• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02. I'm sure this will age like milk but here we go...

I don't hate what Arizona did. Hollywood Brown will likely be better with the Cardinals than he was with the Ravens. They keep their QB happy who quite frankly hasn't sounded all that happy lately. GMs job 1 is the QB spot so...yeah..I actually liked what the Cardinals did. Trey McBride was probably a top 2 TE. They got two productive college rushers but they'll have to put them in spots to win. Two swings at pass rushers, two swings at wide receiver.

Falcons draft is all about Ridder and London. Ridder, of all of the QBs, has the highest 'hit' potential imo. He does the most things you want a QB to do. The issue is that when he is off, its just all wrong.

Ravens draft is all over the place. Not sure they put their team in a position to win next year. Not sure they are keeping their QB happy. Top 2 picks are S and C which have lower positional value. Then they drafted a freakish Edge who might not be a factor for two years. Middle of the pack draft imo with the potential to be the worst draft.

Bills reached on their first two picks imo. Not a fan of Elam. Fan of Cook but he is an RB. Bernard was probably a reach. Drafted a punter. Do they even punt? Shakir has short arms and bad hands. Meh.

Panthers got Corral and an OT. This is protypical draft for a struggling offense. This is what you want to see out of a top draft. The issue? The QB probably stinks. It is Simms top QB prospect. Corral will need a year, though, and next years class will be better so...not sure what the point is. Eh.

Chicago got Gordon and Brisker and I think they needed both. Velus Jones is a speedy gadget guy but older and not developed so...thats all he is. This is probably as good as they could have done but because they got Fields last year they dont have the ammo to be in top draft class conversation.

Bengals just reloading. Big fan of Daxton Hill. Not sure this makes them any better at all but they're probably wondering how they're going to pay everyone.

Browns got some good depth. All you can expect, really.

I'm not really high on any of the Cowboys picks, though I do think they picked the right positions.

Broncos did well with their first two picks. Not sure I know enough to comment on the rest but they did okay.

Lions were in a position to dominate the draft and they did.

I like half of the Packers picks and hate the other half. I dont think their receivers are pro ready enough.

Texans had a great draft if I thought they were ready to compete. Stingley/Pietre is a great combo. I dont think the fundamentals of that team are strong enough to be at the top of the draft and pick a high floor guy like Metchie and a guard in rd1. Top 10 draft maybe.

Colts taking home run swings with their picks. I like Cross but Im not sure Pierce is the fit with old man Ryan.

Jaguars went all defense. For some reason. Their whole offseason strategy has been bizarre. I dont hate Walker #1 but the 2 LBs and a C following. Meh.

Chiefs. Yeah. Definitely top 10. Probably not top 5.

Raiders. Why did they even show up?

Chargers had a very boring draft. Spiller could be a difference maker for them. Not a huge fan of his but Chargers do push 4th downs a lot and a guy like Spiller could win games. Decent draft.

Rams say f' those picks. They're fine.

Miami says f those picks. They did fine.

Vikings look to fix their secondary. Not sure they picked the right guys after the first two. Okay draft. Not worth giving the Lions Williams.

Not a huge fan of a lot of the moves the Patriots have made this offseason. They did okay but not a lot to get excited about.

Saints draft sucked hard for what they gave up.

Giants draft looks like every Giants draft. Sexy picks that for whatever reason dont work out. Wandale Robinson is just a weird pick unless Toney gets moved. New York fans will watch Tyrod Taylor lead this team to 6 or 7 wins next year.

Jets are in the running for winning the draft. They were in position and took advantage.

Eagles made some big splashes. AJ Brown got paid. Jordan Davis is a projection but if he plays at least half of the snaps then they had a good draft. Dean could be a good value. Got the Saints to bite on a trade. Because of that trade, they're near the top.

Steelers have a ton of value. QB, WR, DL, WR. Did they actually pick the right players? If Pickett works out, they probably are the top draft. Pickens and Austin are a good WR combo. I wouldnt sleep on either one being successful at the next level.

