• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are too talented to get many of these rookies on the field. Jordan Davis needs more reps though. He is a one man wrecking crew vs the run.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+

Cross is holding his own
Walker has been getting more PT and is killing it
Mafe needs more PT
Lucas is holding his own. Few hiccups
Bryant is above average. Had some Hiccups but is good at forcing turnovers.
Woolen is killing it. Forcing turnovers and no hiccups.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are too talented to get many of these rookies on the field. Jordan Davis needs more reps though. He is a one man wrecking crew vs the run.
Good spot to be in. The big question with Jordan Davis has always been reps. If he gets more reps he might end up being one of the best 2 or 3 players in the whole draft. Without the reps? Hard to say he'll make up the value. Its the kind of pick you want on a SB contender, though.

Chiefs coming into the season I think were only going to rely on two rookies (McDuffie and Cook) and naturally they're both hurt. Chiefs rookies are responsible for one win (Watson against the Chargers) and one loss (Skyy Moore against the Colts). When the Chiefs drafted Karlaftis, they brought in a veteran DE in Carlos Dunlap which is what good teams do. Let the rookie develop.

All I can say so far is that the two trades the Chiefs were involved in haven't really paid off. Trading up for McDuffie over Elam resulted in Elam intercepting Mahomes in the endzone by taking the ball from MVS. Chiefs traded down in the 2nd round for a developmental RT and the Chiefs really need OT play and that RT hasnt shown anything so far.

Ultimately, though, I think the only actual player Im going to judge in year 1 is Pacheco because he is an RB. I expect Pacheco to take over the starting spot here in a few weeks which would be excellent for a 7th round pick.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the Bills a "B".

They had one pick they had to "punt", and another (Luke Tenuta) that was signed off their practice squad to another team's roster.

The remaining six picks are on the 53 man roster, and all of them have been active for most games this season.

Elam has held up very well as "CB under fire". With various injuries, there were stretches where he was functioning as the #1 CB.

Benford has been a very pleasant surprise, pushing Elam for playing time.

Shakir has made a few big plays in limited playing time.

Cook as of now has been a disappointment; has made too many mistakes in the limited opportunities he's had.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes draft has been pretty bad thus far.

We lost our 1st round pick to a brutal injury (CIne).

Our 2nd rounder has started all the games at guard (Ingram). And he looks like a rookie. But looks to be a player who will develop into at least an average starter.

Everyone else in the draft class is getting basically a red-shirt year unless they are forced into action via an injury other than that. I do think at some point we will get to see more of our rookie DB's (2nd rounder Booth, 4th rounder Evans) as secondaries always get injured at some point.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Cross/Lucas are doing okay for Seattle. Nothing electric... they got fairly abused in the Arizona game. Arizona blitzes a ton and it's clear Cross/Lucas were caught off guard by it. Starting two rookie OTs the same year is generally unheard of, so I'll give it a pass, but I can't say Cross/Lucas have been incredible... about what I'd expect. Some good flashes/moments, but still some learning to do. Cross is 21 (about to be 22) so whatever.

Woolen is a candidate for DROY, can't be any happier there. Cobe Bryant is playing out of position (he was not a nickel in College) but still finding a way to make plays. Walker jury is still out, but he's looked great with the opportunities he has... Carroll needs to stop trying to pound him up the middle and find a power back, getting Homer back should help. If Walker stays healthy he's a ROY of the candidate, not that anyone should be surprised by that... the odds were pretty high to begin with since he was the best pure runner in the draft going to a team that likes to run and Penny constantly injured.

Can't remember what my official grade for Seattle was but it was in the B to A range. I'd still stick with that. I was very pro Woolen and that's clearly panned out. Tackles have played decent, but did get abused in the Arizona game and the refs went to town on them in the Saints game. Mafe needs to start seeing the field more... Taylor doesn't appear to be the answer (which is no surprise, he's not a 3-4 player - neither is Mafe but he translates to a more solid 3-4 EDGE than Taylor).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB in the draft - Bailey Zappe undefeated
Best guard in the draft - starter every game
Fastest WR in the draft - Tyquon Thorton is looking good and developing
Fastest RB in the draft - developing 1st year redshirt?
Jack Jones is turning out to be a very good CB
Bump,

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness . I thini they cut zappe because mac’s ego’s a bit bruised and they are trying to fix it. Cut their best qb in the process.
They cut Zappe and Cunningham because they both need more work.
They hope to get them to the practice squad.
Zappe could not handle Bill O'Briens offense. Could not work through progressions fast enough.
Still has potential - with practice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness . I thini they cut zappe because mac’s ego’s a bit bruised and they are trying to fix it. Cut their best qb in the process.
".....But in Bill O'Brien's offense, and in front of a patchwork group of backup offensive linemen, Zappe's confidence seemed to wane in Year 2. He held onto the football for extended periods of time both in practice and preseason games. The poise he showed in the pocket at times as a rookie seemed to abandon him. His accuracy was spotty.

The numbers in preseason play were eyebrow-raising. Zappe completed 58.8 percent of his passes. He averaged 5.0 yards per attempt. He was sacked six times, and he had a quarterback rating of 78.3. Zappe also fumbled three times in the preseason finale against the Titans last week. For a team that lives by the phrase "ball security is job security," perhaps Tuesday's outcome should not have been so surprising."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cut Zappe and Cunningham because they both need more work.
They hope to get them to the practice squad.
Zappe could not handle Bill O'Briens offense. Could not work through progressions fast enough.
Still has potential - with practice.
Bullspit. U talked him up like crazy didnt u? now that hes gone he stinks lol. So he struggled some.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years class was so deep that a lot of teams should be happy with their class tbh