• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly happy. Felt like they got careless since they still needed to address OL. Decent value though but will need some immediate returns. Thinking C+ or B-

Double dip at QB… I’m a big fan of landing Pickett. Didn’t think he would fall. Gives us someone worth starting or grooming. Not sure about the 7th rd guy. I knew they wanted 4 QBs at camp, but seems like they could have found a UDFA to fill that need. Guess they thought this guy might be in high demand? If so, then go after Carson Strong?

Double dip at WR… I like it. Pickens has maturity issues though so that’s sketchy. But his talent is fantastic if he can keep his head on straight. Austin’s film is awesome. Should make an instant impact in the slot.

Leal was once touted as a top 10 pick. Needs to bulk up to play DE though.

1. QB Pickett
2. WR Pickens
3. DL Leal
4. WR Austin
6. TE/HB Heyward
7. LB Robinson
7. QB Oladokun

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02. I'm sure this will age like milk but here we go...

I don't hate what Arizona did. Hollywood Brown will likely be better with the Cardinals than he was with the Ravens. They keep their QB happy who quite frankly hasn't sounded all that happy lately. GMs job 1 is the QB spot so...yeah..I actually liked what the Cardinals did. Trey McBride was probably a top 2 TE. They got two productive college rushers but they'll have to put them in spots to win. Two swings at pass rushers, two swings at wide receiver.

Falcons draft is all about Ridder and London. Ridder, of all of the QBs, has the highest 'hit' potential imo. He does the most things you want a QB to do. The issue is that when he is off, its just all wrong.

Ravens draft is all over the place. Not sure they put their team in a position to win next year. Not sure they are keeping their QB happy. Top 2 picks are S and C which have lower positional value. Then they drafted a freakish Edge who might not be a factor for two years. Middle of the pack draft imo with the potential to be the worst draft.

Bills reached on their first two picks imo. Not a fan of Elam. Fan of Cook but he is an RB. Bernard was probably a reach. Drafted a punter. Do they even punt? Shakir has short arms and bad hands. Meh.

Panthers got Corral and an OT. This is protypical draft for a struggling offense. This is what you want to see out of a top draft. The issue? The QB probably stinks. It is Simms top QB prospect. Corral will need a year, though, and next years class will be better so...not sure what the point is. Eh.

Chicago got Gordon and Brisker and I think they needed both. Velus Jones is a speedy gadget guy but older and not developed so...thats all he is. This is probably as good as they could have done but because they got Fields last year they dont have the ammo to be in top draft class conversation.

Bengals just reloading. Big fan of Daxton Hill. Not sure this makes them any better at all but they're probably wondering how they're going to pay everyone.

Browns got some good depth. All you can expect, really.

I'm not really high on any of the Cowboys picks, though I do think they picked the right positions.

Broncos did well with their first two picks. Not sure I know enough to comment on the rest but they did okay.

Lions were in a position to dominate the draft and they did.

I like half of the Packers picks and hate the other half. I dont think their receivers are pro ready enough.

Texans had a great draft if I thought they were ready to compete. Stingley/Pietre is a great combo. I dont think the fundamentals of that team are strong enough to be at the top of the draft and pick a high floor guy like Metchie and a guard in rd1. Top 10 draft maybe.

Colts taking home run swings with their picks. I like Cross but Im not sure Pierce is the fit with old man Ryan.

Jaguars went all defense. For some reason. Their whole offseason strategy has been bizarre. I dont hate Walker #1 but the 2 LBs and a C following. Meh.

Chiefs. Yeah. Definitely top 10. Probably not top 5.

Raiders. Why did they even show up?

Chargers had a very boring draft. Spiller could be a difference maker for them. Not a huge fan of his but Chargers do push 4th downs a lot and a guy like Spiller could win games. Decent draft.

Rams say f' those picks. They're fine.

Miami says f those picks. They did fine.

Vikings look to fix their secondary. Not sure they picked the right guys after the first two. Okay draft. Not worth giving the Lions Williams.

Not a huge fan of a lot of the moves the Patriots have made this offseason. They did okay but not a lot to get excited about.

Saints draft sucked hard for what they gave up.

Giants draft looks like every Giants draft. Sexy picks that for whatever reason dont work out. Wandale Robinson is just a weird pick unless Toney gets moved. New York fans will watch Tyrod Taylor lead this team to 6 or 7 wins next year.

Jets are in the running for winning the draft. They were in position and took advantage.

Eagles made some big splashes. AJ Brown got paid. Jordan Davis is a projection but if he plays at least half of the snaps then they had a good draft. Dean could be a good value. Got the Saints to bite on a trade. Because of that trade, they're near the top.

Steelers have a ton of value. QB, WR, DL, WR. Did they actually pick the right players? If Pickett works out, they probably are the top draft. Pickens and Austin are a good WR combo. I wouldnt sleep on either one being successful at the next level.