Niners draft looks decent but they werent working with a lot. Drake Jackson is a projection but he bends well. Good pick imo. Reloading at HB again seems essential. Good draft for them.

Seahawks looks top 10 for sure. Setting the groundwork for the next QB. Maybe top 5 if both tackles hit.

Tampa Bay looks top 10. Not enough ammo to get to top 5.

Titans draft will take 3 years to properly analyze. Could be #1 overall. Could be average.

Commies draft stunk unless Howell hits.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on it's a grade immediately after the draft, so boom or bust it understandable. Got to say I'm loving all the outrage.
Meh I could care less about grades in general especially from a nobody. I would give the Browns a C

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expand on that.
Filled needs and got some depth but I didn’t necessary like the players picked, that’s all opinion though. I heard rumors the only reason Berry traded down was bc the Vikings GM, ex Brown, traded up in front of CLE to select Booth. He was their target. I think acquiring more mid round picks was a good backup plan though. I think David Bell was mixed reactions, people either thought that was great value or a terrible pick. Filled DT, CB, EDGE, WR needs for depth. The rest of FA will fill the starter spots though imo. Clowney-EDGE
Fuller -WR
Possibly another DT

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the initial shock of trading up wore off, I’m very happy with what Detroit was able to add to their roster.

Assuming the defense will still be well below average. But that’s a big improvement over about as bad as it gets.

Getting Paschal after moving down in the second is one of the better surprises of recent drafts.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams needed starters at RG and CB, a 3rd down blocker/receiver RB, a #2 TE, more pass rush, and S depth. The 1st 3 picks addressed the 1st 3 needs. The remaining picks were all about OL and DB depth. I don't know whether the players are any good or not but i'm very happy with what the team tried to do.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy with...the picks they..got...yes...
i wish there were ..more yes.....but..i guess ill wait for a few more free agents...

and check out next years guy..early..

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Giants

Overall not happy

Yes the first two picks were very good, but when you have the 5th and 7th overall picks you should walk away with some studs and they did. I guess I can give them some credit there for not screwing that up.

But After that i give them an overall C. In the 2nd round with Tight end as a big need and the best prospect at that position available in Trey McBride, instead they reached for a 5'8" WR, who although may turn out to be good, they could have picked up in the 3rd or possibly 4th round. After that, they just were reaching for a bunch of no name player who may or may not stick.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears had an OK draft. Couple of starters, some real good upside guys, some speedy situational special team types. C+ to B- draft.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The way the Vikes kept trading down, you'd think they were stacked at all positions.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. You can watch us in the playoffs this season...:heh:
Thanks. Would have preferred the Vikes had hired an experienced GM that had assembled winning teams instead of an analytics guy with no experience. I'm tired of drafting quantity over quality.

I gave the Vikes a D.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Would have preferred the Vikes had hired an experienced GM that had assembled winning teams instead of an analytics guy with no experience. I'm tired of drafting quantity over quality.

I gave the Vikes a D.
Agreed. GM's these days are VITAL when it comes to team building...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say they're 1, but they're top 5. :)

3. Kansas City Chiefs​

Grade: A

Key Picks: Trent McDuffie (CB, Washington), George Karlaftis (EDGE, Purdue), Skyy Moore (WR, Western Michigan), Bryan Cook (S, Cincinnati), Leo Chenal (LB, Wisconsin), Joshua Williams (CB, Fayetteville State)

Analysis: Can’t win shootouts forever, so the Chiefs were overdue to upgrade all three levels of defense. Mission accomplished with five of their first six picks, including the two first-rounders. Moore won’t be Tyreek Hill, but he’s destined for big numbers in that offense.

NY Post agrees.
Who the fuck does this guy think he is? Not that I wouldn’t give CLE a F but it’s either boom or bust with this guy

24. Cleveland Browns​

Grade: C-

Key Picks: Martin Emerson (CB, Mississippi State), David Bell (WR, Purdue), Alex Wright (EDGE, UAB), DT Perrion Winfrey (DT, Oklahoma), Cade York (K, LSU)

Analysis: Strange trade from No. 44 down to No. 68 after not having a first-rounder. Out of the running for a lot of more promising receivers by the time their first of three third-round picks was made. Winfrey was Senior Bowl MVP.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksb_logo.gif
Seattle Seahawks: B Grade

Goals Entering the 2022 NFL Draft:
The Seahawks have a talented roster, but no quarterback at the moment. This could change via a Baker Mayfield trade. If so, the Seahawks will need to make sure Mayfield succeeds, and that would entail bolstering the offensive line. The pass rush needs tons of help, too.

