• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs did a good job of actually giving Spagnuolo the proper players to run the defense he wants to run.

Unfortunately, I think the Chiefs caught the end of talent runs at Edge, WR, and RT. I think they'll get starters there but not a lot of sizzle. You never know, though, and Veach gave the team a chance

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pleased given the draft position. Very excited to see these guys hit the field and earn snaps.

McDuffie: Day 1 starter
Karlaftis: Day 1 starter
Moore: Day 1 starter
Cook: should see snaps as a 3rd safety
Chanel: should see snaps as a SAM.
Williams: Replaces Mike Hughes rotationally, lengthens CB depth
Kinnard: Could compete with Niang for the RT job or if Niang isn't healthy right way

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the NFL draft was happening, didn't care one iota. I watch "real" sports, which means MLB, NBA (playoffs), and NHL (playoffs). This USFL nonsense need not apply.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the NFL draft was happening, didn't care one iota. I watch "real" sports, which means MLB, NBA (playoffs), and NHL (playoffs). This USFL nonsense need not apply.
Will thanks for sharing how much you don't care by posting in this forum. Nobody cares if you care, so please spare us your useless drivel.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving NE a C, based on potential and filling positions of need.

They certainly got faster.

Typical BB style draft leaving us scratching our heads.

My two favorite things from this draft; Cole Strange G/C who everyone is saying was a huge reach may turn out to be an anchor on the Oline for years to come. Lots of intangibles plus quick (fastest of the OLs at the combine IIRC) and strong 31 reps on the bench.

Speed speed speed, the new Al Davis. STs will be vastly improved.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So drafts are graded as successful or failures. I'm thinking given the short timeline it was the best he could do.
Yep,

Appears to be lazy and leaves him open for lots of criticism down the road.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers draft:

Positives:
  • With the WR run early prior to GB pick I am happy they did not reach for WR at #22 or #28
  • This Packers GM has hit on defensive picks in 1st round (Alexander, Gary, Savage and Stokes) looking for fast athletic players. Walker and Wyatt both appear to fit this profile as well. If they pan out, Packers defense could be very good.
  • Picked up Watson in 2nd and Doubs in 4th round for some WR competition. None of the top names, but bringing in competition.
  • Like Rhyan (3rd rd) and Tom (4th rd) picks for OL... these look like Packers picks from middle of draft that tend to make it as starters eventually. Packers have done well drafting in middle rounds for OL, Bakhtiari, Linsley, Tretter, Sitton and Lang all drafted in middle rounds and at some point were All Pro or Pro Bowl players.
  • Some of the middle/late round picks appear they will help our #32 special teams situation.
Negatives:
  • WR run early in 1st round... was hoping Olave or Burks may drop to Packers, but did not happen.
  • Jermaine Johnson was there for Packers to pick at #22 and they passed. Unsure why he was falling... but for many, he was top 10-12 talent in the draft and plays a premium position with rushing the QB. Can never have too many pass rushers. Packers passed on TJ Watt in 1st round a few years ago.... not saying he is the next TJ Watt, but I experienced some deja vu with passing on him at #22.
  • Did not like Packers using their two 2nd round picks to move all the way up.... they got robbed on draft chart value. They always say do not fall in love with 1 player... but I think Packers felt pressure to get their WR in 2nd round and paid the price for it.
  • Walker felt like small reach in 1st round... maybe they could have moved back some spots and still got him and pick up some draft capital in process. Again I think they fell in love with the player.
Always takes a few years to know if draft was a success. For now I am intrigued with the selections.