Niners draft looks decent but they werent working with a lot. Drake Jackson is a projection but he bends well. Good pick imo. Reloading at HB again seems essential. Good draft for them.

Seahawks looks top 10 for sure. Setting the groundwork for the next QB. Maybe top 5 if both tackles hit.

Tampa Bay looks top 10. Not enough ammo to get to top 5.

Titans draft will take 3 years to properly analyze. Could be #1 overall. Could be average.

Commies draft stunk unless Howell hits.
two cents???? That's more like six bucks... :heh:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two cents???? That's more like six bucks... :heh:
I meant to just talk about the Cardinals but I just ended up being a long stream of consciousness before going to sleep.

There is this narrative that Arizona is a bunch of idiots and Baltimore is a genius team and Im not quite sure thats actually the case. If the Ravens pass offense struggles next year I feel like you're opening a can of worms much larger than what Kyle Hamilton and Linderbaum can cover up.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really

I'm happier with the UDA they picked up

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC at the top? Uh color me doubtful at the accuracy of said graph.

Most have NYJ, Baltimore at top for nailing the draft from reviews I see and Philly as another.

Reading it... seems like more smoke and mirrors on top of smoke and mirrors that this individual created. And then I see Cole Strange pick appears to be a good one and graph lost all credibility for me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with the players that the Vikes got in the draft.

Not really ecstatic about how we got there. The new GM needs a new draft value chart. Didnt get enough for trading down with divisional opponents. Especially the Lions trade in the 1st round was way too little value in return.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t put to much thought into that ranking, hell even the writer didn’t.
My thoughts on the Patriots draft: Have at it!

Cole Strange - best Guard in the draft. Tough player with a streak of mean. One sack allowed in 3 years. Strange measures out as one of the 10 most athletic guards to come out of the NFL Draft in the last 35 years, judging by his relative athletic score (RAS).
Tyquon Thorton -The 4.28 speed fastest WR in the draft. Thornton averaged 15.7 yards over the course of his 143 receptions with the Bears. He should loosen up defenses for a passing game that's otherwise overloaded with No. 2 receivers.
Marcus Jones - Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player. He was a second-team All-American Athletic Conference selection at cornerback, first-team Associated Press All-American and American
Jack Jones - One of best pure man cover CB in the '22 draft, and can be a high-end nickel right away.
Pierre Strong - 4.37 speed. Fastest RB in the draft! finalist for the Walter Payton Award (top player in FCS), earning first-team All-MVFC honors Strong capped his outstanding career with the Jackrabbits by receiving first-team FCS All-American and All-MVFC honors in 2021, leading the FCS with 1,686 rushing yards
Bailey Zappe 62 TD's and 6000 yards Breaking Joe Burrows All time season records. The 2021 Conference USA Most Valuable Player and first-team all-league selection. Zappe was also named the Boca Raton Bowl MVP,
Kevin Harris - a bruising RB with receiving skills. Held back in draft by an injury.
Sam Roberts - Roberts is a huge pass rusher with NFL prototypical size and is pretty damn good too! He has been an All-MIAA player for multiple years. He can get to the QB and good power.
Chasen Hines - Hines' wingspan and size are strong selling points.. playing at left and right tackle during his LSU career. backup center during their 2019 national championship-winning season. Hines plays with great power and strength. He also has the experience to use those traits to his advantage.
Andrew Steuben - Prototypical NFL Offensive Tackle. 2021 Joe Moore Award as the nation's top offensive line, in part because of Stueber's play in 14 starts at right tackle. He was voted third-team All-Big Ten Conference for his efforts.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like their first 2 picks. The others...? Not sure. We'll see. Just as with any other draft, time will tell. I'm optimistic. Maybe they drafted a handful of guys that could rival the '74 Steelers...hopefully.

(1,5) DE Kayvon Thibodeaux​

(1, 7) OT Evan Neal​

(2, 43) WR Wan'Dale Robinson​

(3, 67) OL Joshua Ezeudu​

(3, 81) DB Cordale Flott​

(4, 112) TE Daniel Bellinger​

(4, 114) S Dane Belton​

(5, 146) LB Micah McFadden​

(5, 147) DT D.J. Davidson​

(5, 173) OT Marcus McKethan​

(6, 182) LB Darrian Beavers​

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t put to much thought into that ranking, hell even the writer didn’t.
HAH. I'm just saying it was a particularly stupid ranking. I'm fairly happy with the Patriots picks given that Belichick will do what he gdam wants. If he wants a particular players he'll make sure he gets them regardless of where people expect that player to be drafted. I think the Strange pick was exactly the type of o-lineman Belichick like to draft. And I think the #2 pick is particularly interesting. If he's anywhere near his potential he'll be a great help for Jones...

