• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams draft this year?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

With Lou's defense, getting guys 1-2-3 that all can play multiple positions was a big key. I realize the DT/DE in the 3rd might have been a bit early for some, but if they had a 4th round grade on him, the Bengals picking near dead last in the 4th - chance he's not there. Late 3rd is nearly an early 4th, and I think his positional flexibility adds to his value as other had him strictly as a DE...

Outside of that, a lot of good value later for developmental guys. Bengals were in need of some immediate depth on defense - check - and the rest was more about drafting guys with an eye on '23 and '24 when contracts start coming up. Burrow/Chase is going to be very expensive and working now on getting guys ready to replace veterans with higher contracts is going to be a must.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time watching the NBA, not just because we lost our Sonics, but because the game is just a 3 point and dunk contest, defense is almost non existent …
Yeah, I stopped watching once the Golden State Warriors happened. When 3pts became that easy, everything just got boring to me

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Bills draft, especially Elam, Cook, and Shakir. Bernard is interesting, likely to be the nickel LB. Araiza is still a question mark, has to prove himself as a holder. His value as an emergency PK is offset by being lefty, which complicates things for the (backup) holder. The other guys are developmental.

For the Rams, liked Bruss, Durant, and Lake. Kryen Williams and Kendrick are proven college players, but seem limited for the NFL. The 7th rounders are developmental.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Bills draft, especially Elam, Cook, and Shakir. Bernard is interesting, likely to be the nickel LB. Araiza is still a question mark, has to prove himself as a holder. His value as an emergency PK is offset by being lefty, which complicates things for the (backup) holder. The other guys are developmental.

For the Rams, liked Bruss, Durant, and Lake. Kryen Williams and Kendrick are proven college players, but seem limited for the NFL. The 7th rounders are developmental.
Elam likely makes or breaks that Bills draft imo. Florida DBs dont have the best track record of developing but the Bills have shown that if you take a risk on these types of picks and they pay off then there is huge value. If Elam puts it all together then thats a big win at the back end of rd1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elam likely makes or breaks that Bills draft imo. Florida DBs dont have the best track record of developing but the Bills have shown that if you take a risk on these types of picks and they pay off then there is huge value. If Elam puts it all together then thats a big win at the back end of rd1.

Elam's production kinda mirrors Stingley's, top notch younger then a bit off as they got older. I think the Bills likely add a vet into the mix at CB just in case White isn't ready to start the season to avoid putting too much pressure on Elam right away. Joe Haden's name has been mentioned, ironic since the Steelers let him go in favor of signing FA Levi Wallace away from the Bills.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The context is that by most draft metrics, right or wrong(often wrong), the pats reached on players. But you know that and are about to spin.:trash:
Best QB in the draft - Bailey Zappe undefeated
Best guard in the draft - starter every game
Fastest WR in the draft - Tyquon Thorton is looking good and developing
Fastest RB in the draft - developing 1st year redshirt?
Jack Jones is turning out to be a very good CB

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB in the draft - Bailey Zappe undefeated
Best guard in the draft - starter every game
Fastest WR in the draft - Tyquon Thorton is looking good and developing
Fastest RB in the draft - developing 1st year redshirt?
Jack Jones is turning out to be a very good CB
Zappe>MAC

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seattle has an all pro in Woolen....
We have apparently Tillman 2.0 in Bryant who is playing out of position (4 FF so far).
Walker is now the starter and nearly tore off 100 yards yesterday.

Yah the rookie OTs got abused but outside of the Cards game they were holding their own (maybe first time they saw massive blitzing as that's Arizona's thing).

Yah... pretty happy. Seattle gets a center, a couple DL, and another ILB next year and ...... *ahem* "LET'S FLY" :pound:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty pleased with the Chiefs draftees so far. I think Joshua Williams was definitely a guy I wanted to be effectively redshirted instead of being overexposed like he was yesterday, but besides that I am pretty pleased.

