rams have decided they are just going to trade all their firsts away for the foreseeable future, sometimes teams look and see all the premium positions have been picked over bare so they say the heck it we'll just take a RB we like ( Chiefs take CEH, Pats taking Michel, Seahawks taking Penny for examples), some teams decide they'll just trade down, down, down and collect a hundred picks figuring some will hit. None of these options is very satisfying for fans and of course the talking heads ( who don't know shit) just love roasting teams/GM/coaches because criticism sells better then praise( and when they praise it can be nauseating). It sure does feel good when your team actual has a good draft position for a change like the Seahawks did this year and I plan to enjoy it.