2022 NFL Draft Accomplishments: I like most of the picks the Seahawks made in the 2022 NFL Draft. Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas are two athletic tackles who will make Russell Wilson envious. Kenneth Walker is arguably the best running back in this class. Boye Mafe and Tyreke Smith were solid choices who will provide a much-needed injection into the pass rush. Cornerback was addressed as well with Coby Bryant and Tariq Woolen. The latter, in particular, provided tremendous value in the fifth round.

With so many excellent draft choices, the Seahawks would have received an "A" grade under normal circumstances. However, there's one major hole in their draft haul, and that would be quarterback. They had multiple opportunities to select whomever they wanted between Malik Willis, Matt Corral and Sam Howell, and they declined to pick any of them.

Yeah they were smart enough not to reach on mediocre QBs which should actually improve their score You jackass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Kansas City Chiefs​

Grade: A

Key Picks: Trent McDuffie (CB, Washington), George Karlaftis (EDGE, Purdue), Skyy Moore (WR, Western Michigan), Bryan Cook (S, Cincinnati), Leo Chenal (LB, Wisconsin), Joshua Williams (CB, Fayetteville State)

Analysis: Can’t win shootouts forever, so the Chiefs were overdue to upgrade all three levels of defense. Mission accomplished with five of their first six picks, including the two first-rounders. Moore won’t be Tyreek Hill, but he’s destined for big numbers in that offense.

NY Post agrees.

24. Cleveland Browns​

Grade: C-

Key Picks: Martin Emerson (CB, Mississippi State), David Bell (WR, Purdue), Alex Wright (EDGE, UAB), DT Perrion Winfrey (DT, Oklahoma), Cade York (K, LSU)

Analysis: Strange trade from No. 44 down to No. 68 after not having a first-rounder. Out of the running for a lot of more promising receivers by the time their first of three third-round picks was made. Winfrey was Senior Bowl MVP.
Not sure what the other guy was posting but other than the trade down that is more in line with my thinking. This is my entire write-up of my C grade and it explains the trade down.

Browns - C
You can’t ask for much more considering they had mid to late pick only. I legimately believe AB had a target at 44 and that target was picked. I heard rumors it was Mensah trading up to get Booth. So considering that I feel like they filled most of their clear positional needs and they also looked towards the future. Their starters to finish out the roster will still be fulfilled in FA.

WR - Bell is a reliable guy, not explosive but he could be a guy that forms into a reliable pass catcher like Jarvis. Good value.

DT/EDGE - Winfrey could see the most playing time out of all the picks other than York. Wright was said to be a reach but he is versatile and is added depth.

CB - was surprised with the Hill trade but I didn’t realize he was so bad last year. Emerson isn’t ideal but I trust the FO with him filling a need they believe can impact the secondary. They wanted a physical CB that thrives in zone, he was one of the best in the draft from that aspect, it was still a reach.

K - Loved this pick and York was easily the best kicker in this draft. They couldn’t afford to wait till the 5th. Clear need lets hope he works out. I feel pretty confident in the kid.

RB - I knew they would take a RB in this draft with D’Ernest likely gone next season and Hunt following. Ford is a big physical back but he also has track speed, 4.42. It’s a really good fit.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did ok. Got the franchise LT at long last, I hope. The Corrall pick was surprising, but there's aways questions about Darnold.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy with the Patriots draft.
Some solid prospects at positions of need and some interesting gambles.

We had too many picks and were only able to trade 1 of them for next year.....

I also loved that all the pundits said we sucked because they all agree with themselves and Belichick does not.
This is the season where perennially the reports can dump on Belichick and staff.