-McDuffie has been hurt, but looked great/lockdown week 1 and preseason so there's reason to be excited
-Karlaftis is raw. Looked good in the first few games but not so much as of late. Will be interesting to see how he responds. Needs to add more moves to his repertoire and it's easy to see he's new to football.
-Skyy Moore has produced when given an opportunity and needs to be featured more.
-Bryan Cook starting effectively given how often the Chiefs rotate between 3 safeties. Looks decent. Got bit on a double move against the Raiders but otherwise he has been respectable.
-Joshua Williams Raw. Got beat off of early handfighting and picks. Tough transition from non-FBS ball to the NFL. Will take time with him, if he figures it out.
- Kinnard looks like a lemon as of right now. He probably would be cut if it was truly best 53. Looks like a backup OT/Guard at best as of right now. For a 5th round pick, it doesn't hurt as bad to whiff here.
-Jaylen Watson has been very encouraging as a 7th round CB, and I think he should continue to start and will get Fenton benched for McDuffie
-Pacheco, another 7th rounder, has looked good and honestly looks better than CEH at this point. I'd strongly consider letting him being the feature guy after the bye.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy so far
1st rounder exceeded all expectations for year 1
2nd rounder rotating in at DE and looks like a pass rusher
3rd rounder is the one most expected a little more from I think. But it's week 6 of year 1 so can't criticize
4th rounder looks like a future starter (well has already started a couple games)
5th rounder hurt in camp. Back now. Hasn't really played
5th round B has passed last years 2nd rounder on the depth chart - wait, is that good or bad :scratch:
5th round C made the roster and was waived because spot was needed, but made Washington's roster. Note - should have IR'd Dak and kept him
6th round made the roster.

Last edited:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks draft was kinda cracked

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the way the hawks draft is panning out... We had 6 rookies win starting positions (outside K9 who replaced Penny due to injury)... That's pretty impressive...

Also, most draft analysis gave us a C grade factoring in the RW trade... Again, looks like the Hawks are getting the last laugh...

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the way the hawks draft is panning out... We had 6 rookies win starting positions (outside K9 who replaced Penny due to injury)... That's pretty impressive...

Also, most draft analysis gave us a C grade factoring in the RW trade... Again, looks like the Hawks are getting the last laugh...

Just posted in our forum... it still baffles me why everyone graded that Wilson trade favorably and considered Denver so much better of a destination for Wilson... I gave it a pretty equal grade from both teams, still blows my mind how so many sites, analysts, fans, media, etc. graded it so much more favorably for Denver.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posted in our forum... it still baffles me why everyone graded that Wilson trade favorably and considered Denver so much better of a destination for Wilson... I gave it a pretty equal grade from both teams, still blows my mind how so many sites, analysts, fans, media, etc. graded it so much more favorably for Denver.
Trading for a decline qb, and paying him a ton of money always makes sense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a decent draft so far.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly happy. Felt like they got careless since they still needed to address OL. Decent value though but will need some immediate returns. Thinking C+ or B-

Double dip at QB… I’m a big fan of landing Pickett. Didn’t think he would fall. Gives us someone worth starting or grooming. Not sure about the 7th rd guy. I knew they wanted 4 QBs at camp, but seems like they could have found a UDFA to fill that need. Guess they thought this guy might be in high demand? If so, then go after Carson Strong?

Double dip at WR… I like it. Pickens has maturity issues though so that’s sketchy. But his talent is fantastic if he can keep his head on straight. Austin’s film is awesome. Should make an instant impact in the slot.

Leal was once touted as a top 10 pick. Needs to bulk up to play DE though.

1. QB Pickett
2. WR Pickens
3. DL Leal
4. WR Austin
6. TE/HB Heyward
7. LB Robinson
7. QB Oladokun
Aside from 2 picks, I am loving this draft. Going to shift it to a B+ based on the top 3 looking like future stars.

QB Pickett... Showing us exactly why he's a 1st Rd QB. Fully expecting growing pains, but he's showing great talent. RoethlisbergerToPicketUJelly?

WR Pickens... I knew the talent was great, but he has been unreal at times. Not sure how so many teams passed on this kid given just how good he is. I believe a "thanks" is in order.

DL Leal... Love what I've seen so far. Great at the point of attack, and very versatile. They started lining him up at OLB & all over the DL. Pretty crazy that he is fast enough at his size to play at LB. Unfortunate that he landed on IR this week, but he'll be great moving forward.

WR Austin... Haven't seen him take the field yet. Started off the season on IR out of precaution. I think he was healthy enough to do PUP, but the Steelers had a wealth of WR talent they didn't want to let slip away. Austin should be recalled this week or next and we'll finally get to see what all the fuss is about.

TE Heyward... For a 6th Rd pick I should be pleased. But considering Colbert thought he had 1st Rd pedigree I thought we would see a little more spark here. He has a lot to work on to improve his game, but he shows grit & is a high effort guy. Probably should have used this pick on a developmental OL prospect. Because the depth there is already causing a concern.

LB Robinson... This kid was a gem in the preseason, & heard lots of praise coming out of camps. We were excited to see him make the 53, and would love to see him get some snaps at ILB. Bush & Spillane have struggled a lot this year so its puzzling why they haven't at least tried giving Robinson some snaps.

QB Oladokun... Not going to bury them for this pick because I think I know why it happened, but it ended up being a waste. They thought they could move Rudolph and I'm pretty confident they tried to. Oladokun might have made the roster had that happened. Still have hope that the trade for Mason happens. Oladokun is sitting on KC's PS so he could be scooped back up in that event.