Some of the other picks were hit or miss but we'll see. I would have liked some good linebacker types but one can never have too many O-linemen since they get injured a good deal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cole Strange - best Guard in the draft. Tough player with a streak of mean. One sack allowed in 3 years. Strange measures out as one of the 10 most athletic guards to come out of the NFL Draft in the last 35 years, judging by his relative athletic score (RAS).
Tyquon Thorton -The 4.28 speed fastest WR in the draft. Thornton averaged 15.7 yards over the course of his 143 receptions with the Bears. He should loosen up defenses for a passing game that's otherwise overloaded with No. 2 receivers.
Marcus Jones - Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player. He was a second-team All-American Athletic Conference selection at cornerback, first-team Associated Press All-American and American
Jack Jones - One of best pure man cover CB in the '22 draft, and can be a high-end nickel right away.
Pierre Strong - 4.37 speed. Fastest RB in the draft! finalist for the Walter Payton Award (top player in FCS), earning first-team All-MVFC honors Strong capped his outstanding career with the Jackrabbits by receiving first-team FCS All-American and All-MVFC honors in 2021, leading the FCS with 1,686 rushing yards
Bailey Zappe 62 TD's and 6000 yards Breaking Joe Burrows All time season records. The 2021 Conference USA Most Valuable Player and first-team all-league selection. Zappe was also named the Boca Raton Bowl MVP,
Kevin Harris - a bruising RB with receiving skills. Held back in draft by an injury.
Sam Roberts - Roberts is a huge pass rusher with NFL prototypical size and is pretty damn good too! He has been an All-MIAA player for multiple years. He can get to the QB and good power.
Chasen Hines - Hines' wingspan and size are strong selling points.. playing at left and right tackle during his LSU career. backup center during their 2019 national championship-winning season. Hines plays with great power and strength. He also has the experience to use those traits to his advantage.
Andrew Steuben - Prototypical NFL Offensive Tackle. 2021 Joe Moore Award as the nation's top offensive line, in part because of Stueber's play in 14 starts at right tackle. He was voted third-team All-Big Ten Conference for his efforts.
Strange = best Guard?

Not Green or Johnson?

Your opinion, is your opinion.

Personally I dont agree though.

As for the rest you're kind of laying the sugar coat pretty thick, especially with Zappe

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange = best Guard?

Not Green or Johnson?

Your opinion, is your opinion.

Personally I dont agree though.

As for the rest you're kind of laying the sugar coat pretty thick, especially with Zappe
Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green only guerds picked before Cole Strange

Green:
  • Has a history of opting-in on holding penalties.
  • Enters lateral block fit before finding positioning.
  • Struggled with block sustain in loss to Mississippi State.
  • Requires better feel for best angles as inside-zone blocker.
  • Below-average instincts in pass protection.
  • Slow to activate lateral slide when mirroring.
  • New Mexico twist game gave him trouble.
Johnson:

In space, his limitations become obvious. He'll need to fit into the right scheme that takes advantage of what he does well and diminishes the athletic limitations. He has a ceiling of starting guard in the NFL, but his ability to deal with the athleticism of NFL defensive linemen on all three downs is a concern both as a run blocker and in pass protection

"he struggled with the speed rushers from Florida State to close out the year."
"Team sources call Johnson's tape that of a second-rounder, he could be a late first-round pick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green only guerds picked before Cole Strange

Green:
  • Has a history of opting-in on holding penalties.
  • Enters lateral block fit before finding positioning.
  • Struggled with block sustain in loss to Mississippi State.
  • Requires better feel for best angles as inside-zone blocker.
  • Below-average instincts in pass protection.
  • Slow to activate lateral slide when mirroring.
  • New Mexico twist game gave him trouble.
Johnson:

In space, his limitations become obvious. He'll need to fit into the right scheme that takes advantage of what he does well and diminishes the athletic limitations. He has a ceiling of starting guard in the NFL, but his ability to deal with the athleticism of NFL defensive linemen on all three downs is a concern both as a run blocker and in pass protection

"he struggled with the speed rushers from Florida State to close out the year."
"Team sources call Johnson's tape that of a second-rounder, he could be a late first-round pick.
If you're saying best G available, OK I won't argue as obviously BB thought so, I'll say he wasn't the best G in the draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel way better about some of these UDFA's than the guys they drafted in the late rounds. Just like the Eagles got Carson Strong as a UDFA.

Browns got Isaiah Weston, freak at the combine.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know RTK changed his screen name and team affiliation.

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the NFL draft was happening, didn't care one iota. I watch "real" sports, which means MLB, NBA (playoffs), and NHL (playoffs). This USFL nonsense need not apply.

I have a hard time watching the NBA, not just because we lost our Sonics, but because the game is just a 3 point and dunk contest, defense is almost non existent …